[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you raise your kids in a manner that will make them dependent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: yes you are.jpg (8 KB, 257x278) Image search: [Google]
yes you are.jpg
8 KB, 257x278
How do you raise your kids in a manner that will make them dependent on you?

I want my son or daughter to be my best friend an always live at or close to home, how do I accomplish this?

Also would it be okay to force barbie play on my son or truck play on my daughter so that they have an appreciation for the opposite gender's toys?
>>
If you plan on raising children like this then you simply shouldn't procreate. End of story
>>
>>16738236
>force children to play with opposite gender toys because muh liberalism
>not understanding how fucking hypocritical this is

you're fucking retarded. don't have children for everyone else's sake.
>>
you can't do that reliably
you can't do that reliably
toys are fun by design, that's super easy. it's actually more work to avoid.
>>
>>16738236
I hope this is bait

You need to be their parent, not a BFF

>would it be okay to force barbie play on my son or truck play on my daughter so that they have an appreciation for the opposite gender's toys?

No.
>>
>>16738236

This has to be a troll thread. You're going to be the worst parent ever
>>
>>16738236
So you want to raise spoiled little brats? Pls don't, we have enough of those.
>>
File: best.jpg (24 KB, 575x324) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
24 KB, 575x324
>>16738296
What's wrong with a parent wanting their hild to be their best friend?
>>
>>16738337
pretty much everything
>>
>>16738236
Your kids cant be your friends thats a fact

Remember when raising a kid, your a parent before anything and you goal as a parent is to make sure that little brat becomes strong enough for the real world and educate him properly no just in general topics but make sure hes not a fucking kid with autism

He can be you friend when he get older (25+ yrs old and forward) but before that remember that hes not you friend, hes you son and your a parent.

The toy thing i think is stupid let the kids be kids let em play with whatever they wanna play (that is actually made for their age)
>>
>>16738352
elaborate.
>>
>>16738367
>Your kids cant be your friends thats a fact

Wrong me and my mom are best friends, we go out together for drinks and talk about guys.
>>
>>16738236
>make them dependent on you?
You are playing a dangerous game with their fragile self-confidence. This could affect them for life - at college, in relationships (if they have any), and at work. Help them become confident independent adults.

As for the toys, they will pretty soon express what they like, no matter what you do.
>>
>>16738337

Your job is to protect your child from his/her own stupid decisions. This will often make them quite angry at you, because they don't understand yet that their decisions are stupid. To them, their logic is sound, and you're an unfair oppressor.

But if you don't oppress, your kids will trainwreck their own lives while you stand on the sidelines, smiling at them and saying "aw honey, I'm sorry it didn't work out, they just don't understand you!" That's if they don't accidentally die before they even reach their teens, because you think it's important for them to be "free" and learn things for themselves.

Parenting is a position of leadership, even to the point of total dictatorship and brainwashing. And like any position of leadership, you can never be effective if you're afraid of being disliked. You pretty much have to teach them all the ins and outs of being a human being. People don't know this stuff automatically. You've got a tough job ahead of you. It's not the same as adopting a pet.

If you've done your job really, really well, they will hate you until their mid-twenties, and finally thank you around their fortieth birthday when they realize their life is going much better than their friends from high school.
>>
>>16738378
tell me you age
>>
>>16738337
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with being close to your kid, but it's not something you can force upon them. I'm very close to my mother, without her having to put much effort into it. We get along, share similar interests, etc. We're just lucky. If she had raised me in the way that OP wants to, I'd probably run like hell.
>>
>>16738480
>>
>>16738367
This is all nonsense. I was very close to my mom when I was 15+, and considered her my best friend, but that doesn't mean she stopped being a parent. She still took care of me and prepared me for the world (I finished school early, got my shit together, and moved out at 18 on my own). We just happened to bond over the same things. And when she was that age, she was close to my grandmother (before she died, we were all close). We'd take the train to NYC on the weekends, hang out in bookstores, spend cold mornings drinking coffee and going on walks with the dogs, watch movies, bake together, etc. Now that I'm older and married, we still hang out once a week, make a ton of awesome food, and marathon movies. When the weather gets better, we'll get back to hiking and doing some outdoor DIY shit.

I swear, people are so used to seeing shitty parents that try to force bonds like this upon their kids that they don't seem to get that families like this can exist in a natural, healthy way.
>>
>>16738534
Are you close friends with your Dad, to you ever hug him or cuddle up with him in a platonic loving way?
>>
>>16738682
I would have, if he wasn't a violent sociopath. He's part of the reason why my mother and I are close; he did horrible things to me and my family, and she was the only person that sacrificed everything to take me away from him. His side of the family, if people are having problems, you just sweep it under the rug and look the other way. My mom wouldn't have any of that.

Under different circumstances, if he were a good person capable of remorse or empathy, I think I probably would.
>>
>>16738778
Have you ever thought of looking for a father figure online and as a separate question do you have skype?
>>
>>16738534
Are you gay by chance?
>>
>>16738852

I don't really feel like I need one, especially not a stranger. My mother remarried to a younger guy, my husband's best friend, and we get along well. He always does nice, thoughtful things for us and treats me like an actual daughter. It feels like a complete family now.

No Skype.
>>
>>16738854
Bisexual female.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.