[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me I'm going to fall in love again. I lost not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 7d1.jpg (49 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
7d1.jpg
49 KB, 600x649
Convince me I'm going to fall in love again.

I lost not only my best friend but the girl I wanted to marry a couple days ago. The numbness went away, only to be replaced by sadness. I have tears in my eyes when I wake up and go to bed every night. I want to die.

I haven't loved like I love her. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't see other girls the same way. I don't want any other girls. I want her.
>>
>>16722708
Can you elaborate on your situation? Did she die or what?
>>
>>16722708
What happened? Why is she gone?
>>
>>16722733
>>16722737
Broke up
>>
>>16722708
You'll probably never get heal completely but you can start by
1. Changing your surroundings by moving or some shit
2. Finding a new hobby or something that you can get good at
3. Doing volunteer shit with retards or animals
>>
>>16722764
>will never fully heal

That helps
>>
>>16722891
Well I mean unless you get a lombotomy you'll never forget her existence, but you can definitely fill your life with other things. Did you look at the rest of that guy's post?

What else is in your life, OP? Family, friends, career? There's gotta be something you can focus on.
>>
bumping for more advice
>>
>>16722940
Yes, but I'm lonely. I need someone to love. I like love. When we were together I was the happiest man in the world. That's all I wanted.
>>
>>16722945
How did you meet this girl? How'd you get together?
>>
>>16722945
This is a bit weird, but you could always try pets.
I mean, they didn't totally help me, but the way I got past getting the boot from a cutie was that I really really really just had to move on. That's all I could do. I kept doing what I knew; what I was secure in. I focused on bettering myself and making myself happy, reminding myself that I may not have a connection like that, but I WILL have a connection again some day. A new one to explore.
Life is just a compilation of experiences; let us enjoy the good ones, mourn when they're done, and then be glad they happened, before moving onto something new, though we never need to forget the joy they brought us.
>>
>>16722985
High school, sophmore year. We slowly became friends, then best friends. Then she confessed her love to me, and I had always had sort of a crush, and we just went on from there. I was with her for over a year
>>
>>16722708
uhhh........why did you break up?
>>
>>16722708
>only together for a year
>broke up
>everything is awful forever

God damn, OP. Just give it time and meet other people. You're still young.
>>
>>16723044
She dumped me because of two things. One, distance made it hard for us to be physically together that much.

Two, she felt as though I was overbearing and too distracting of her schoolwork.
>>
>>16723087
You should go out and meet new girls. You should also be thankful she dumped you for legitimate reasons.
>>
So you what, went to different colleges? I'm assuming?

This isn't what you want to hear, but your relationship has been doomed for a while. Very, very few high school relationships survive the transition to college, no matter how in love the people are. I'm not going to tell you your feelings weren't real -- teens are in fact capable of real love -- but they weren't unique, once-in-a-lifetime, unmatched. You'll feel 'em again, even stronger, for somebody you like even more; I say stronger because once you add in adult responsibilities and sensibilities to a relationship it adds a deeper dimension than just your raw feelings.

Basically, I'm telling you to go ahead and feel sad for a while, then get back out there. You were never going to marry this girl, and by the time you meet the girl you're going to marry this time is going to be a nostalgic but not-that-strong memory.

Now get off this site. You're just going to read shit about how all women are whores and your girlfriend probably broke up with you to get banged by "Chad Thundercock." That's poison for you right now.
>>
>>16723087
>One, distance made it hard for us to be physically together

She didn't really love you aka she found someone else aka she cheated on you and didnt want to feel guilty about it

>Two, she felt as though I was overbearing and too distracting of her schoolwork.

You might have been, but this is all just an excuse for her doing something that she knows she shouldn't have done
>>
>>16723115
>That's poison for you right now.

Yeah the truth hurts doesn't it? Not gonna be part of the group that says all women are whores, but the reason most long distances break down is cause someone cheated or found someone else and they feel held back by the person holding them back thousands of miles away.

It's happened to me and a couple of people I know. It sucks but that's just the reality. I didn't want it to be true that the girl I liked for 4 years had sex with some guy on a debate team she'd known for just 2 weeks or gotten a new boyfriend 2 weeks after she broke up with me but that's life, you gotta confront the ugly truths of it.
>>
>>16723135
That's not always why, but it's likely.
>>
>>16723135

My biggest issue with long distance is that I get driven fucking crazy without physical contact.
>>
>>16723135
Nah, dude. Sometimes long distance relationships break up because LDRs fucking suck. I almost left one once because the stress of maintaining it was exhausting me. I was just burnt out on trying to keep a relationship alive through Skype dates and kiss emojis while getting nothing much out of it in return -- I mean, she tried, but it's tough to make it feel real when you're not there. It's the work of a relationship for no reward.

I didn't have anybody else on the backburner. I was just tired of the shit. I didn't miss being able to bang whoever I wanted, I missed being able to do whatever I wanted with my time.

I mean, OP's girlfriend might have wanted to fuck some dude, sure, but you're just a jaded asshole if you honestly think that's the only reason she could've broken up. I see absolutely no benefit to telling him shit like "YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S RIDING SOME CHAD'S COCK RIGHT NOW, BRO." That's not how you get over somebody, that's how you end up like the bitter shits on here.
>>
>>16723253
I don't know anymore but thanks for not being like the typical woman hater on /adv/. Its nice to see an actual opinion on the matter. I don't hate her for what she did. Even if there's someone else, its better than cheating. Regardless, she made her decision.
>>
>>16722708
I feel your pain and angst. Everytime I come home I feel like walls are going to eat me up if I relax for a second. My body is tense and sometimes I cry and no tears run down my cheeks but I know I'm crying because it's the same heart piercing feeling as when I cry.

Don't die anon. I want to die as well. But Don't. If you need to talk to someone, feel free to contact me at [email protected]
>>
>>16722708
Who are you OP
>>
You may never love again, or you may.

My childhood best friend moved away and contact couldn't be found. This was before cell phones and before the net was popular. I've also lost countless best friends over the years, due to death or them ending up junkies and in jail. I've only ever loved one women and I've accepted I'll never be good enough for her, yet I can still have strong feelings towards others, not the same but I think it's love
>>
you are young af OP, one day you will meet someone new and look back wondering why you thought this girl was the love of your life, my first relationship was when I was 21 and this has happened several times to me
>>
>>16723253
>trying to keep a relationship alive through Skype dates and kiss emojis while getting nothing much out of it in return

And this is exactly what I was referencing, that people feel like they're putting in a lot of work for very little reward. Skyping and texting all day is tiresome, yes, but breaking up with someone cause of it means you didn't really value them as much as you think they did. I try to picture it as if you were living during WW2 and they were away at war and all you had to know about them was a letter you got once every year, would you still stick by them? This generation has a lot of commitment issues and what love is just nothing but a shallow understanding of the word.

>Jaded asshole

Woah no need to get so touchy for no reason.There's nothing jaded about what I said, I didn't mention any of that /r9k/ beta shit you're accusing me off, you're just looking to be a cunt for no good reason.

>>16723305
Stating a possibility isn't being a woman hater. People cheat, male or female. It happens.
>>
>>16723124
Oh shut up please. Not everyone breaks up because they cheated on their partner. OP didn't even give any details so stop jumping to conclusions.

As the saying goes, out of sight out of mind.
What does she study OP? I'm a med student and honestly that could be a reason I'd break up with a guy for. Just give it time, I think anyone who's ever been in love has been through this after a break up. It seems impossible for it to get better, but it will don't worry. You'll think less of it day after day and will only be reminded of her when something makes you think of her. Good luck anon, stay strong.
>>
>>16723534

>Doesn't mean she cheated

Yeah sure of course. To OP, make sure you still don't have her on your social media unless you come across some disturbing photos on valentine's day, cause I know I'll come here and check, and there'll be a thread about someone saying they found out their ex of blah blah has already moved on. Call me a cynic.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.