[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
winning arguments/debates/talks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image-72294.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image-72294.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
Just curious. Has someone ever won an argument/debate/talk/etc. here?

pic not related
>>
yes, why?
>>
It's the Special Olympics. It doesn't matter who wins because everyone is retarded.
>>
>>16733947
I never lose. Once you opponent starts slinging insults at you its your victory.
>>
>>16733947

depends on your definition of win. as in, change their mind? yes, but its rare. even if a person knows they are wrong, they will try to do damage control, cuz they cant admit they are wrong.

its like when someone honestly begins to believe they didn't murder someone, depsite the fact that they did. you tel lthe lie so much you convince yourself to believe it.
>>
>>16734003
that's stupid and you're dumb.
>>
>>16734014
:) another one for me
>>
>>16734015
>being this moronic

congrats on another victory lel
>>
>>16734019
I really do appreciate it
>>
>>16734023
how does it feel to be so stupid you think winning an argument is equivalent to provoking someone to insulting you?

and you're welcome
>>
>>16734036
Winning is always fun. What the loser thinks isnt important.
>>
>>16734036

are you serious? its hilarious knowing that you can keep calm, simply state facts, and the other person cant figure what to say other than what a third grader says when someone likes a different pokemon than him.
>>
>>16734045
>he thinks someone shouting an insult like "you're ugly" at them means they've won the argument and are actually beautiful

nah, what you are doing is just self-delusion and avoidance of objective reality, loser.

>>16734050
sure, that's fun - but that's not the same as winning an argument. Resorting to insults can sometimes be a flailing defense mechanism in an argument, but it's not necessarily so... you moron.
>>
>>16734077
Its like people who lose think they have a voice lol
>>
Honestly, yes. Not just on here but on other sites as well, I have actually had people tell me, "Damn, that's a good point. Huh." More often the other person refuses to back down but it's clear who the "winner" is because one person keeps getting quoted with replies like "This." and the other guy slinks away from the discussion without saying another word.

Once I actually had somebody track me down literally years after the fact to tell me that some post I made on some social issue really made an impression on her (she was trans way back before the age of Tumblr social justice blogs etc.) That was a good feeling.

Then there's been plenty of times when I've clearly lost an argument on here. A couple times I've been man enough to say "Damn, that's a good point. Huh." A few times I've just been too stubborn to admit defeat, and, yeah, sometimes I just click the little red X and pretend the thread never happened. But being a child about it doesn't change the fact that I clearly lost. I know it and so does everybody else.

So yeah. It can and does happen.
>>
>>16733947
Didnt you win the arguement that OP is always a faggot? I mean the proof is right here christ
>>
>>16734085
>he thinks he's been actually winning any of his arguments instead of the opponent simply getting frustrated at his retardation, miscommunication and calling him stupid

this is probably the #1 result that happens online, you big baka. It's not the same as "winning" the argument in a normal definition of the concept.

I'm just concerned for you that you're not understanding why people insult you constantly in your arguments.
>>
>>16734096
They insult because thats what losers do
>>
Yes because I'm often right. I lose a few and learn new things as well though.
>>
>>16734126
This whole thread is a mind-fuck. So some tranny sucked your dick because you are so good or something? The fuck? God you're a faggot
>>
I count winning when they start using ad hominems and excuses like "I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
File: 1448710414813.png (129 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1448710414813.png
129 KB, 308x308
>>16733994
>>16734003
>>16734011
>>16734088
>>16734126
>>
Arguments without merit have no such thing as a winner.
>>
>>16733947
Winning is when the opponent admits victory, in other words, takes your word for it or accepts your statement. If you're getting insulted in a debate it's probably because you said something retarded or trying to be a smartass.
>>
File: 1450308070826.gif (332 KB, 346x317) Image search: [Google]
1450308070826.gif
332 KB, 346x317
Going into an argument or debate with the goal of "winning" is what makes you lose in the first place.

The point of discourse is to share ideas, exposing yourself to new potential viewpoints while also providing the same to your counterpart(s). You can't win at arguing the same way you can't win at going to work or breathing air. It's just something that will inevitably happen in human communication; you should focus more on what is being offered rather than some other arbitrary measure of superiority.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.