[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've watched a lot of "funny" how to pick up girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: Redhead.jpg (46 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
Redhead.jpg
46 KB, 466x700
I've watched a lot of "funny" how to pick up girl videos with obnoxious dudebros on Youtube.

I'm wondering if there are any melancholy or flat-out depressed dudes on /adv/ who are legit good with the ladies. If so, how do you do it?
>>
File: 0DjYDEB.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
0DjYDEB.gif
2 MB, 250x250
Most of those videos are fake as fuck. It's basically already known by now. Don't try to emulate what they do or make yourself feel bad because of them since it's not an actual interaction with another human being.
>>
>>16734967

I'm not "good" with the ladies but I've fucked like 4 in the past month or so. I guess they're attracted to the quiet types. But you kinda already have to be "cute" for that to work. And yeah, those videos are fake and use paid actors. It's pretty pathetic, they capitalise off other people's loneliness. I tried to emulate it once a few years ago and I shit you not, this is what happened.

>Be depressed
>watch a few pick up videos
>omg it's so easy! xD!
>Go to the city
>two girls sitting down
>fuck it, just do it
>sit next to them "hey my name's anon, i think you're really pretty"
>legit 2 minutes of silence, have no fucking clue what to say
>finally one of them says ".... Weeeelllll anon, we'll save you your trouble because we both have boyfriends"
>Walk away to hear them laughing loud
>crushed inside

Yeah OP, don't be like me. That was a few years ago and now it's just a funny story I tell to people.
>>
>>16735010
It's admirable that you tried. I can improvise a little more than what you described to try & jump-start things but there's not really much connection because I'm kind of serious & morbid while women are so ebulient.

Now if all the lonely anons could be their genuine depressed, misanthropic selves & get reward for it? Wouldn't that be something? There has to be one who can teach us the way of GENUINE game over "be like Chad bros".
>>
>>16734967
It's not even the tits that get me; it's the god damn braces
>>
Rejection is scary man I'm not going to lie but if it's a qt that doesn't know you, then what are you losing? Be confident and just wing it, try to be as relaxed and charming as possible. "Hi, my name is Anon. I happen to have noticed you sitting there by yourself, I think you're a very beautiful girl. Would you mind having lunch with me and we can get to know each other?".

If she says no, at least you know the outcome and if she says yes then sweet you got yourself a date! I met my current gf of 6 months like this and she said that what made her say yes was that not many guys will confront a girl like that and it's a pretty brave thing to do.

I hate being put in hard situations like that but hey man, you never know what will happen. Life is too short so why not do something brave once in a while?

Hope this helps my fellow anon, good luck to you.
>>
tall, muscular, attractive face, and work out.

i usually look sad or mean all the time but women talk to me in class and i know how to hold a conversation. read the sirc guide to flirting and that helped me a lot with interacting with women.

if ive had a girl in my class for more than one semester then shell know that im smart and serious about my education because i get the highest test scores, but thats because im an introvert no life that has all day to do HW and read the text books
>>
>>16735154
same anon here

>>16735146
replying to this post
This is not how i would handle it. i would say high to qt if i see in a common area and situation, like say we are sitting next to each other or both waiting outside for class. id comment on the situation and introduce myself get her talking a little bit but thats it. then i would continue to say hi when i see her and little chit chat here and there to build rapport. if i notice her getting more comfortable and opening up then i would causally invite her to lunch after class one day. id find out if she has any classes after or obligations through chit chat and casually mention that im hungry and say im going to grab lunch after class if shed like to join.

but then again i'm a giant pussy who cant cold approach. maybe try both method on different girls
>>
>>16734967
It's not going to work very well unless you are already very good looking.

I was literally just having this conversation with my good friend, and explained that while I don't think it's impossible for shorter, uglier men to get laid, they do have to work at it and do something about it. They cannot rely on their looks to land most women; yes I've had women who think I'm cute or handsome but most of them still only saw me as friends or something, or I just blew my chances. I've never had the luxury of a girl desiring me sexually based on looks alone and I don't think it's because "looks don't matter" or "women are less shallow/care less about looks than men".

You don't have to completely change, but you do have to do something about it. Working out, dressing better, being more social/confident, among other things can help you (unless you're already good looking enough). Even if you are, I'd recommend 'fixing' whatever puts off women. If you truly are depressed, it's worth your time to get out of it, because that shit ruins your life. I'd know.
>>
>>16735146
I'm with you there. You can't be a coward. You have to put yourself out there. But truth be told it's been a couple years for me & they just don't return my texts or we talk for a while & they just flake out of existence. Very disheartening when you're working out, making money, not particularly ugly & get disposed of that consistently for years.
>>
>>16735167
School is such a great place to consistently meet women. I like your strategy anon. Wish I was still in school!
>>
>>16735169
I've spent thousands on my wardrobe, lost 30 pounds of fat, started my dream job... There comes a point when it feels like you're bending over backwards to please them & if you went any further you'd lose self-respect & what makes you you.
>>
>>16735167
Yup, you pretty much nailed it. I'm just extremely incompetent when it comes to typing out my thoughts. The main point is, build up a conversation and things should go smoothly. Don't worry, I'm also a giant pussy but I've learned from experience that if you don't put yourself out there then nothing will happen.
>>
>>16735180
Idk man, women are so complicated sometimes. You just have to find the right one, the one worth your time.
>>
I do pretty well.

I mean I'm not depressed or sad when I'm on a date, so you have to have to be functionally depressed at some level. Aside from that, things are pretty much as you'd expect. Be attractive, don't be unattractive.
>>
>>16734967
Women don't want depressed dudes. Maybe you should worry about your own problems first.
>>
>>16735193
Anon you're doing it wrong, you need to please yourself before a woman because at the end of the day, women come and go, you don't. Eventually, there will be someone who really flicks that switch. You seem like a hard-working individual, the right girl will show up one day who appreciates the things that you do.
>>
>>16735193
Hmmm well I'll be honest I am in the same boat as you. I keep telling myself I need to just work out so I gain weight/muscle mass and girls would like me more. Truth is it may not even be that simple.

And it's not like I'm fucking ugly or anything either. I don't think of myself as startlingly unattractive, but somehow I'm 23 years old and still a virgin, and I have no indication that that'll change, much less that I'll find a girlfriend or anything like that. Every girl I meet friendzones me/sees me as a friend and I'm not going around being a puppy dog, a dormat, or an orbiter. Ah well...
>>
>>16735201
This. Go to the gym, get ripped, eat healthy, and find that dream job you've always wanted and do it for yourself and NOT for a woman. A girl will come around that will notice your success who will want to be with you.
>>
>>16735219
Don't quit, you're still young and you have time. Don't give up my fellow anon!
>>
>>16734967
I have been amazingly successful with women my whole life and I can honestly say I have no damn clue why.

I'm sure a few factors go into it but which is the deal maker? No idea. I have a really nice semi deep voice that everyone tells me is great to hear. I look somewhat like a younger DiCaprio but that's starting to change (I'm fine with that btw). I am supremely comfortable with who I am and my views, you won't catch me doing what the crowd does unless it already fit my perspective. I'm smart but not cocky about it. I have lived a really interesting life and know how to tell the stories. I am fine talking to janitors or CEOs, Honey Boo Boos or models. I know the right way to compliment a woman. I know how to choose a wine and how to control my drinking. I make sure I am clean and smell nice always. I never beg for attention.

Any of those is good to have. Any except maybe looks can be learned to some extent. Being able to talk like a human to a woman that most guys drool over will win her attention every time. She doesn't need to hear yet again how great you'd treat her, how hard you'd fuck her. You can call her beautiful but not just saying it, make it personalized.

The last woman I was with before my wife was a model actually and easily the most beautiful woman I met until my daughter was born. How did I tell her she was attractive? I asked her about a scar she had. Tiny thing right on her hairline. She told me then I said it was her best feature because it brought out her beauty the way good makeup can. It accentuated her entire face without distracting from it. And it was true. That little scar made her not just another pretty face, it was HER face.

But anyway it is all about comfort. You certainly can't win if you don't play. Be a little mysterious. Give them some tidbit to think about and ask you about later. I had a very unusual job I always mentioned and it always worked. Figure out what makes you interesting and use it.

/rambling
>>
>>16735201
It's endogenous. That means it's biological, treatment resistant.
>>
>>16735234
Rambling? I'd call this a masterpiece of a reply. Thank you for the advice. Your story reminds me of my first love who also has a tiny scar on her hairline. Lately she's been talking to an older guy and I've been trying to tell her how important she is to me but she doesn't want to end things with this fellow. It's understandable and it's no one's fault except mines for breaking her heart and then expecting her to forgive me but now, I've had a change of perspective and I only want the best for her and I just wish she would understand that. Ehh now I sound like I am rambling.
>>
I usually talk to them like another guy, works for some reason.
>>
>>16735223
What if you don't have a dream job or any ambition for that matter?
>>
>>16734967
>melancholy or flat out depressed and good with ladies
>My time to fucking shine

Follow these simple fucking rules and you will have copious amounts of sex in your life like me.

>Women are basically dudes with vaginas. They're diverse, so understand that no specific tactic will work on all of them, nor are you going to be able to sleep with any girl you want, because they have preferences too. Rule: Accept that there are open and closed doors, don't try to break down closed doors.
>The thing that I do that has gotten me all the women I've had, is showing that I'm attracted, but that I'm only interested in acting on it if they are too. Sex and dating are mutual agreements. Rule: Express your interest in a woman without an agenda. Let her make the next move, if she doesn't, move along.
>Last, and probably most important, take care of yourself. Women and sex are greaf, but they should not be your goal in life, they should add onto your life. If yoy work on yourself physically and mentally, and move towards your goals, you will be more attractive, confident, and interesting. Rule: Be yourself first, be a ladykiller second.
>>
>>16735744
Why did I greentext like that, fuck
>>
Mate a lot of men are flat out depressed

We just hide it and show our 'on' face, or play with out depression as biting sarcasm or dark humor

In any case, if youre decent looking and have social awareness youre set. Depression or not. If you're looking to get a nut but youre depressed it likely wont factor in at all
>>
>>16734967
You can fail hundreds of times.
You only need to succeed once, and everything becomes worth it. It sounds really autistic, but relationships/banging is a game of statistics. If you keep playing, it will happen.

Just be careful about false positives. Things might look great, but even the hardiest crops need a green thumb.
>>
Those videos are not based on successful methods of picking up women, they are based on attracting men to the service just long enough to spend money

But I'll tell you this out of pure experience OP. It is possible to have sex with attractive women while you yourself are badly dressed, have bad breath, messy hair, no money, no car, and no where to go. Its called *being funny.* Thats literally all there is to it

You want confidence? Confident people laugh and make jokes
You want sensitivity? Humor requires sensitivity to social environments

You want to prove you are not an asshole?

Being funny requires you to be able to make fun of yourself, and have the introspection to not be a dick

Your breath is bad? Joke about it

You have no where to go? Who cares, you are plenty entertaining right where you are

Now, you want to know how to be funny? First, you have to accept the fact that you are going to die
>>
>>16734967
Simple pick up is great and I actually got a gf from watchIng their stuff.
After we broke up I became cowardly to approach again though. If I can gt talking Im decent
>>
>>16735041
>ebulient

Dear diary,
Today anon taught me a really pretty new word.
>>
>>16735010
>i think you're really pretty
>>16735146
>I think you're a very beautiful girl.

Just FYI, don't go up to random girls and make her appearence the only observation you make. There's nothing to connect with there, it makes you sound like you might as well be running around collecting pokemon. You're basically just saying "yeah, you'll do."
>>
>>16735965
>Hi, I think you're cute/adorable/pretty/gorgeous. Im anon, what's your name?

It's direct and ballsy and theres nothing wrong with it
>>
>>16736029
Have fun getting shot down on the grounds of "objectification".
>>
>>16736044
I only say that because Ive gotten that response before and its got me into a great relationship before. It not 100% though, of course you'll get a fuck off every now and then. You dont have to believe me but go cookie cutter it on 100 girls tomorrow, you would be surprised.
>>
>>16736109
There won't be 100 girls I'm interested in tomorrow, or in the next month. Living with standards is rough.
>>
>>16734967
Here you go
>Be good looking
>Be loaded
>lower your standards to ugly women
Pick one
>>
I'm depressed as fuck, have a piece of shit car, a skelly body, and no job.

I fuck mediocre 6-7/10s occasionally.

You have to be incredibly persistent, smooth, and slightly over confident. Yes the stupid cocky shit works.

I am not confident about myself at all because I hate myself. but I'm confident that I can get in her pants...and that's where my whole attitude comes from. It's really a numbers game when it comes to women 90% women won't lik you. Most women are huge time wasting whores who will try to suck the life out of you.

Those videos are either fake or they're just getting numbers. Numbers don't mean shit anon. I have 200+ numbers in my phone and I'm a loser.
>>
>>16735010
It was your first time, dipshit. Of course you failed. Embrace that and laugh at it. >>16734967
Honestly SimplePickup was cool a few years ago. They did become obnoxious dudebros tho. Maybe because that shit is cool when you're in your lower 20s but not so much when you approach 30.

I watched a lot of their vids and even subscribed to their forum. While I never did "pickup" I internalized a lot of what they said. That internalization + lifting upped my confidence and I had lots of suitors. Of course I immediately dived into a LTR. should've sewed wild oats first.

I don't have the confidence now that I had then talking to people and I stopped lifting. Try to actually enjoy the time once you've built yourself up for a bit
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.