[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a bedbug? I killed it while it was crawling on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 423x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 423x595
Is this a bedbug?

I killed it while it was crawling on the top of my dresser, which is 2 feet away from my bed.

If it is a bedbug, how can I find the source of the infestation and kill them all?

I remember waking up with random cuts on my arm and there's blood stains on ny sheets I can't account for. I also have bites on my feet and back.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1536x2048
I'm gonna samefag with more photos of the pesky crawler.
>>
Yup you've definitely got bedbugs.

I'm not going to write out a whole guide for getting rid of them, Google can help you with that. Suffice to say, it's going to be a pain in the ass. Sorry anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 917x1092) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 917x1092
Do I carry bed bug eggs on me if I slept in a bed bug infested bed?
I'm really freaking out here.
>>
You pretty much have no choice but to call a professional exterminator IMO.

And be prepared to toss a bunch of furniture out.

It's gonna be costly. It's gonna suck.

Sorry, OP.
>>
File: kangaroo.webm (1004 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kangaroo.webm
1004 KB, 300x300
new mattress mate. new bedsheets. otherwise they will make you sick as fuck
>>
Eww :/

http://www.orkin.com/other/bed-bugs/

Sorry you have this
>>
>>16737762
call a professional.

this will be hell.
>>
>>16737762
That looks like what they call a stink bug. Its a harmless bug that dose not bite humans or animals.They winter in doors in addicts barns inside of ac's and they fly. They also when squished let go a smell to ward off other insects and animals that would eat them... I recommend looking up stink bug and once you are 100% sure thats what they are then look up traps... Hope this helps ya out some..
>>
>>16738307
the dude has blood stains on his sheets and bites on his body. that's clearly a bed bug.

stop giving advice if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>16738307
it's 100% a bed bug. i had them. it's hell.

probably still have a few, but i can't find any.
>>
Extreme heat will be about the only option to actually get rid of them. I think chemicals just make them horny. Steam clean really well or call bedbug guy depending how bad it is.
>>
>>16738652
Hydrochloric Acid won't make them horny.

That being said definitely contact an exterminator. I'm not sure if bedbugs carry diseases but if they're biting you you should also see a doctor. Don't Fuck around with that shit
>>
Does OP still need help with bedbugs? I got rid of them in record time because my family had to move and we didn't want to take them with us. I hate the fuckers and would be happy to help anyone who needs a quick guide.
>>
How big is this bug? If it's tiny, bedbug. If it's bigger, say, beetle sized, stink bug.

The fact that it was crawling on the dresser two feet from your bed gives me pause, but it doesn't rule out bedbugs. You probably have them if you've got bites

The cut? You did that to yourself, bro, sorry. Good luck, bedbugs are a nightmare. Immediately take everything you can wash, put into contractor bags and take to laundromat. Wash on hot and dry for at least an hour. Then put them back into fresh contractor bags, discarding the old.

It's a seriously huge pain in the ass, I'm sorry, man!
>>
AAAH CHRIST YES IT FUCKING IS

I hate those bastards, I was going to go on vacation but those motherfuckers made me use the money on an exterminator and I'm still pissed
>>
>>16738965

Btw I should mention that I had to do it on the tiniest budget possible. So if you're poor and fighting bedbugs be prepared to really throw your back into it.
>>
>>16737762
Call an exterminator, place Tupperware with baby powder in it on the legs of your bed, make CO2 traps (google how, I'm lazy). Beg bugs find you via CO2 emission when you sleep n stuff. The CO2 traps draw them out. They get trapped n can't get out to breed. The baby powder keeps them in the Tupperware so they can't get on your bed n feed on you.

You can also fill cracks in where the wall meets the floor with steel wool and duct tape. (Do this after the exterminator comes) also wash, then dry on the highest setting, you clothes. Do this regularly, and be vigilant. Also check around your computer desk n other places you sit for a long time.

Its hard work, took a year to clear them from my apartment.
>>
>>16737762
Also, if you'rein an apartment, tell your landlord, they need to call an exterminator for the building, so they don't spread from your neighbors.
>>
Yes that is a bed bug
>>
>>16738965
Yes please. I'm living with my uncle, but he doesn't think they're bedbugs.
>>16739217
Thanks for this,
>>
>>16739269

First, spare yourself and hire an exterminator if you can afford it.

Now verify that it IS a bedbug by checking around the seams of your mattress for more. If you find black specks or more bugs, you'll know. Check your uncle's bed too. Under the little roll of fabric on the seams, especially on the sides facing the walls. Check behind the little corner guards if you can. Check any tiny gaps on your computer desk or office chair. Slide a credit card into seams and see if it comes out with blood on it. Find out where they are and wash all soft objects. Check all furniture you sit in for a prolonged time - they could be in the living room too. It's incredibly important to know the scale of the problem so you don't waste your time. Check all seams everywhere. If you find even one big cluster of shit specs, you're probably already fucked. That's a fuck den. Immediately douse the fuck den with the 99% alcohol and get ready to squish anything that runs out and doesn't immediately die. Start looking for secondary evidence around any baseboards and such. Tiny black specs is what you're looking for. If you're not sure its bedbug shit, just take a little alcohol on a rag and smear it. It'll look red.

Obviously, if your problem is truly localized to a dresser or a suitcase or something, then you won't have to go through all that much effort. Just get a can of cheap bed-bug specific killer from the hardware store and spray around the area and wash everything around it. But you really have to look hard to know if you have a problem. If you see lots of black specs on your sheets, you're probably fucked.
>>
>>16739498

This is a SCORCHED EARTH approach. If you want to get rid of them fast and forever you really have to go all fucking out. You can be lazy and maybe do it in a year, but you risk spreading them to friends and family and workplaces in the meantime. And that will piss them the fuck off. This is mostly written for people like me who have a severe allergy and want them gone as fuck immediately.

Bed Bug facts: once fully grown, they can go for about 8 months without feeding. The babies are almost invisibly clear before they have their first meal. They breed incredibly fucking fast so don't be lazy.

0. Locate two sets of plain white sheets and pillow cases and use these exclusively from now on so you can see any evidence of bedbugs.

1. Bag up all clothing immediately and clean out everything from under the bed as the other anon mentioned. Then, wash and dry your bedding. Drying on the highest setting is extremely important. Into clean bags they go. Tie them well. Don't go spreading shit around your house or you'll get them elsewhere. Store clothes you won't wear somewhere out of the way, and nowhere near your bed. Put your clean clothes in a tote for easy access. Don't put them in your dresser until you repeat step 6 at least twice.

2. Hop on Amazon or google for bed bug supply sites (they all have goofy names but at least two of them are fantastic, the biggest ones, you'll see them)
>>
>>16739502

3. Get an order of a suspended concentrate bedbug poison on order. Temprid SC, Phantom II, or Suspend CS are all good options but anything with a neo-niconoid is what you're looking for. DO NOT try to make do with the generic pyrethoids. Syntetic pyrethoids and neo-niconoids are the only way because they're so resistant to pyrethoids in general. I recommend Temprid because it has a fast kill time and a long residual effect. Phantom is okay because it has a long residual, a 99% kill rate, but a very slow kill time (ie, it takes longer for them to die after coming in contact with the poison, but they're guaranteed to die). Suspend is for people who live in NY or somewhere that doesn't allow the good poisons. The poisons come in tiny bottles because they're meant to be diluted, and are sort of expensive, but don't spend over $50. A tiny amount is all you need. Also (very important) order an aerosol can of Bedlam II or equivalent. If you have a huge bb problem you might need more. The aerosols are very expensive but go a long way.

4. Go to Walmart or Amazon and grab bed bug covers for your mattresses and box springs. Get the nice ones if you tend to sleep hot. Put them on immediately. Make sure nothing is touching your bed, and do the cup thing the other anon mentioned. Once you put these on, don't take them off until you've been bedbug free for at least a year. Go to the hardware store and get a little hand-pump pesticide sprayer, some gloves, a tiny bag of diotomaceous earth powder, a powder applicator bulb, and the caulk. It shouldn't cost more than $20 all said.

5. Have your bottle of rubbing alcohol in hand and hunt down all the fuck dens you can find while you're waiting for your poison to arrive.
>>
>>16739507

6. When your poison arrives, treat the baseboards around your bed, any closet or door or window frames near the bed, take your mattresses off the frame and douse that fucker down (wait for it to try before putting your mattresses back) and then spray the mattress around the frame (the poison instructions do say this is okay) with the suspended concentrate. Do this to both beds just to prevent any reinfestations. Use the aerosol on every fucking crack (EVERY CRACK) at least a credit-card wide with the aerosol. Do this anywhere you sit for prolonged periods, (!!!!!!) anywhere you store dirty clothing or bedding (!!!!!!) and all items near those spots. Declutter and throw shit away as you go, but again don't drag things around your house. Also nail every area that you find even the tiniest evidence of bed bug shit spots. The poison will last four months so man up and be thorough.

!!!!! You don't spray the areas of furniture that the skin comes in direct contact with. But everywhere near those zones you'll want to tag pretty good.

7. Continue looking for more signs of bedbugs and kill on sight, then try to determine its hidey-hole and douse it with rubbing alochol or a cheap can of bed-bug-specific raid or something. Continue doing this until your problem is over. Always, always keep looking for little shit specs. Wash or change your bedding every 3 days or so and at least once a week. At least dry them on high heat for 30 minutes if you're lazy.
>>
>>16739512

8. Repeat the poison procedure in 4 months. If you think the problem is serious and you're still finding tiny blood specs on your pillow or whatever, you can do the poison every two weeks or as the label allows. Always read the labels thoroughly btw. It's pro-grade shit.

I had a VERY serious infestation and managed to knock down the population after two rounds of poison, aka Step 6. I did those rounds exactly 2 weeks apart. So, two full days of work. Not bad. The laundry was the worst part really but that's because I had to treat 4 bedrooms. Then, I waited a month and did rounds 3 and 4 within two weeks of eachother. The 3rd and 4th rounds of poison were much more laid-back. I used the suspended concrate and pump for all of my desk stuff and all the furniture after the first round, but very carefully. Problem eradicated after that.
>>
Sorry for all the misspellings. It's pyrethroids.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.