[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
None of my friends are weebs. I am a closet weeb and cosplayer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
None of my friends are weebs. I am a closet weeb and cosplayer. How do I find fellow weebs near me? Is craigslist a good idea?
>>
>>16725905
people who self-describe themselves as weebs are disgusting

weeb is a the redditfication of 4chan
>>
Anime club at your school, craiglist is too potentially dangerous.
>>
I want to know this too. There are no anime club equivelants for grown adults, so how the hell do you meet other people that share the interest?
>>
>>16725905
you have to?
>>
You need to learn of an anime fan please come with me add me on snapchat or something I'll teach you how to respect our culture (I'm Japanese) Please let me teach you.
>>
>>16725965
>inb4 axe murderer

Get a better hobby OP. Read philosophy, teach yourself a programming language, etc.
>>
>>16725980
This is such bullshit. A hobby is a pastime that you enjoy, not a pastime that is considered socially acceptable by some arbitrary standard.
>>
>>16725983
welcome to the normalfag invasion
>>
>>16725930
I'm out of school at the moment, now what? I don't want to bring this shit up at work, either.

>>16725958
I just want people to talk to and cosplay with. People who would be interested in going to conventions. Stuff like that.

>>16725980
I read philosophy. I am currently learning C (although I don't know what the fuck I'm going to use it for). I also watch anime. That's fine, right?
>>
>>16726008
> People who would be interested in going to conventions
Logically, conventions seem like a good place then, no? There'd be tons of such people, and cosplay is a great conversation starter there.
>>
Are you a crossplayer?
>>
>>16726008

Google local conventions and get togethers in your area and see what crops up. I mean seriously doing this on craiglist is a giant beacon for trolls.
>>
>>16726013
Is going to a convention alone really such a good idea? Most people go in groups, right? Going alone sounds like it would be boring as fuck, and there's no guarantee that people I meet there would live anywhere near me. Also, I don't want to look like a creep.

>>16726021
Occasionally. Why?
>>
>>16726058
because you're an obnoxious clear homosexual that uses anime as a tangent interest to socialize

you faggots are the worst, I bet you've only seen 20 shows at most
>>
>>16726058
>Also, I don't want to look like a creep.
Come on, you're at an anime convention dressed in a ridiculous outfit. You can't very well cosplay if you're self conscious, right?

Just go and do whatever you want to there, in costume. Strike up conversations with others about their own costumes, they'll have put work into them and therefore like to discuss them, and if yours is good people may even initiate conversation with you.
>>
>>16726072
Stop being such a normalfag. Making up arbitrary reasons for why people that aren't you are losers is what most of us shun social contact to avoid. So why become what you hate?
>>
I'm a mobile weeb with crunchyroll and hulu plus accounts. Post locations and I'll come to you if possible.
>>
>>16726087
This post didn't make any sense

Grow up and stop using buzzwords as arguements
>>
>>16726130
Alright let me try again.

Regular people often belittle others for having more fringe social interests. They can't help it, it's a natural human ego boosting behaviour. But when those selfsame outcasts (or whatever you'd call them) start to impose their own nonsensical 'standards' on whether or not you *really* share the hobby they're just doing the same thing, except they should really know better.
>>
>>16726074
I guess I was just under the impression that other people would wonder why I was alone. I've never been to a con by myself, so I guess I'm just being paranoid. I'll wait for the next con in my area, then.

>>16726119
Only if you're willing to come to Canada.

>>16726072
I bet you're a friendless NEET from /a/. Return to your containment board, filth.
>>
>>16726148
I don't care what you think is right or if I should "know better"

Casuals ruin hobbies and bring with them destruction
>>
>>16726167
Fuck. My passport is still processing, but I'll be up there this summer for unrelated 4chan obligations.
>>
>>16726167
reported for spam
>>
>>16726173
How does other people watching anime in any way affect your own ability to watch anime.

I'll say this for casuals, at least they enjoy themselves. It's heartening to see them genuinely enthralled by things that the self professed hardcore community sneers at. Going to /a/ you'd wonder if any of those people even like anime from how they shit talk everything and anything.
>>
>>16726194
Because its poisons the industry with youtubers and normalfags thinking shit like Attack on Titan is worth watching and so they produce more of it
>>
>>16726199
So? Leaving aside the issue of subjective enjoyment, a lot of anime is produced, most of it pandering or cash ins. But there's enough that you can probably find something you enjoy every season or two, unless you're the sort who actively wants to find their entertainment to be bad so they get to complain about it. And even that aside, there's enough older anime to keep you going till your dying day. At least until you go back to it and realise that you find it to be shit because that's how you've trained yourself to view everything to suit your desperate attempts to be a misanthropic dick to fit in.
>>
>>16726226
You're really bad at forming a cohesive argument

Putting words in my mouth is a typical normalfag tactic
>>
>>16726231
I think that you also are a fag
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.