[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up at 2 am >cant go back to sleep So...what would you do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: frodo.jpg (93 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
93 KB, 400x399
>wake up at 2 am
>cant go back to sleep

So...what would you do?
>>
Turn off your computer.
>>
i usually go to the toilett, get back into bed, try to not move too much and generally calm down again. sometimes i can go back to sleep, sometimes i can't. if i'm still up at 3:30 i get up and do soemthing like reading or some silent clesaning untill i'm ready for bed again.
>>
Jerk it. More than once if I really can't sleep.
>>
>>16724265
my heartrate is too high after having a nightmare though. still wont calm down after half an hour.
>>
>>16724259
Jerk off till 5am and then go to sleep.
>>
I masturbate. Or cry. Depending on my sadness levels. Sometimes I do one after the other
>>
>>16724276
not horny
>>
>>16724275
ah. nightmares. could it be that you are depressed? i used to have really bad nightmares when i was very depressed. i already slept bad but the sleep paralize was horrible.
>>
>>16724317
how do you tell if you are depressed or merely sad?
>>
>>16724326
if you would describe yourself as "sad", chances are it's a depression.

really. it took me sooo long to figure out that i'm actually depressed and that this isn't how things normaly are. just go to therapy and maybe consider some srri's. they turned my life yround. you can't even imagine how awesome life is when you get a good nights sleep and aren't down all the time
>>
>>16724332
i tried going to therapy but i was basically just told to do stuff and not think about what is causing me to be sad, so it didnt help much.

i tried two different anti-depressants and they didnt do anything except fuck with my sleeping cycle even more.
>>
>>16724339
ugh.
maybe try again? what therapy did you go to? what ssri's have you tried and for how long?
>>
>>16724356
the therapy was some counselling service at my university. what was your therapy like?

SSRIs...IIRC, something called lexapro for several months. There was another one but i cant remember the name of it off hand.
>>
>>16724259
Take a warm relaxing bath for an hour. Put on some calm atmospheric music
Zen out

Then try to sleep
>>
>>16724363
>IIRC,
oh well. that doesn't really cut it anon. go to an approved psychotherapyst. they know their shit.
escitalopram. ok. why have you stopped using it?
i had sertralin for a year and it helped A LOT
>>
>>16724382
didn't meant to quote iirc
>>
>>16724382
by psychoterapist do you mean a psychologist? or psychatrist? or something else?

escitalopram didnt seem to have any beneficial effects for me, and it would randomly make me either very sleepy or have insomnia. Like i would sometimes take it at lunch and feel super sleepy for the rest of the day or end up not being able to sleep at night but be super tired and unable to do anything.
>>
>>16724403
definitely a psychiatrist. not a psychologist.

oooh! you need to take them very consistently at the same time and find out which time is best for you. also, try different ssri's. i had to try 4 untill i found one that worked for me. i always needed to take it as early in the morning as possible in order to be able to sleep at night. i also paired it with sleeping pills first to help me get a good nights rest. it was vital for me to be able to recover. i always did this in close dialogue with my therapist.
i also got a therapy sun lamp to help me with my sleep cacles. this shit really works
>>
>>16724259

think about why i'm such a failure and cry myself to sleep
>>
>>16724417
i thought psychologists were the one who did counselling and stuff like that, while psychatrists were for prescribing medication for stuff like ADD?

What were the SSRIs you tried?

Therapy sun lamp?
>>
>>16724461
psychologists are the ones that couldn't get a propper education. psychotherapysts are registered medical professionals that are allowed to write recipes for prescription medication.
but their main tool is speech therapy. and they have a bit more in depth knowledge.

let me recall...
i tried citalopram, mirtazapin and sertralin. i guess i had two different brands that used citalopram before switching and staying with sertralin.

a lamp that imitates sun-light, thus helping normalizing your melatonin levels, resluting in a much better sleep cycle
>>
>>16724259
Dude I've been having this too. Think I'm just gonna start cleaning and/or reading. Maybe it's the time of year or something.
>>
Play Hearthstone, and listen to music until I fall asleep at 7am
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.