[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have gf >2.5 years >every birthday / xmas I go out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 1451447626084.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451447626084.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>have gf
>2.5 years
>every birthday / xmas I go out of my way get her a gift she wants
>she doesn't even have enough money to get me anything I want
>recent xmas
>get her $130 camera
>she gets me a sweater and 2 free posters from her friend
>all I wanted was a poster of my fav movie Blade Runner

I feel like she just fucking doesn't give a flying fuck. She never really listens. She blabs her mouth every time we hangout. talks about all sorts of subjects, when we first started dating she would talk about some guy she would rather be with. Claims he's not a problem is just her thought about him.

IT just feels like she doesn't really want to date me she just wants to get fucked and cuddled.

Whenever I get frustrated and want my space she just cries and says "why do I keep screwing up?"

wtf is wrong with women?
>>
you set expectations that were outside of your reality. you also were the one that went out of your way and expected others to do the same. grow up OP.
>>
>>16722001
my expectations seem reasonable.
>>
>>16722001
this

if you give someone a expensive gift just to get pissed off later because they didn't do the same, then it's better to not give anything
>>
>>16722005
>she doesn't even have enough money to get me anything I want
They are not, you spoiled brat.
>>
>>16722005
>expects gifts from significant other just because you gave gifts to them

you're a giant douchebag bro
if she's so annoying and such a shitty girlfriend break up with her instead of keeping your holier than thou attitude around
>>
>>16722015
>>16722014

we both said $100 to spend on each other for xmas.

this is more then me being a spoiled brat.

>both communicate on what we want
>I don't get listened to at all

>ask for something that is $10
>specifically mention what I want
>get 2 posters of 2 random movies I've never seen

2.5 years of dating. she has no money to move in. she wants to go on vacation , we can't she has no money. she went a year without working.
>>
>>16722005
If she has no money and you know that, and you still expect her to spend money on you, then your expectations are not reasonable. They may be if you're with someone who can afford to spend more, but you're not.
>>
>>16722048
>be me
>in relationship
>communicate well
>be patient
>understand
>try to make it easy for her
>look the other way while bullshit happens

on our 2 year anniversary she didn't given stick to our plans of making diner. She went off to hangout with a friend and visit a friend working at a restaurant. wait for her for 4 hours.

all I fucking wanted was a $10 blade runner poster for xmas.
>>
>>16722030
>we both said $100 to spend on each other for xmas.
Who decided on that budget? I'm guessing it was you, not her.
>>
>>16722065
im not a spoiled brat. I just expect the same effort and energy that I put in comes out from the relationship.

fuck I'd rather be alone
>>
>>16722065
Why can't you just buy your fucking poster yourself? Why do you have to throw a bitchfit over $10?
>>
>>16722070
Then dump her. Why the fuck are you even in this relationship if you're so miserable?
>>
>>16722066
she agreed.

I even said if she can't do $100. that's just the limit.

theres no fucking wait she couldn't of just fucking listened and bought the one thing I REALLY asked for for fucking $10.

During our anniversary dinner she brings up racially driven conversations that I have told her I don't want to talk about.

why the fuck can't she listen? I don't set my expectation high.
>>
>>16722070
Then break up with her. You won't. I guarantee you won't.

>>16722027
I explained it here

Please fuck off now
>>
>>16722081
>I even said if she can't do $100. that's just the limit.
And she obliged and spent under the limit. Stop fucking complaining that she didn't spend as much as you did if you told her it was okay if she didnt.
>>
>>16722072
>>16722072

I didn't know what I wanted for xmas so I just mentioned that. no shit I can buy a $10 poster.
>>
>>16722087
So she thought you were just throwing a random idea out there, not that you actually wanted it more than anything else she could get you.
>>
>>16722086

thats not the issue. money isn't the issue.

its someone that isn't a responsible adult and have a job after I asked for her to get one. Even when she complained about not having money.

the issue I have is that she can't listen.

>she mentions she wants a camera months before xmas
>remember it for months
>before xmas tell her what I want
>don't even get anything close to it
>>
>>16722081
Of course she wouldn't get you the one thing you repeat to her, that takes all the fun out of gift giving and you over gave on the limit. You are both retarded and deserve each other.
>>
>>16722087
You sound like a faggot. Don't break up with her, just kill yourself instead and save literally everyone in your life from having to put up with your retarded bullshit
>>
>>16722091
Some people are more considerate and thoughtful than others. Don't take it for granted that she'll treat you exactly the same when it comes to presents as you treat her.
>>
>>16722090
no.

she knows its my fav movie. I specifically asked for it for xmas. my walls are bare in my room. I told her the store. I said it was about $10. she kept asking me for weeks what I wanted for xmas. I even showed her it.

its like she just wants to screw up and be sad. that's honestly what I think she does.
>>
>>16722102
Then dump her and get it over and done with. What the fuck do you want us to tell you?
>>
>>16722104
look for advice. maybe someone has been through this.

am I wrong for thinking a relationship is 3 people? you, her and the relationship. I try my hardest to make it fun and so we can both make each other happy, motivate each other, go after our dreams and have fun.

at times in the relationship I just feel like a class she skipped over or a school project she left to the last minute.
>>
>>16722115
Here's your advice: put up with it or break up. We know you won't break up because if you were going to, you would have done it ages ago. So that leaves the first option: put up with it.
>>
>>16722115
I try to understand and be patient with her. then my frustration meter just goes up. I get mad at her and we get in a fight.

then she just cries. I stick to my guns on not wanting to hangout and wanting her to go home. She just cries more and asks
>"why do I keep screwing this up"
then we make up and it gets swept under the rug and its only countdown till it happens again.

I think after 2.5 years she knows how to push my emotional buttons
>>
>>16722125

>I think after 2.5 years she knows how to push my emotional buttons

i'm no psychologist, but it sounds that you have built up so much resentment that any little thing she does makes you mad

you still feel bitter from stuff that happend a long time ago

>when we first started dating she would talk about some guy she would rather be with
>>
>>16722146
yup I guess you're right.

I just thought with time things would changed.

some of this stuff seems pretty fucking basic
>>
>>16722146

I guess I hold on to them as examples of just bullshit. it doesn't make sense to me.

I have told her, even with that scenario. That some convo's are for her friends and not for me.
Then she doesn't listen and just keeps blabbing her mouth. Even when I've told her times that I don't feel comfortable talking about it.

it feels as if she thinks her emotions/feelings are more important then mine. there is no reason she can't respect my requests. I don't ask for much. infact I make them pretty simple
>>
>>16722159

perhaps since this is my first real relationship and not her first maybe I put too much effort into it?

for her she might not see it as that important just another guy she is dating. As for me I see her as my world.

maybe my years of not dating has over blown my expectation?
>>
>>16722277

maybe if I had more friends going on and I met more people I wouldn't put so much into one person?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.