[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of the feeling of needing so much attention?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: future.jpg (301 KB, 1500x877) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
301 KB, 1500x877
What's wrong with me?! I feel crushingly lonely when I'm surrounded by people preoccupied with something else. My bf of 2 years just spends time playing LoL, and I just feel neglected and sick when I'm around that, and it makes me want to go to my mom's house. He has to force himself to spend time with me, which doesn't feel good, either. Should I just leave and go live with my mom? He says we have to live together to be together, but he doesn't pay attention to me when I am here. I am the one working and he has eight hours a day without me to play League of Legends... am I overreacting?! Much of the time, he'd rather play LoL than get his dick sucked...
>>
Yeah, you should just leave him if he likes league that much.
It's shitty.
>>
>>16722815
Do you have experience with a significant other doing the same thing to you?
>>
>>16722807
I would love to go to omegle or tinychat or something right now just so I could not feel lonely like this, but he goes through the internet history and I would be accused of fucking around on him. I feel neglected as fuck, I'm lonely as shit, and when I try to get some space I'm just accused of cheating and whatnot.
>>
Sometimes, I just wake him up at night and unbutton his pants just to feel an ounce of affection and approval and attention... A lot of the time the only bonding I do have with him is sucking his damn dick.
>>
>>16722819
I had a guy try and slip me into a side chick role because he was secretly dating a crazy chick, with the ruse of farming on WoW.
My current bf is actually the Lol kind of trash, but he plays other stuff too.. minorly. Fuck, he better not be a repeat.
>>
>>16722849
I do worry that he's secretly talking to some chick on League and camming with her or some shit... I don't really know what goes on here when I'm gone at work, he uses my car while I'm at work.
>>
>>16722862
It is likely, I had example 1 try to tell me he found taylor swift on Wow. He deserved that laugh, like I'd be jealous of a singing neet.
>>
>>16722807
You can come live with me instead. I'll even let you suck my dick while I'm working, then when I set the air brakes it'll be cuddle town, next stop, sexy shower city.
>>
>>16722828
Idk, I don't think a need for attention just magically goes away. If you feel neglected, then you just are. Have you tried to talk to him about this lack of contact? How did he respond?

Maybe you should go live with your mom. You need to be in a space where you feel loved and supported, and if you're not getting that there, you're just going to snap one day anyway. If he fights you about you moving in with your mom, then tell him that he's not exactly giving you a reason to stay. If he really wants you to be there, he needs to show that in his actions, not his words.
>>
>>16722912
A lot of the time I feel like he's only with me out of convenience... He keeps going in and out of work and doesn't clean, we are 3 months behind on everything, and when I get home from work all he wants to do is play LoL still, even though he has all day to play that game when I am gone... He says that we have to live together to be together. So, if I move back home it'll ultimately be our demise,, unless I quit my job and join the army / navy or something.
>>
>>16722952
Well, do you want to stay in this relationship? If so, why? You don't seem very happy; do you see this situation improving sometime?
>>
>>16722952
You're attracted to the fact that he doesn't fall head over heels for you, because that displays abundance mentality and it's attractive to women.

It's biology. Also, every young girl is an attention whore, there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
I woke him up by sucking his dick and now he's playing League... I thought it'd maybe make him want to give me some attention, I guess not...
>>
Is this attitude of not wanting to be around someone unless they pay attention to you normal?! He's being a jerk! I just fucking gave him head and he's just... instantly glued to that damn game.
>>
It's just making me think he's talking to somebody else on there or something... HE PLAYS that game literally all fucking day, and he doesn't care when I give him head or buy him things.
>>
>>16722975
Sometimes he is nice and actually does spend time with me, most of the time, though, he doesn't. It makes me not even want to be here a lot of the time. Maybe it's boring that I only want to watch movies, whatever... BUT GOD DAMN! He has all the time in the world to play that fucking game... It's pushing me away, I am thinking about starting an exercise routine and spending the majority of my time not at this fucking trailer. He has looked back here, from his laptop, suspicious about what I am doing. The only time he pays attention to me is when he thinks I am up to something.
>>
>>16722807
Honestly, I would go stay with your mom. I used to act like your boyfriend a few years back. I lost my fiance of 5 years because I was an inconsiderate douche. He is with you out of convenience. He is needs to get his priorities straight.
>>
>>16723239
>>16723239
How does someone not feel like a completely shitty person doing that, though? He seems to be getting cocky because he starts a job tomorrow, but he's not going to be able to keep it, he's too fucking hot headed to work at a call center... What the fuck motivated you to treat your fiance of 5 years that way?! Did you just thought you could? Or were you just not in love with her at all?
>>
>>16722807
i was literally in the EXACT situation two years ago, league and all. we were a normal couple until he went away to college, i joined him about six months later.

i worked all day, did all shopping cooking pet care, bought him sweet thoughtful random presents, tried to get him to do ANYTHING with me. didn't want to go on dates, or, like you said, get his dick sucked.

i broke up with him even though his family could have supported me forever, and it was a good fucking decision. i can't even hear the term "league of legends" without thinking about that relationship and getting pissed.

dump the motherfucker and get some of that good dick/pussy
>>
>>16723272
I wouldn't say it's the exact situation, I don't cook or shop or have any pets, but god damn... HOW THE FUCK!!! DOES HE PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS FOR EIGHT HOURS, AND THEN I COME HOME FROM WORK AND HE STILL WANTS TO PLAY IT WHILE I'M HOME?! I can get him out of the house if he wants to play pool, but we don't really have the financial means to have extravagant public outings because of our financial situation, we would go out together and do fun things when he was employed once in a while, though.
>>
>>16723259
I have changed a lot since then. She left me and I learned the error in my ways. I didn't treat my fiance badly. We just grew apart, and eventually I started just playing video games and she would read. It was like we were roommates. I didn't want to grow up. I think she was to insecure to move on without me at the time.
>>
>>16723289
Yet she was the one who left you?
>>
>>16723288
yupp, i would leave for work on his days off school, he would be playing, and when i got home 8-12 hours later from work the motherfucker would still be playing and i would get a barely imperceptible look before he returned to his game. i didn't know if i wanted to kill him or myself.
>>
Right now, he isn't even playing an actual match, he is in some chat room on League and keeps looking back here at me.
>>
>>16723298
She stayed with me for over 5 years. Our relationship was like your situation for about a year. When she left, I didn't care.
>>
>>16723307
Is he social? or is LoL his only outlet?
>>
this is her BF yes i do want her here because she has cheated by camming, and she expects me to sit there and do absolutely nothing at all with her while she listens to her hate music when she is drunk. she always starts some kind of a problem when she is drunk AKA right now and most every night, so yes i do spend most of my time on LoL to stay away from the arguing when she is drunk and thats the only time we argue really. even when i was working she wanted me to just sit and do absolutely nothing at all after work and if i attempted to play the game or something I was cheating in her mind and caused a huge arguement. so why would I just do something thats going to cause an argument?
>>
>>16723336
If you're really her BF just go and talk to her, man. You've read the posts, you know what she thinks. Now go respond to her, or wait until she's sober or whatever. Our opinions are literally irrelevant right now; go deal with your shit.
>>
>>16723336
Just remember, She loves you enough to look for answers on how to work the relationship out.
>>
you guys dont understand though this is a recurring thing since the begining of the relationship. she only see's things one sided so no use in talking about it
>>
>>16723378
Then what do you wanna do? Why are you still with her? What do you love about her?
>>
idk why i love her. when you first fall in love with someone you find every possible reason in the world to make yourself believe you are meant to be. I love her but idk why anymore desu
>>
btw Mortal Kombat X is my main game not league lol
>>
When he mentioned his ex, and what he said about her, why she liked her... all he had to say was "She was my dream girl, she had a car, a job, an apartment." and when I asked him what he liked about me was that I was "pretty and not afraid to work." And it just makes me feel like if I did not work, if I did not have money, he would not want to be with me... and that feels really bad, I will continue to work regardless, but the fact that the main attributes I have had to him is my appearance (which has declined due to stress and the situation), and the fact that I'm not "afraid to work"

>>
>>16723327
He is social, he often at times pays much more attention to his friends than me. I don't approve of many of his friends, and according to him most of my friends are "whores" which I would agree with, for some of them. I have 4 main friends, 2 of which are kind of loose, two that are not. I think a lot of his friends are jerks.
>>
>>16723431
He's a user. Dump him. He'll just find someone else to use if you don't.

is this even a question at this point? this man sounds like a complete piece of subhuman garbage
>>
lol she has forgot to mention she cheated, she would not stop texting her ex's for the first year and a half we was together when i asked her consistently to, one of her friends was trying to come visit or get her to go there and said we can cheat on our BF's etc. so why would I care?
>>
Idk, man, I'm outta here. If you two don't wanna talk to each other then there ain't shit the rest of us can do anyway.
>>
before you say someone is complete garbage or trash you should know both sides of the story :]
>>
>>16723450
I wasn't cheating on you with any of my exes at the time. The only time I cheated on you is after you told me you slept with someone else when we split up, but you neglected to tell me that after we got back together. So, I didn't take this very well, especially after the way you were acting about the whole situation. And, you found out about it, IMMEDIATELY after it happened, and I didn't do anything sexual with him until a day or two later.
>>
>>16723378
>you guys dont understand though this is a recurring thing since the begining of the relationship. she only see's things one sided so no use in talking about it
>so no use in talking about
If you don't want to try to fucking fix it, then leave. You're both just making each other miserable.

>>16723336
Try to get her into AA, because she sounds like an alcoholic.

If you can't/won't resolve this together, end it.
>>
aswell dont forget to mention all you did was talk shit about me to everyone all the time when I was trying to spend time with you etc and so forth so tag that on there aswell aswell as I have tried getting you to go out and do different activity's with me which would be a variety of different things you liked that didn't involve drinking. so i believe that was trying to spend time with you?
>>
This is more annoying than when people text each other while they're in the same room. Like I can't even imagine how this is going down, but I'm sure it's stupid either way.

You two deserve each other. You are both whiny attention whores who would rather bitch than do anything about your problems, and this entire thing defeats the purpose of /adv/.

You know what? Don't move in with your mom, lady. She probably deserves better.
>>
she is def an alcoholic, she drinks so much to the point she pukes sometimes then continues to immediately continue drinking afterwards
>>
>>16723464
>>16723458
You guys are making each other miserable.
It is hard to come to terms with it, but you should take a break from one another or seriously do some non abrasive reevaluating.
>>
>>16723469
I am not an alcoholic. I am a problem drinker. Alcoholics have to drink all day, every day. I only drink at night and have had long periods of sobriety. I remember mentioning to you that I was thinking about going to AA, and you discouraged me from it and told me that I did not need it. You've also put me in situations after I've been "sober" for a while where you basically consented to me drinking, in order to get me to cooperate with you to do an activity that I want no part of. It seems like you'd rather have it so I just drink so you don't have to spend time with me and you can do what you want to do.
>>
>>16723468
This.
>>
>>16723478
>I am not an alcoholic. I am a problem drinker. Alcoholics have to drink all day, every day. I only drink at night and have had long periods of sobriety.
You're a functioning alcoholic, but you're still an alcoholic. If he's actively discouraging you from AA, or enabling you by putting you in situations where there's booze, you need to leave.

You both have issues and you both need to leave each other, if you're not going to work on the relationship. This passive aggressive shit, where you both post horrible things about each other while in the same room (instead of actually talking to each other like adults) is fucking retarded. We don't care who has it worse, or who has done what. You both suck.
>>
File: dinoguy.gif (2 MB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
dinoguy.gif
2 MB, 500x275
>>16723497
>>
>>16723497
I try to have conversations about this, in person. However, it always explodes into a huge argument that escalates rapidly. I like to try to avoid that. I made this thread with the intention of him not finding out about it, but well... oh well. I just wish both of us could still be together, and actually MISS each other, and not have these financial concerns. I don't want to be with anyone else, I just wish there was a way for us to stay together and both be happy.
>>
>>16723514
It sucks, but I don't think you can salvage this relationship. He doesn't trust you and both assume the worst of each other.
>>
>>16723523
When we actually spend time together, and have sex and whatnot, I am extremely happy, but all those moments seem so short lived, it might happen for a few days in a row, then it's back to being ignored again.
>>
File: 11234325.png (355 KB, 405x539) Image search: [Google]
11234325.png
355 KB, 405x539
Wow, this thread got fucked up really fast. Thanks for the drama, OP.

You're both pretty fucked up people, good luck with that.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.