[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong for a 34 year old to go out with a 17 year old?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4
File: 1391093982921.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1391093982921.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Is it wrong for a 34 year old to go out with a 17 year old?
>>
Not if the 34yr old makes more than 200k per yr
>>
>>16736821
yes it is wrong, she could be your daughter for god sake, and what does a 17 y/o have to contribute to your life? nothing, if i were you i would seek help and don't try to date people less that 5 years younger than yourself.
for god sake use your brain.
>>
You're a sick pedophile if you go for a girl 17 years, and 51 weeks old, and you should be in jail.
However if you go for a woman on her 18th birthday, you're upstanding healthy citizen.
>>
>>16736842
>what does a 17 y/o have to contribute to your life?
Sex with a 17 year old.
>>
>>16736847
yeah stop yourself.
you can fuck a 20 y/o you will not fell any different.
please use your brain for god sake
>>
>>16736845
he isn't pedophile, they are only interested in children pre-teen. but as a 34 year old you shouldn't be interested in people under the age of 25, there is such a big different, not only where they are in life but also where they are socially and mentally
>>
>>16736847
I thought this thread was too gross to reply to, but now I am compelled to tell you that, while you're disgusting, you have made a very good point.
>>
>>16736859
it's not normal to date a 18 year old when you are 34, and no one would accept it or say it was normal. i have a friend she is 29 and her bf is 45, he is lovely but they are both aware that we all think their relationship should stop, he is to old for her and they don't want the same thing in life, they will never be able to want the same thing in life because of the age different
>>
My grandmother was married at 17 to my 34 year old grandfather. They had a terrible relationship, blew all of their inherited funds and divorced after a decade or so. He died alone.

This was also in the 1940s. If you ever want to be respected by anyone other than her it won't happen if anyone knows you were with a 17 year old at your age.
>>
>>16736858

As long as she's legal it doesn't matter.
An 18 year old girl is perfect even if you're 45. It's like like you'll care for her personality anyway. A bitch is a bitch, and anyone who believes other wise is a cuck.
>>
>>16736878
wtf. yes it does?
you can't have a relationship if it isn't equal, it'll be abuse in one way or another, because the oldest will be an authority figure but also because you are two different places in life, in one way or another the youngest will be trapped because either they are depending on the oldest or the oldest is molding the youngest
you can't say it doesn't matter it does.
>>
>>16736842
What do women in general offer me besides their bodies? I'm independent, make good money, I have my own social circle that I'm happy with, I don't believe in love or marriage. What value does a woman bring to the relationship? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Just sex, plain and simple sex.

So now that we've established that, what real difference is there between a 17 year old and a 25 year old? The 17 year old is smoother, more energetic, hotter, probably freakier.
>>
>>16736870
>no one would accept it or say it was normal
oh don't get me wrong. I'm 4.5 years older than my girlfriend. We've been together for 6 years and I still feel like shit about it. You can imagine how hard I would judge an 34 year old dating a legal child.
>>
>>16736899
>legal child
They're adults if they're legal.
>>
>>16736895
the real different between a 17 year old and a 25 year old is they are two very very very different places in life, they 17 y/o is still figuring out who she is, what she want in life and how to forfil her wishes, she most likely still live at home and still live under the rules of her parents, which makes her more vournable to Authority, and for fuck sake her brain isn't even fully developed
while a 25 y/o have a better idea of what she want, how to get, and most likely she lives alone and can actually take rational decisions
>>
>>16736904
>>legal child
>They're adults if they're legal.
they're not adults if they can't vote
>>
It's not wrong, in fact I would argue that it's a more honest relationship. She probably wants an older guy that can take her places, provide some decent sex and spend some money on her. You want a young pretty girl hanging off your arm that you can have amazing sex with when you get back home.

Nothing wrong with that. Most girls want the same thing but they're secretive about it and pretend like they want companionship.
>>
Half your age, plus seven, is the minimum age you should be dating without it being too weird. Not sure why anyone would want to deal with a teenager, anyway. They're the worst. You could get someone in her early twenties with a good body.
>>
File: 1453860941045.jpg (210 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1453860941045.jpg
210 KB, 1024x683
>>16736821
If it's legal...go for it m8
>>16736842
>what does it offer?
Good sex, no drawbacks like marriage just a fun time.
>>16736845
This guy gets it
>>16736847
This guy also gets it
>>
>>16736821
Yes it's wrong. 17 may appear to be mature, and if you ask them they claim to be fully capable of deciding for themselves (which is an illusion, they're just the most mature they've ever been which dupes them into thinking they're just as mature as adults) and so forth, but in reality the vast difference in life experience, emotional maturity etc mean the relationship can never be on equal ground. 17 is simply too young, too emotional, too eager for acceptance, too inexperienced. It's fine for 2 17-year-olds to figure stuff out about life together since they're more equal.

However, a decade later a 27 year old and a 44 year old wouldn't be as bad, since a 27 year old is mature enough, has enough life experience to know how things should go and who they are and so forth.

34/17 is inevitably the older person taking advantage of the younger and manipulating them. It's fucked up.
>>
>>16736913
>this fucking post

I wish dumbass normie women would fucking leave
>>
>>16736895
I think post displays perfectly the cold and abusive attitude of men who think it's fine for much older men to go after teenagers; they don't care about how it affects the girl or her mental health at all, they see the girl as an object, a fucktoy, and only care about their own dick. You can understand how much damage this might do for a young, naive, romantic girl, whose personality, understanding of romance and relationships and emotional self is still developing, who probably believes the man is interested in her because she's "surprisingly intelligent and interesting for her age" or otherwise doesn't get it's really only about her body.

It can be very damaging, and usually there is this kind of duping going on, the man with their superior life experience manipulating the naive one into doing what they want while lying about giving them what they hope to get. It's harmful and imbalanced.
>>
>>16736894

I mean to you, the 35 year old man, it doesn't matter. Sure it will be abusive, but again, a bitch is a bitch. Don't care about what she thinks, and life will be easier by far.
>>
>>16736957
>anything I don't like is abusive
>>
do it man. everyone saying no is a thirsty old lady.
>>
>>16736978
Treating someone like an object and not giving a fuck about the effects your actions have on them as long as you get what you want is pretty abusive dude
>>
>>16736894
What the fuck? If it's two consenting adults, I don't see why it's your goddamn business to make sure "abuse" doesn't happen because one is older. Get off your fucking high horse, shithead.
>>
>>16736998
So just because someone is older automatically means they want more control and power over the relationship? Kek, give me a fucking break. Come back when you have a brain.
>>
>>16737072
>If it's two consenting adults
OP specified a child tho
>>
What are your opinions about 28 y/o M + 16 y/o F?
These were our ages when we first started to date. I'm 18 now and he is turning 30 in March.
>>
>>16737075
17 is a legal adult in many places, including the US.
>>
>>16737075
17 is not a child anywhere.
>>
>>16737077
>>16737080
that's wrong though. 17 year olds are legally children in all 50 states.
>>
>>16737076
I'm sorry that happened to you.
>>
>>16737095
The age of consent is as low as 16 in the US.
>>
>>16737098
that they can consent to sex does not make them adults.
>>
I tell you what I love about 23 year olds?
There's 20 of them.
>>
>>16737100
Sure it does. They're physically adults, they have the mental capacity to make harsh decisions, they don't have the life experience but that doesn't make them not adults. That just makes them inexperienced. You can sign up for the army and fucking die 1 year after turning 17. They're fucking adults.

>inb4 retarded voting again
Most things in the US make no sense, they just put arbitrary lines to have a standard. You can die in the army before you can legally take an alcoholic drink in the US.
>>
>>16737108
>1 year after turning 17.
do you know why they have to wait that year? BECAUSE UNTIL THEN THEY'RE GODDAMNED CHILDREN.
> they just put arbitrary lines to have a standard.
and do you know where that line is? 18. it's 18. until you turn 18 you're a child.
>>
>>16737122
Because of arbitrary standards, not because they're not adults. It has always been understood that the moment you can legally have sex with anyone is the moment you're legally an adult, period.
>>
>>16737125
The moment you reach the age of majority (18 most places) is the moment you're legally an adult, period. no sooner and no later.
>>
>>16737144
Except that's wrong. Sex is the standard because having sex is the most important personal decision you make in your life. It's when you're saying to the world that I accept the chance of getting pregnant and raising a child. There is nothing more important beyond that.
>>
>>16737148
I agree. Besides, psychologically there's no difference between a 17 year old and an 18 year old. The only difference is that the 18 year old can vote; that's it.
>>
>>16737144
In most places because you reach 18 you can:

1. Get a job.
2. Get married.
3. Legally become independent of your parents.
4. Have sex.
5. Become a parent.
6. Drop out of school.

And this isn't an "adult"? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>16737158
Don't forget be charged as an adult for crimes.

We can't have sex with them but we can sure send them to jail for life.
>>
>>16737108

>They're physically adults.

So are some 11-16 year olds, a female that started having her period is physically adult/ technically able to reproduce. That doesn't mean it's okay. Im my definition teenagers are still children, even if the legal term for it is 18 years old. Legal practice has a purpose, the line has to be drawn somewhere. Dating anyone under 20 is pretty nasty.

She is probably still in high school for fucks sake.

Please date somone that is in the same place in life as you, not some young girl that is still learning how the adult world works.
>>
17 is young from whatever angle you care to view it from. I dated a girl of 17 when I was about 22, even back then the difference in maturity was obvious. The people that hawk "girls mature faster than boys" are full of shit, they don't at all, in fact it's the opposite.

With that being said, so long as you are open and honest to her I doubt very much you will cause her any harm emotionally. She knows exactly the implications of "dating" someone more than twice her age. I would hazard a guess she is looking for someone to pamper her.

Do not expect this to last, do expect however to have your name dragged through the mud. As I said before, she is young and naive, be open and honest with her. Consider all this then make your decision.
>>
File: vbvh.gif (457 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
vbvh.gif
457 KB, 500x500
X/2+7
>>
>>16737184
>my definition teenagers are still children
Well you're scientifically and factually wrong.

>Legal practice
And the law in most places isn't even 18.
>>
Even if she were 19 it would be weird. Don't do it, you don't want a reputation for this kind of stuff.
>>
>>16737219
>"girls mature faster than boys" are full of shit
Actually no, girls hit puberty earlier than boys and in turn mentally develop earlier. Then they slow down and boys catch up and cross over but in no way is that untrue.
>>
>>16737122
>BECAUSE UNTIL THEN THEY'RE GODDAMNED CHILDREN

Tell that to the folks of the olden days.

Back then people had kids when they were in their 15's, and died in their 40's because of sharp and blunt metallic objects and horses and accidents and shit.

Yes, it looks more normal for two 17 year olds to fuck each other of course, and it also looks normal when a 17 year old dude is fucking a hot MILF, but when some 50 year old is dating a 17 year old girl, everybody goes batshit crazy and screams rape because they're jelly.
>>
>>16737290
>it also looks normal when a 17 year old dude is fucking a hot MILF
the fuck are you talking about? that's super gross
>>
>>16737263
I said my personal definition of it, I view 0-20 as children/minors. Just because somone is allowed to take part in adult society doesnt mean they are adults yet. Legally yes, but that's different.
>>
> when a 17 year old dude is fucking a hot MILF

Eww no that's way not normal.
>>
>>16737300
>>16737320
>that's super gross

I'd be 200% jelly as a mother fucker that's for damn sure.

By MILF I mean 25+ year old women who are mothers.
>>
Who cares? If it's legal then go for it. Fuck what any jealous cunt or white knight says.
>>
>>16737330

So he should just not care about his reputation?
>>
>>16737351
I know a 37 year old doctor dating a 18 year old girl and everyone knows about it.

Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>16737351
>reputation

If you're a celeb.
>>
Yes, but if she is over the age of consent do it.
>>
>>16736847
This nigga right here
>>
>>16736821
When she reaches her 20's she'll find out she can do better and that means a FUCKTON of emotional problems for her and, obviously, you.
>>
No. There's nothing wrong with it. It's weird, but that's about the edge of my opinion on the matter.

People mature differently. Just because one group of people matured in such a way that rendered them completely fucking stupid and vapid at 17 doesn't mean that every 17 year-old girl is also stupid and vapid. You dating a 17 year-old who is actually acquainted with the world is less alarming to me than, say, a 40 year-old trying to date one of the 20 year-old farm girls at my church (and I know this because I've actually experienced it first hand and was like "bleh, keep that lecher away from my adopted little sisters!").

Keep in mind that some people won't view this the same way that I do, but also keep in mind that one of the wonderful things about being a grown-ass man is being able to tell people to go fuck themselves. You and you alone are responsible for what you do and bearing the consequences for what you do.
>>
>>16737351
>reputation
I'm assuming he's American, in which case, yes, that is an entirely reasonable course of action.
Look, there's one of these things you're going to learn in life, and it's that no matter WHAT you do, SOME person is going to take issue with it. Living your life in a way that satisfies as many people as possible is a lot less rewarding than just growing a fucking spine and saying "I don't exist for your convenience. Fuck off."
This is why I kinda hate politicians and most of the people who play at things like CEO or celebrity. If you don't have the kind of backbone that comes from just being your own goddamn person, what business do you have leading a nation of people who do?
>>
>>16736918
Oh, that's the definition of adulthood?
>>
>>16737158
>>16737173
Pretty much. Anyone who thinks adulthood is at 18 is being disingenuous and purposely ignoring the world around them.
>>
File: 1437516485507.jpg (281 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437516485507.jpg
281 KB, 1280x720
>>16736821
Weird? Yes. Wrong? not really. If you both consent then it's not wrong. It doesn't usually happen because the difference in life experience is usually so vast that 35 year old people have nothing to talk about with 17 year olds. But if it makes you both happy then whatever.
>>
>>16737620

It's reasonable that people might not accept that "old" men have sex/relationship with legal teenagers. What if it was your daughter/son having that kind of relationship? If I had a 17-year-old daughter I would wouldn't want her to date "old" men. What parrents would be okay with it?

>This is why I kinda hate politicians and most of the people who play at things like CEO or celebrity. If you don't have the kind of backbone that comes from just being your own goddamn person, what business do you have leading a nation of people who do?

Agreed, that's pretty hypocritical of them.
>>
>>16737651
>What if it was your daughter/son having that kind of relationship?
People always try to use this argument but it's a flawed argument. Of course you'll have bias towards your children, parents are inherently illogical and emotional over their children. Whenever someone says that it's pretty much saying "Ignore logic and use your irrational emotions instead."

Put it simply. Anyone should be able to date whoever they want if its legal age but yes, I'd have a problem if it was my daughter but I have extreme bias in that scenario so my opinion is inherently devalued.
>>
>>16737503
Why would that create more problems than losing interest in a relationship with someone your own age?
>>
>>16736821
Is there a reason you can't get women your own age, OP?
>>
>>16736821

Wrong how?

If it's against the law where you live, don't do it.

I'd also argue it's pretty poor form for a 34 year old to go trolling for high school junior ass.

But, if it's legal and it comes up naturally, I say go for it. You're going to be very different people probably, but the hell with it, just roll with it.

Some people may comment on it and have bad opinions about it. I won't say to ignore those entirely, just weight them against the positives. I'd keep the relationship relatively hush hush until you know it's at least semi-serious.
>>
It's crazy how much hate the idea brings.

Do you think it's better that this 17 year old girl hangs out with stupid kids her age, drinks too much and has unprotected sex ?

Why would a guy her age be better ? Why would an older be bad ? There's not a single argument in this thread.

Of course you'll get weird looks and she'll have pleb taste in almost everything but whatever.

I also think a 16 years old boy would be better with a 25+ gf.

I rarely browse this board but I didn't know it was full of white knights holy shit.
>>
>>16737928
This, give me a single good reason and I'll dump my 16yo gf.
>>
>>16737651
>What parrents would be okay with it?
Parents who are confident that they raised functioning fucking adults, and who realize that their role in actually shaping the kind of person that their child is ends with high school.
A lot of people get this wrong. Your relationship with your kid when they're 7 isn't the same as your relationship with your kid when they're 17. You should be thankful that the worst trait you passed onto her, intentionally or otherwise, is "has a thing for older and richer men." You don't have to approve of it, or even act like you approve of it, but at that age, if her decision is between the boy and staying at home, literally everything about her fucking biology says "pick the fucking boy."
>>
weird thing is, just reading that made me go 'whoah, shit cmon now"

but then I remember that jeffrey donovan fucked (later married) a 17-year old when he was 41 and not to be THAT girl, but i'd carry his offspring in a heartbeat at that age so the answer is

no it's not wrong if you're jeffrey donovan
>>
>>16737975

R. Kelly married a 15 year old girl. Meh.

>>16737958

Yea you are right. Hm this somewhat reminds me of that show Pretty Little Liars.
>>
>>16738110
R Kelly ain't no Jeffrey Donovan.
>>
>>16736821
Eww. Yes.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.