[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but how does a 22 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1395352411250.jpg (213 KB, 746x718) Image search: [Google]
1395352411250.jpg
213 KB, 746x718
This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but how does a 22 year old meet people for friends/dating?

I go to university, but I simply don't like the people there. I also don't like bars/clubs, I just want to meet interesting people who share my mindset but it seems that everyone just wants to do drugs, fuck, and drink.
>>
wait until you're actually ready
>>
>>16731612
Join a club that's related to your interests, m8. And if that club doesn't exist, create it yourself: make flyers and shit.
>>
>>16731617
Explain what you mean by that.

>>16731618
I don't have many (any) interests, one of the reasons I want to meet people is because I want to expose myself to things I wouldn't try otherwise.

I should also add I have a bunch of internet friends, but I need to come to reality.
>>
>>16731634
>I don't have many (any) interests
All the more reason to join a random club or organization.
>>
Stop being picky.

Small talk to lots of strangers, then be picky.
>>
>>16731809
Where do I meet lots of strangers?

Preferably a place where they aren't all busy and stressed.

>>16731669
That helps. Thanks for the advice. I would appreciate more ideas.
>>
>>16731612
meetup.com is great
>>
>>16731612
meetup is a great website
>>
>>16731945
>>16731981
samefag
>>
>>16731945
>>16731981
Tried it. I felt that it was full of old people and night scene people.
>>
>>16732002
shit i'm sorry to hear. i have to drive an hour to get to any related interests but it's worth it. the only other thing i'm doing in a remotely similar situation is pof and okcupid. if you do try that, remember that there's a shit ton of people on there and that means two things: there are people you will connect with, but at the same time with so many people there's going to be a lot of non connections by its very nature
>>
>>16732002
I found that to be true as well.

tinder and okcupid work too, as long as you're clear about your intentions (then you secretly integrate into their friend groups)
>>
>>16732018
Not doing dating website.

From my experience it's full of hookups. Please inform me if I'm wrong.

Also I'm a guy.
>>
It sounds like you may need to work on finding out who you really are. I'd start there if I were you. Look at the different clubs/organizations that your university has on campus. If one even sounds remotely interesting, find out when it meets and go. If you like it cool, if not fuck it try a different one.

Focus on creating your own life and learn what you enjoy doing. As you try new things you'll experience different situations and people.

It sounds like you need to work on your social skills and emotional intelligence as well. Start conversations with random people, it will be awkward at first and uncomfortable. As you do it more it will become more natural and you'll become comfortable. This will also help you find other people that you "click with"

As far as dating:
Just do you and let life play out.
There are 3.52 BILLION females in the world. You'll run into the right one eventually
>>
>>16732028
This is a very good idea.

I'll fake an intention (sex or relationship), but actually just use it as a launching pad to integrate myself within their friend groups.

I am laughing so hard at this idea right now I might get the few depressed friends I have to try this with me. We'll even invite each other over.
>>
>>16732036
i'm definitely not ever making a tinder account, but regardless of the site some people are about hookups everywhere. in person, or online. it's not hard to tell by their profile though, and honestly i plan to keep my dick in my pants so if someone was an extremely pathetic try hard (as they would need to be to not notice) then i'm not fucking some slut in the first month or so of knowing them. really, i've seen some women who are clearly looking for people to get married/settle down with, and i usually search 20-30 age range. from my and most people's experiences, okcupid is a little less trashy than pof on average but of course average means nothing when you're trying to meet one or a few nice people. and don't use eharmony, as they try extremely hard to fuck you out of your money and resubscribe you, even if you only gave 24 hour advanced notice to cancel it when your end date comes (i read a review). but pof and okcupid are free so no worries about that
>>
>>16732046
I actually reached the same conclusion you described a while ago.

I found that the issue was that I couldn't "create my own life" because of time and pressure constraints. Those are off now, but the problem is I don't know where to begin (besides campus clubs). However, it's important to note that my campus is relatively small. I need options besides just clubs.

I also feel as if I have adequate social skills since I had plenty of acquaintances in the past before I was under stress, but improvements can always be made. I don't understand what you mean by "emotional intelligence" however.

Where can I go to start conversations with random people?
>>
>>16732078
Thanks, I'll try them.
>>
>>16732113
definitely go for it. you'll see there's a good amount of gems/people who seem like they would be great to get in a serious relationship with. just get some good photos of yourself (and more than 2). the more you're doing in them the better but i personally only have selfies which is doable. i put some pictures of my interests in too though (like a drawing of mine). also, don't say any generic shit on your profiles without elaborating. like: i occasionally like a good movie or show... after you say something like that follow up with: and some of my favorites are breaking bad and fight club. because any cliche term has been and will be read many times on online dating profiles and if you let yourself sound like jon doe, don't expect a reply. the reply rates do start out pretty low though, as it takes time to figure out how to express who you are in your bio without sounding a little forced
>>
>>16732108
The mall, a store, coffee place like starbucks. Shit anywhere outside of your house and comfort zone
>>
so everyone @ this university want's to have fun and you're being a boring pile of shit? kill yourself. best advice you're ever gonna get on this board
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.