[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I give up on dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 6kb.jpg (191 KB, 633x950) Image search: [Google]
6kb.jpg
191 KB, 633x950
>be me
>talking to this girl
>she's calling me to talk for hours at a time
>saying how much she likes me
>being really clingy
>we go to the movies
>have my arm around her, she had her hand on my leg
>didn't have time for anything after the movie so dropped her off, kissed her, went home with butterflies ready for next time

>she ignores me the next day
>usually I'd let it be for good but I like her more than other girls so I foolishly send her a bunch of messages on Facebook
>she read them all with no reply

What gives? She just went from saying how much she wanted to spend time with me, how I'm the best thing to happen to her in months, etc to giving me the cold shoulder. Even when the date goes great it always goes great.

And now I wake up at 4 in the morning realizing I have no one to talk to today who's going to text me through her day, send cute selfies and then ask me to call her when she gets home. And it feels bad, like really bad. How do I get over it?
>>
*always ends the same, not goes great. I'm tired and upset.
>>
>>16728601
Delete that bitch from your facebook. She's got some messed up shit going on and the only way you can win is to not play. Go drink with some friends and hit on some new girls at a bar or something.
>>
>>16728601
Relax a bit and don't come across as over invested. That can be a bit hard to take at the beginning.

About the only thing you can do is tell her what a great time you had, how pretty or attractive you find her and you're looking forward to talking to her later.

If this is a pattern you've got from multiple dates with different girls then you're doing or saying something that's made them uncomfortable.
>>
>>16728615
Yeah, hurts though. Haven't felt this way about s girl in a long time. I've been rejected via ignore plenty of times but wasn't in this deep so I didn't care. I'm fucking upset, every pulse is keeping me up, time feels like it isn't moving, I can't concentrate on anything and I wanna fucking die when I have to talk to anyone.
>>
>>16728621
Already did though.. I lost my cool and ended up sending her several messages.. Any chance I had left is probably gone now. Fuck I never do that :(
>>
>>16728601
Similar shit happens to me as well.
Would chat to a girl for a while, then all of the sudden, she's in ignore-mode.

Just wait it out. Don't msg her anymore.
99% of the time if you ignore her as well, she'll eventually msg you back.

Length of time differs. This girl I have a thing with now initially ignored me in November last year and then started bombarding me with msg's beginning of January.
Fuck knows why.

Personally I don't know what the reasoning behind it is. Personally I'm in contact with 2 - 3 women at a time so if one decides to act edgy, I'm not phased about it.
>>
>>16728638
You really think she will after I sent her needy messages? I don't know what came over me, I just panicked at the first feeling I was losing, because I really like this one, more than any girl in several years, and I acted beta soon as it looked like she was ignoring me.

Last thing I said was I apologize if I made her uncomfortable and I didn't mean to.
>>
>>16728601

How old are you? You sound young.

Just count this as a lesson, and move on. Go play some exausting sport and spend time with friends. Tell a close friend that this twat is getting under your skin and you need something to distract yourself.

Time will heal the pain your feeling now, and in a bit you won't even care about her, but it's gonna suck right now. Just a little bit further.
>>
>>16728651
I'm not that young, early 20s. Friends will make fun of me for not closing the deal, I have no one to talk to except my female friend who just keeps babying me saying she's no good for me. Well I fucked it up big time, and it was something good.
>>
>>16728650
I'll be honest with you.
Sending Needy msg's is not a good thing.

Most needy thing I say after a while of waiting is "Good Morning. Hope you have a great day." then I drop it completely until she response again.

Just wait for now. Keep yourself busy. Contact another girl.
We've all been there.
>>
>>16728657
So, what's wrong with this female friend? Saying shit like she's no good for you means she has an interest in you.
>>
>>16728674
She has a bf. That's what any girl would say to make you feel better
>>
>>16728662
Don't have any other girls to contact right now, none that I'm interested in. Feels bad not waking up to a good morning text or a picture of her anymore.
>>
she just wanted to see the movie on your dime sorry man movies are expensive
>>
>>16729428

speak for yourself. Roughly $5 an hour for entertainment? Not too shabby
>>
>>16728601
i've had same issues with one girl at one time. meeting, kissing, hugging, laughing... next day, it was like we never met before. so on so on.

never be the side who's texting/calling first. just wait couple days. then if you want, you can text and just ask wassup. then try to lead the conversation. you'll understanding where it goes in the middle of it. if you won't like it, don't hurt yourself and finish it. trust me, it works.
>>
>>16729459
I wasn't, for a whole week she texted me first and asked me to call her. Now she's never going to talk to me again.
>>
>>16729491
sorry, you couldn't lead the conversation well then. forget her man. hard but nothing you can do.
>>
File: 2015-12-13_21-38-47.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13_21-38-47.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>16728601
#wastehistime2016

did you pay for everything? because she used you for free shit :^)
>>
>>16729824
I spent a whopping $4.00 on her movie ticket, she paid for her food.
>>
>>16729654
I let her know that i'm shy until getting comfortable with someone and she kept assuring me that it's okay and she understands.
>>
>>16729863
Uh-oh.
I think we have some idea of the issue here...you only spent $4? And she paid for her food?

You're a cheap asshole. That is really a red flag. Splitting costs goes only future dates or more expensive ones.
>>
>>16729863
that is not bad. how was your game? did you made her laugh? did you flirt enough? you have to build attraction my friend. also pick something better then a boring movie next time like an area that has many things to see. you need to stand out from her usual boring dates that ever other guy takes her.
>>
>>16729906
op is not a fucking walking atm machine. what op needs to do is make the date more interesting without the need to break his wallet.
>>
>>16729928
If $4 "breaks his wallet" then he better save up before going on a date where he expects the girl to spend more than he does. IT WAS A FIRST DATE.

You wanted to know why there wasn't a second? This was certainly part of it.
Pfffft $4.
>>
>>16729998
We talked on the phone twice before meeting about 4 hours altogether. Told her how I am on the phone is about how I act in person, she didn't care. We swapped snapchats back and forth, so she knew what I looked like. You should have seen the things she texted me, making it seem like she really wanted to be with me. Asked her if 1:00 was good, 'idc, I just want to spend as much time with you as I can'. Then boom, won't even fucking say one thing to me the next day.

I really hate dating. Several of my friends really lucked out and married their first ever gfs, meanwhile I'm trying all these different girls and getting hurt every time.
>>
>>16729998
>money≠sex

what op did was fantastic and the less money he has to spend the better. men need to learn how to open a woman's legs without giving them money.
>>
>>16730027
How is marrying their first girlfriend lucking out?

Never mind. What you need to start doing in order to start loving dating is to start being outcome-independant. Tell yourself that she has to do better to impress.
>>
>>16728625

That sounds awful anon. It makes me worried too. There is a girl I met a few months ago and I really like her. Like you, this is the first girl I've ever emotionally been attached to. I fear the day when she breaks my heart :(
>>
>>16730101
She was a 9/10 and legit fun to be around. If she had a bad time she did good at pretending she didn't.
>>
>>16730118
She will, brace yourself.
>>
>>16730264

you posted too soon anon...

I think she just had sex with her ex.. like within the past few hours.. fuck
>>
>>16730123
So? You should never lower yourself just because you happen to be dating beautiful women. They still need to impress.
>>
>>16728601
Similar situation as you OP, except she still spoke to me all distant. I stayed the same talking back. We had a couple get together with her friends first, they loved me, Fuck I didn't even try to kiss her. Just hold her hand since we didn't spend much time together, then she got all distant but hugged me harder than before.
I don't get girls, man. After two days of distance texts afterwards I straight up asked her if she liked me or was just playing and she said she did like me but it was bad timing because she was busy that weekend and such. Probably doesn't help we're long distance either though. But even as far as I know she doesn't really have any guy friends she speaks to. Just lots of female friends, and I know she likes guys since she's had one BF before and he was a semi-mutual friend.
>>
>>16730280
Fuuck you.
I'm so fucking pissed now.
I can relate to the same situations as the posters here.
She was with him for 2 years and they've been broken up for 6 months now.
I know she still talks to him because I can see it on her twitter.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.