[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Might be losing my job because I made death threats at work. what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: impissed.jpg (72 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
impissed.jpg
72 KB, 500x342
Might be losing my job because I made death threats at work. what do?
>>
Tell them you take it back
>>
>>16736083
Accept your punishment and do not repeat your mistakes.

>>
>>16736083
See a shrink. You're the reason society is a mess.
>>
What happened?
Also were?
>>
>>16736110
Oh really? do explain.
>>
>>16736122
I basically told my co-worker the homicide is the only answer since I can't kill myself in this society.
>>
>>16736129
Death threats aren't conducive to a productive society.

>>16736148
Please, just kill yourself.
>>
>>16736083
Don't ask for a reference.
>>
>>16736152
thanks for the positive advice. This likely to help the problem, not aggravate it.
>>
Bumping for real advice
>>
Go through with it, then it's not just a threat anymore.
>>
>>16736083
Literally retarded, hope u lose your job.
>>
if you havent already, swallow your pride and go appologise to all parties involved.

admit you fucked up. get you CV ready just in case they fire you anyway. no threatening other staff in your new job....
>>
You should seek psychological couseling.
>>
"Do you really want to piss off someone making death threats?"
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 443x332
>>
1. Quit (looks better than being fired, makes step 2 easier)
2. Start looking for a new job.
3. Watch your mouth at work, autist.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 352x450
>>16736152
>death threats are what seperates you from enlightened people like me
>says "kill yourself" in the next sentence
>>
>>16736083
commit it.
>>
>>16736152
>Please, just kill yourself.
Man, you added up this sentence to be funny or what?
>>
>>16736148

Take a lesson from this, man. If you say something out loud, you can expect that someone might just take it seriously. You can talk all the shit you want when you're drunk with your mates, but at work, watch your mouth and keep it clean. Know your audience, in other words.

Right now, the best thing you can do is call/email your supervisor, tell them that you made a joke in very poor taste, and it was taken out of context. Take responsibility, apologize for causing a disruption, and hope for the best. It's unlikely that they'll take you back, but if you apologize just right, they might be willing to give you a recommendation.

If you do nothing, you've got a massive burned bridge on your resume. This could, and probably would, fuck up all your future job interviews and attempts at employment.

>Oh, Anon worked at XX for X years? Let's give them a call and see what they have to say...
>Ring Ring!
>Oh, you're asking about Anon? We had to let him go because he threatened to shoot everyone in the office.
>Sounds like an A1 employee! I'll hire him right away!
>>
>>16736361
do this

>>16736390
and this

>>16736421
and maybe prepare for this

or failing that
>>16736332
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.