[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is chivalry dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nch3obrnM21s7m1zqo1_500.jpg (84 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nch3obrnM21s7m1zqo1_500.jpg
84 KB, 500x375
So I'm 21. Average guy in every way. Except I don't really like seeing women in distress. I don't like to see them fight, cry or whatever. I guess my mother had something to with that. I don't really care about other guys because we aren't really supposed to be emotional or all that. But whenever I discuss this stuff online I get called a white knight or with my friends I get called a marshmallow. Some women even get offended at my viewpoint. I just think women are...god, forgive me for this. I know how this'll come out, sort of delicate and need to be protected, you know? What's wrong with that?
>>
nothing os wrong with that.
fins a gf that likes you to be her strong and protective hero. just don't try to pull this on a "strong independent womyn tat don't need no man".
>>
Chivalry ain't dead. You're just a very massive faggot.
>>
You treat them like little kids with no agency, and men like they are just walking dicks without a heart. If you can't see what's wrong with it, try growing up a bit past that stage.
>>
>>16724786
Prime example of topic.
>>
Women don't really care whether your nice or not as long as you are confident. Hanging out with more guy friends, being nice to everyone not just women, and not treating them like some sort of delicate flower goes a long way to show you are confident.
>>
>>16724768
No chivalry isnt dead but what you describe isnt chivalry, it's called obsessive clingy boyfriend behaviour which is unattractive. You don't own you girlfriend, it's a mutual thing. A beta orbiter is what you are, you hover around females that you cannot obtain, do things for them, gain nothing in return while her boyfriend treats her shit and plows her nice holes.

You lose in the end.
>>
>>16724799
Whoa! You're projecting, dude.
I have a girlfriend. We've been together for 2 years now and I don't treat her as property. I don't even know what "beta orbiter" is. I'm not clingy or obsessive or whatever. Sensitive, maybe, in that I don't even like it when my girl gets upset, but what you said? Keep your insecurities to yourself.
>>
>>16724802
my bf feeds intot he classic manly scheme too. he's big, broad, etc and he's into stuff like giving me his jacket or opening the car door. i don't need him to do this stuff but i surely like it. i'm very independent and not really thinskinned. i like the way he makes me feel like a kitty that needs protection
>>
>>16724793
Okay I'm not sure how I came off in the OP post but I'm not a dick to other guys. I offer support as any good man would. I just never liked it when I saw a female in trouble. Not even saying I did something all the time---My girl believes it's why I'm a good father to our daughter, but I've been thinking.
>>
>>16724813
Of course. I'm not ignorant to the fact that there are strong women, both physically and mentally, that don't really need a guy to fuss over them. It's just something that was instilled within me as a child. I'm never overbearing though.
>>
>>16724768
Dear OP. There's a difference between chivalry and good manners. One gets you taken advantage of. The other knows when it's time to throw a bitch to the curve.

You would hold a door open for a woman who called you every name in the book. That makes you a white Knight and a pussy.

Close the door on that bitch and go about your business. Kindness and cordiality are for those that show they deserve it.
>>
>>16724843
Curb. Disregard that I suck cocks.
>>
>>16724842
aslong as you are like that with your wife and your daughter, you're golden. just be aware that you could get yelled on if you try to help that fat chick with the pink hair carry her croceries to her car.
>>
>>16724843
Hm. Seems to be the general consensus these days. You get looked at like a freak for being kind and courteous, but embraced for acting like an aloof bonehead. It's simply the way I was raised. I wouldn't change it.
>>
>>16724854
Yes, I know. Whenever I see a female in trouble I just feel bad inside. But I don't "leap into action" like these Anon's seem to believe. I'm not some kind of super hero.
>>
>>16724768
That's not chivalry you faggot.

Chivalry is fighting and dying for those too weak to fight and uphold all that is good. To weed out corruption etc.

It's not what you think it is which is being a massive fedora wearing white knight faggot so that women can use you like the weak fuck you are.

Seriously go fuckyourself.

Don't ever use chivalry like that again you c.uckx
>>
>>16724863
well, then, wjat's the deal? do you want to get rid of these urges or are you ok with them?
>>
>>16724864
Wow. You got upset over what, exactly?
>>
>>16724868
I don't know. I always thought it normal but given what my friends say/mock and how i'm responded to here...It makes me think maybe I should become that "aloof bonehead guy" that seems be lauded. I'll still be a marshmallow to my gf and little girl no matter what though =p
>>
>>16724863
I used to feel like that too when I was young. Then I acknowledged these facts:

-Women are just human beings
-Some of them are cunts through and through
-Some of them fake needing assistance
-Quite a few of them like to prove they can fight for themselves, they can think for themselves and they find themselves merely offended by someone who thinks they're somehow disabled for just being women and need special care.
-Women are just human beings
-Most guys who act like this usually lack confidence
>>
>>16724873
Why should I explain it to you faggot? Hah.
>>
>>16724906
Well I'm not lacking for confidence. While I know/always knew women are just humans like the rest of us, it was just a thing that was instilled within at a young age. I guess I grew up fortunate in that I never really experienced the kind of women described your post. No woman never overacted to me holding the door open for her or asking or small talk.
>>
File: Bols_talks_about_his_chivalry.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bols_talks_about_his_chivalry.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
>>16724768
Is this you, OP?
>>
>>16724930
>No woman ever over reacted
Fixed.
>>
>>16724811
Sorry if i hit a nerv there betabux buddy, the only projection im giving is of reality. You can date your girlfriend for aslong as you want but when she finally tells you about her cheating on you with a dominant man don't come crying about it here.
>>
>>16724930
It doesn't really matter that it was instilled at a young age. My sister tried to push this idea into my head that I should take every single hit for a woman and from woman even, without complaining. I took the time to question this and analyze it, and come to the conclusion that she was completely full of shit and that such thing does not make a good person, just a biased one.
>>
>>16724950
I guess it's hard for you to grasp that not everyone is such a dick like the parents who abused you and that fat kid that bullied you through out middle school. Sorry you had such a rough life, Anon.
>>
>>16724963
Anon no need to get defensive and start throwing random insults based off nothing. If what i said really offends you then maybe you should look deeper because in the end i'm not going to be the one asking /adv/ crying about being dumped lol.
>>
>>16724955
I guess it comes down to everyone being different. Some people believe chivalry is dead, some people don't and some balk at the term. I have a girl who loves me, an adorable baby girl and no enemies (that I know of). I've had and will continue to live a good, happy life.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion.
>>
>>16724856
You are misconstruing the comparison between chivalry versus being well mannered. Your definition of chivalry would lead you to turn the other cheek countless numbers of times regardless of how you were treated. Good manners and a good sense of self what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with being aloof. Be kind. Be courteous. Hold the door open for men and women and children and elderly people. Say thank you. Say please. Or as my grandmother used to say, just don't be a dick. Until, of course, it's time to be a dick.
>>
>>16724968
aren't you the one who took like an hour to come up with a reponse to OP? if anyone sounds offended it is definately you.
>>
>>16724991
?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.