[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why. the. FUCK. can one not just go about their day to day business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: clerks-movie.jpg (131 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
clerks-movie.jpg
131 KB, 670x377
Why. the. FUCK. can one not just go about their day to day business and keep their fucking head low without some fucking socialfag trying to form a fucking goddamn 'relationship' over some shit? Why can't I just fucking go to the gas station and buy my cheap fucking coffee without having to fake a conversation with the hobgoblin behind the counter for civilities sake? How the fuck do people actually enjoy stupid shit like small talk? Jesus you people you insufferable.
>>
Oh and while, we're fucking at it. Why can't I just keep a fucking job that I legitimately like for a fucking long time with out people trying act all fucking surprised that I'm staying in the same fucking place for more than 3 months?
>>
>>16726807
> Reeeeeeeee.bmp
>>
I quit going to a grocery store after they took out self check out. I don't want to fucking talk while I'm buying bread thanks. Yea it's pretty annoying especially if you are not in the best mood. Normally I'm ok, but it happens.
>>
You're an asshole.
>>
God damn, I mean, I fucking hate socializing/small talk as well, but you're sperging a bit too much.
>>
>>16726846
/thread
>>
Fuck your small talk. If you can't say anything of interest STFU! "Nice weather isn't it?". "Yeah, fuck off now."
>>
>>16726807
I don't care for it myself, but it doesn't really fill me with rage. Jesus fuck, get over it. It's kind of pathetic. If you're that upset, wear headphones. But greeting someone as you arrive at the register is common courtesy, and not "forming a relationship"

>>16726821
that's weird. I never get that reaction...
>>
Why don't you just move north? There are places where people know to keep to themselves.
>>
>>16726872
>I never get that reaction...
If people don't ask you why you're still at your job, it's probably because they consider your job respectable in some way and don't find it surprising you'd stay there. But there are lots of other jobs, many in the service industry, that many people only consider as steeping stones to better jobs and they can't imagine how someone could want to work there for any extended period.
>>
>>16726880
I'm not that much of a loner I just hate small talk.
>>
>>16727040
there's disliking small talk- and then there's being a little rage-filled whiney fuck. The only person that sounds "insufferable" is you.
>>
37 dicks? My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks! IN A ROW!
>>
>>16726807
Small talk is retarded and soul crushing , I'll even admit it as a normie . It's hard to find good friends .

If you just wanna go in and out and do life like a business come to chicago . That's basically the attitude here , "here's what I want , here's the money , thank you," .

Just make sure you bring a glock if you plan on living in the city . (Read : south side )
>>
>>16727265
I heard the safe part of Chicago had some of the nicest, friendliest, and most outgoing people in the country from several different people lol
>>
In general 'relationships' are valuable. People want a constant exchange with other people, even if neither side meaningfully benefits significantly. It's like trade routes in the Civ video games. I give you salt, you give me truffles, both of us are still in the same position relative to one another. But the point is that my people now have truffles and yours have salt. There's no reason not to do that so we might as well.

That having been said, you're also under no obligation to be civil.
>>
>>16726807
Small talk is just a bunch of things they want to know about you.

I agree it gets bland and boring since it's the only way these people roll outside.
>>
File: 1418704664381.jpg (45 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
1418704664381.jpg
45 KB, 400x254
As a gas station clerk and former grocery store clerk, allow me to clear the air for you. We would LOVE not having to talk to anyone, we would also LOVE for every transaction to be quick and silent.

Here's the problem, we have customers that feed on talking, that crave attention in any form, and if the clerk isn't a social butterfly, then he is ruining the customer's day and we are officially an asshole AKA "Unprofessional". That equals a number of problems like write-ups, suspensions, or even job loss. So we have to talk to everyone.

So my advice to you is to suck it up and just smile, nod, and have a good day.
>>
>>16727040
That's what I'm saying. I live in a region where strangers mostly just don't engage in small talk. You go to a cashier and all they say is "Hello. That will be $xx.xx. Goodbye."
>>
>>16727476
>That equals a number of problems like write-ups, suspensions, or even job loss. So we have to talk to everyone.

Nailed it. In a similar vein I see folks complain about how people at home depot are always asking them if they need help, even when they don't look lost. The problem is if they didn't do that shit they would get fired.

People really need to understand folks in service positions are always trying to talk to you is because their job is at stake.
>>
File: 3430c9c32c.jpg (120 KB, 480x724) Image search: [Google]
3430c9c32c.jpg
120 KB, 480x724
>>16726807
Because my job is boring as FUCK and the only break I get from unpacking boxes, pumping gas or cleaning some kid's vomit off the isle floor is talking with somebody for a few minutes out of my day. It's LITERALLY all I have to look forward to in my shitty eight hour shift and the one thing besides sleeping or eating that prevents me from remembering that I'm a soulless shell of a person, slowly waiting to die in my bed.

Hey faggot, why can't you say something more than a precursory glare? Why can't you have some joy in your fucking life instead of spreading your shitty attitude to the rest of us? Next time I'll be sure to wash your window with unleaded gas you dickboxing cumfunnel.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.