[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just turned 25 and I feel old as fuck, like my life is over...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: suffering-suffering-for-blog.jpg (157 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
suffering-suffering-for-blog.jpg
157 KB, 425x282
I just turned 25 and I feel old as fuck, like my life is over... why do I feel like this? is it normal? tips to overcome?
>>
>>16726579
You're old. Brace yourself for another 60 years of disappointment.
>>
>>16726579
Is something wrong or is this a general feeling?
>>
>>16726579

That is your personal feeling. Only you can change that. You can do whatever you want with your life.
>>
>>16726596
It's usually called an existential crisis. It happens to people as they get old, yes. I'm not sure if there's a resolution, really...
>>
>>16726579

>I just turned 25 and I feel old as fuck

Get in shape.

I was a complete slob for the first 27 years of my life, I've started working out and feel younger than when I was 20.
>>
File: 13000716824081308143.jpg (41 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
13000716824081308143.jpg
41 KB, 540x540
If it's anything like me, it's because you've done nothing with your life after high-school. or made a huge mistake and still paying for it You're now realizing this is the age people start to set into their careers/plan for families and you're starting from step fucking 1.
>>
Remember that you still have 60 years to change.
>>
>>16726579
Remember that you still have 60 years to change.
>>
Change it up man. Volunteer, get serious about working out, eat healthy, drop shrooms.
>>
lol sweetheart this is normal as fuck. This is one letter that made me smile because I'm absolutely sure on this because I'm 45 - genuinely older than fuck. And it's fine.

25 is the WORST AGE EVER. Everyone feels "old" and there's a reason why - adolescence lasts from age 12-24. 25 is your first year of adulthood. In my experience all 25 year olds feel bad about themselves.

Trust me - you're younger than fuck.
>>
You are old. You're one of those people whose high point in life was in high school. And you'll age poorly manlet.
>>
File: 1451980909546.jpg (64 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1451980909546.jpg
64 KB, 1000x667
you're unfulfilled anon... you're feeling like this because you don't have anything going on for you... get stuff going on and that feeling will go away, and you'll start to actually look forward to the future rather than dread it

age, up to I'd say 60, is literally just a number
>>
>>16726579

Meh. If you're just 25 and you've already irreparably fucked up your life then you're pretty much done.
>>
>>16726579
If getting a life means needing friends around you all the time, I've got bad news for you.
>>
>>16726623

Sounds like everyone I went to high school with.

One of my friends is 22 and already has two kids. She is living with her mom and has no one to watch her kids regularly so she can't work for more than ten hours a week. She only has enough free time to take one or two classes per semester.

She'll get there eventually, she just has to manage to not an hero before she does.
>>
>>16726932
why... what opportunities are now closed to him that a 18yo doesn't have?

n o t h i n g
o
t
h
i
n
g
>>
>>16726952
in fact I would argue I had more opportunities at 22 or 25 than 18. No one wants to hire a snot-nosed kid right out high school who is entitled to the world and thinks he knows everything.

OP, get out of your comfort zone. Do something you wouldn't normally do it and do it every other week. It is extremely challenging at first and very nerve-racking. Eventually you'll get to the point where you embrace a new challenge.

For example if I wanted to talk to women more, I don't expect myself to be a Don Juan day one. First off I'd just have to initiate some conversation, nothing sexual, then go from there. Eventually you're comfortable with women, and gain more confidence with them, etc.

It works this way for anything you do in life. Guitar, chess, learning a new trade, learning a new skill, your hobbies, etc.

Keep building, keep learning, keep reading. I think if you challenge yourself you'll look forward to life.
>>
>>16726952

I guess you don't know what the world "irreparably" means.

Being a tripfag and being stupid is going to kill your rep pretty fast.
>>
>>16726993
lol

op gave no indication or idea what state his life is in, we have to assume it's bad but at no point could anyone say it's irreparably

irreparably (can never start fresh) would be like convicted felon, child to care for, losing a limb... so on

rather rare to be in an irreparably state so i'm not sure what you're going on about

also don't try to use the fact that i trip as leverage to make an argument faggot
>>
Bro I've seen the quarter life crisis so many times within the past few years. Always at 25. And I'm talking everyone. Men, women, attractive, fat, educated, lazy, I think it's just a common thing for the first few months of the quarter. At least for our generation. Good luck! And know that it's temporary
>>
File: 1376969741273.jpg (130 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1376969741273.jpg
130 KB, 612x380
More common than you think. But then again I am 25 too and stuck living with my dad. He demands I have a plan ready to somehow get my life together and get out of his basement in the next two years, and he wants an answer in the next two days and I'm at a loss. Got a full-time gig making only $1200 a month and that isn't shit. I need to locate something better that could gain my independence and soon. Colorado is a shit state to live in when you're trying to get your life together.
>>
>>16726579
Lazy people often feel this way.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.