[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helped best friend cheat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: 1293219732477.jpg (47 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
1293219732477.jpg
47 KB, 719x720
>be best friends with a girl
>jokingly troll her for years by asking her out of dates
>bf sees this and gets possessive
>starts trying to pester me and annoy me away
>I back off
>shes determined to hangout with me
>he tries to drive us apart
>succeeds but we make up literally the next day
>shes so heartbroken from losing me for a day she kisses me
>I dont see him as a person anymore after trying to end our friendship so I have no problem sleeping with her
>they break up a month later
How guilt should I feel. I feel nothing for him at all. I havent forgiven him either for what he did. I just feel bad because I enabled my best friend to betray someone even though I dont care about the person she betrayed.
>>
You were honest. He was a dick. Situation fine.

Be there for your friend if she feels bad. Otherwise party.
>>
>>16730307
Don't feel guilty. Based on what youve seen, possessive etc.. he was not a good person. Maybe you gave your friend the vision to see him for what he really is before they proceed further.
>>
>>16730322
Pretty sure this was his first gf. He wasnt a bad person. A bad bf sure. I feel like if he came to me instead of going behind my back and trying to end a friendship I had for years we could have found a middle ground and all been happy.
Its unlike me to not choose the best path for everyone but I literally feel nothing for him. Maybe hes the first person Ive truly hated before.
>>
>>16730307
You sound like her stuffed animal that she shows affection when she feels vulnerable. You shouldn't feel guilty because her boyfriend fucked up but I don't see this ending well for you. She'll drop you hen she finds a guy who isn't a fuck up and doesn't need you to make her feel special. I was in this exact same situation when I was 14 ffs op. Go find a girlfriend and stop the female friend bullshit. every girl I know has a guy like you op, it's sad but it's the truth.
>>
Am I the only one who finds this part worrisome?

>jokingly troll her for years by asking her out of dates

I bet if we hear the otherside of the story it might be something like.

>have a gf
>gf has a close male friend that keeps on asking her on a date
>get fed up with it
>try to get rid of him
>gf freaks out and leaves me

Also, how long were they together? Since you've been ''trolling'' her for years.
>>
>>16730352
I dont like her. Which is why I can troll her by asking to go on dates. Or atleast I didnt. Not sure how I feel anymore. Emotions are also a mess from losing her. There was a brief period of time when she liked me though. I dont know how this could end poorly. Do you see our friendship dissolving?
>>
>>16730363
The entire story takes place over 6 months.
He probably started trying to drive us apart a month or 2 after they started dating. Which I had known her for 2 years already by then.
>>
>>16730363
Also thats a good lesson. Dont try to get rid of you gf's best friend.
>>
>>16730371

Well the advise that you sought was ''should I feel guilty?''
And 1 reason I can think of is that you have ruined a relationship of your best friend over a stupid joke.

2nd is she may have done it for you, even tho you don't like her and now she might feel rejected and may end up losing both her bf and best friend.
>>
>>16730389
I dont feel guilty for the joke at all. Great times.
I doubt she did it for me. But even if she did, if it was me or him she chose me. We had a long discussion about the bf vs me. I told her I stopped hanging around her because I couldnt stand him and she said if she had to choose because her best friend whos always there for her and the guy just started dating it wasnt a hard choice.
>>
One thing bothering me is if I should tell our friends. They seem to think I fucked the bf over without knowing my side of the story.
>>
>>16730367
Yes, your in a classic situation with a princess. Do you even know if her boyfriend was really as bad as she claims? My ex would shit talk me to her best friend and it wasn't until me and him became bros that we realized how much she played us against each other so she could feel wanted.

You seem like an alright guy so I'd just tread carefully with this chick. She sounds so much like my ex that I was almost convinced it was her. I fucking hated her male best friend too becaus she would make it out like he was obsessed with her and shit. Come to find out she was telling him that I was abusive and she would tell me that he was in love with her and constantly making moves. It was all orchestrated drama by her. be careful, friendships like that are toxic shit.
>>
>>16730506
She didnt talk badly about him in critical ways. Little things like hes really sweaty and other trivial things.
Im talking about him literally trying to pester me until whenever he saw us together. Hed try to sit in my lap if he saw us sitting next to each other and other really petty things to try and annoy me.
We had a really small fight and he blew that up into saying that I was never her friend and that I was only using her. That she means nothing to me and that she should end it with me. Which she did even though we made up the next day and had sex.
>>
>>16730377
more like don't date girls with guy friends because they are nothing but a backup plan if her relationship fails.
>>
>>16730553
Same goes for guys with girl friends?
>>
>>16730553
Are you implying that in my situation Im a backup plan?
>>
>>16730542
I thought you just kissed. If you two fucked than im sorry but she's a slut and you probably ruined some guys life who doesn't even sound that bad to me.

You're starting to sound more like the shit person than her or her ex to be honest white boy.
>>
>>16730563
God yes. Only chick I've ever been best friends with was a girl I was fucking in love with. If your dude has a girl best friend than you aren't the girl he actually wants to be with.
>>
>>16730568
I don't even think you're that. Just an excuse to end her relationship with her ex. That's why I think she'll drop you when she meets a guy who isn't concerned with you at all.
>>
>>16730570
>you probably ruined some guys life who doesn't even sound that bad to me.
he isnt inherently a bad person. Just couldnt deal with me being her friends. But I feel nothing for him.
>she's a slut
I do feel bad for enabling her to cheat. But she was an emotional wreck after what he did. All I see is a friend who was really vulnerable from a possessive bf trying to ruin her life. Didnt make a good decision though thats for sure.
>white boy
Was this supposed to be an insult aimed at me?
>>
>>16730577
Were not in a romantic relationship. What do you mean by drop and why. Weve seen each other every day for over 2 years
>>
>>16730586
Yes it was an insult, are you autistic? I even called you a shit person right before it lmao.

You're just coming off as cringey to me now. I don't even believe your op anymore bro.
>>
>>16730591
Oh i didnt realize being white was an insult. Also didnt realize I was white. Thanks for informing me.
>>
File: backup_infographic_F.jpg (196 KB, 660x443) Image search: [Google]
backup_infographic_F.jpg
196 KB, 660x443
>>16730568
yes she didn't even have a problem sleeping with you.also girls always like to play it save and want that safely net of male friends or just to exploit them for resources.
>>
>>16730625
Might help if you had context. I do pretty much nothing for her.
>>
>>16730588
By drop I mean she will stop talking to you when she finds a guy who fulfills her. You just seem like a tissue she runs to when things get hard and that's what young women do. This girl sounds young to me and she has an entire lifetime to learn independence (she won't need emotional support from you) and a man who gives her what she needs. I 100% believe your just temporary in her life and you just don't want to accept that. 2 years isn't that long for a friendship, I've been best friends with my bro for over 20 years and I've dropped friends that I've known way longer than 2 years.

good luck bro, your her emotional tampon. Nothing more I can tell you.
>>
>>16730638
If you did nothing for her she wouldn't be your friend.

You've just convinced yourself you aren't an orbiter when really you're a text book orbiter.
>>
>>16730641
lol you seem bitter for some reason. If she suddenly dropped me itd be cool though. But shes not the type of person to do that.
>your her emotional tampon
kek. I give no one emotional support. Im the last person someone would try to use as an emotional tampon.
>>
>>16730649
>If you did nothing for her she wouldn't be your friend.
Only an orbiter could believe this lol. Try being an interesting person and people will want to be around you for that
>>
>>16730653
I'm just annoyed. You came to advice and then act like you know everything already. You say your not an emotional tampon yet you spend this whole thread making excuses and even take the blame for her making the choice to cheat. I have nothing against you personally, I've done fucked up shit too. I just find it annoying that you come to /adv/ and start a thread just to argue with people who are trying to help you.

Figure this shit out for yourself.
>>
>>16730563
well hope that girl is butt ugly with a boyfriend. I would not trust a guy with many girls as friends because it seems that he is trying to establish a harem.
>>
>>16730665
Go cry about it to your Female friends kek
>>
>>16730678
>argue with people who are trying to help you
calling me an emotional sponge and making conjectures about how shes going to leave me for her new bf.
I came to talk about how I dont feel bad for the guy and my lack of guilt.
>How guilt should I feel?
I cant feel for the guy so I was looking for outside opinions. Talking to friends about this would just sling his name through the mud. Also not sure if I should tell them what happened or let them keep their misunderstanding.
>>
>>16730685
Cry about what exactly? Do you think in this situation I have a reason to cry?
>>
>>16730307
You are a selfish dickhead.
>>
>>16730694
You shouldn't feel that guilty, like people said earlier you drama queen. She's the one that cheated. It doesn't matter what you did, she made the choice to betray someone who trusted her. We are just warning you about getting too attached to her because she could do the exact same to you and you seem to care about the friendship a lot.

This is high school shit op and I think you need to find a better female to have in your life. That's all anyone in this thread is saying you idiot. Believe it or not very few people on here are out to fuck you over and actually are trying to help you not make the same mistakes they did bro.

I wish you luck up.
>>
>>16730709
Can you elaborate. Random insults arent helpful and I cant take you serious like that.
But I assume you have a reason to say that so Ill hear you out.
>>
i wouldn't apologize for it, but i wouldn't invest any serious romantic feelings in your best friend either. if she was willing to dick over her bf, no telling what she'd do to you
>>
>>16730711
>She's the one that cheated
yeah this is the only part I feel bad about. Friends keep other friends on the right path and I enabled her to make a bad decision. Uncharacteristic of me. But thats mainly because I dont see his feelings at all.
>she could do the exact same to you
Well were not dating. But if anything she already did by listening to him that day. Im still upset with her for that. But I also wouldnt put her in the same situation he tried to. Ill back off before trying to make her choose between me and someone else.
>This is high school shit
I dont know what highschool you went to.
>>
>>16730721
Shes emotionally unstable in a lot of ways. I wouldnt get into a romantic relationship with her because of a lot of reasons. I think we just became friends because Im the only one who ignored her emotional needs for the most part.
>>
You know even though they broke up I feel like he should know that he did get cheated on. He's kind of an orbiter now.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.