[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay lads, shit is getting real with me and my GF. I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: coffin_business.jpg (134 KB, 500x880) Image search: [Google]
coffin_business.jpg
134 KB, 500x880
Okay lads, shit is getting real with me and my GF.

I want to break up with her and I think this morning is when I'm going to do it.

For me, it feels like the relationship can't go on. I think we want two very different things out of a relationship and it's making me really unhappy that I can't provide for those needs without being someone that I'm not.

Because of that, it feels to me like the bad times outweigh the good times and it would be the best thing for both of us to end the relationship.

I really don't want it to turn hateful, and in a years time or so, I'd really like to just be friends with this woman.

My current plan is to ask when she's free and meet her at her place, have the conversation and get my mate to text me to tell me he needs my help so that I have a reason to leave.

How do you suggest I proceed from here /adv/ I feel like I'm walking to the fucking gallows.
>>
>>16717192
This is bait
>>
>>16717198

No it's not.
>>
Please respond, this is my hour of need.
>>
>>16717321
If you need someone to hold your hand for basic human interaction you're a literal retard

Figure it out for yourself
>>
>>16717192
If you are going to fucking break up with her, why would you have your mate text you to give you a fake excuse to leave?

You've just broken up, and you are trying to spare her feelings afterwards with a lie? What the fuck?
>>
>>16717349

Yeah fair cop man, that seems pretty shit now that I think about it.

I just don't want to be trapped in a shitstorm that isn't going anywhere, so having an out would be ideal.
>>
>>16717339
Hey tripfag why dont you stop being a fucking asshole .. didnt get enough hugs from mommy or something?
>>16717192
You need to not be a pussy dude if you want to leave her man the fuck uo and tell her then when your finished just fucking leave dont get your friends involved.
>>
File: HOTS-cosplay9.jpg (130 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
HOTS-cosplay9.jpg
130 KB, 600x900
>>16717359
Why would I show kindness to inferior life forms? You're not worth the flow of electrons
>>
>>16717367
Kek nice b8 m8 now an hero. The world would be better without you.
>>
>For me, it feels like the relationship can't go on. I think we want two very different things out of a relationship and it's making me really unhappy that I can't provide for those needs without being someone that I'm not.
>Because of that, it feels to me like the bad times outweigh the good times and it would be the best thing for both of us to end the relationship.
Tell her this, just like you've told us.

>I really don't want it to turn hateful, and in a years time or so, I'd really like to just be friends with this woman.
Sorry, but if she's in love with you you need to accept that you can't be her friend. If you break her heart, don't lead her on.
>>
>>16717395

Thanks man, probably best to cut all contact after today then
>>
>>16717192
If you'd rather be with her than not, you could always try talking to her about what it is that's bothering you and see if the two of you could work it out.

If you've already done that with no change, or if at this point you simply want out, that's all you need to tell her.

You don't have to make up any bullshit like "it's going to be better for both of us", you can just tell her that you're not happy with the relationship, you don't want to do it anymore, and you're breaking up with her.

If you actually want to help make her feel better and you think letting her vent will help, then stick around for a little bit, but don't argue about it: there is no right or wrong to this, you feel the way you feel, you want out.

Don't want to stick around? Then don't. After you break up with her, you're not her boyfriend anymore. You don't have the responsibility of trying to be that guy who makes her happy. Just leave.
>>
My girlfriend gets mad at me and says she wants to leave me. I tell her to leave and she says, "You know I can't do that."

I'm trapped now. Until one of us dies.
>>
>>16717455

I'm sorry to hear that brother
>>
One final bump before I leave to do this
>>
>>16717386
Kylo getting BTFO by anon
>>
>>16717455
lol
have you tried not being such a pussy? you know shes fucking other people, right? grow a pair and take charge of your shit
>>
>>16717367
M8 ur a tripfag. That puts you at the bottom of the pile of shit called 4chan. And considering how low down 4chan is, I'd say that there is not a single person who isn't superior to you.
>>
Update: breakup went pretty well and she appreciated that I rocked up in person and was completely honest with her
>>
>>16718129
Congrats bro. Do you feel relieved, like you've taken a big, fresh breath of air? Or like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders?
>>
>>16718135

Yeah man, I cried and got it out of my system but then started to feel a huge relief that I'd ended it without being a total cunt.

Looking forwards to the future desu
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.