[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just to be clear, women find shy guys to be a turn off, even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
Just to be clear, women find shy guys to be a turn off, even if they're not ugly or fat, right?
>>
>>16712843
Yes. Women like to be entertained. A shy guy can never entertain her.
>>
>>16712843
Shyness is a feminine trait.
>>
Insecurity and low self esteem isn't attractive to anyone. If you're quiet but secure, it's fine. If you're terrified of speaking with people because you're terrified of people, that's more of a problem.
>>
Said this before and I'll say it again. Young women find confidence sexy because they are insecure themselves. The older we get the more we appreciate other types of people. If single I always go for the shy guy. (I'm 30)
>>
>>16712942
I'm 27 and I second that.
>>
girls arent a hive mind

however, its a fairly good bet that no girl wants an awkward, driveling hermit of a guy. shy is intriguing, & can be played off as mysterious, awkward (past an endearing point) is a flaw
>>
Not OP but in a similar situation. I have the potential to be very charming and charismatic, I know I can build up interest, but am too autistic to go in for the kill.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>16712942
>>16712964

Heard it here folks, women want confident men until they're old and the wrinkles come in and they get desperate and then they learn to "appreciate other types of people" (settle)

Go away christmas cakes
>>
>>16712843
well as a shy guy I can tell you are very fucked unless you copy the charisma other men and at least keep up with your appearance.
>>
>>16713067
Are you 18 or what? I still look like a million bucks and ever since I was a teen I hated Chad. I ain't settling. Most of my relationships were with shy introverted guys and things evolved from an online interaction (I like writing). The so called "confident" guys are full of shit. Look around, the world is shit. Everyone has self esteem issues. At least the shy ones are honest about it.
When you grow up you realize everyone is a mess, kiddo. But few are self aware.
Be who you are, OP. Waiting for someone that actually likes you is cool, no matter what other say mkay?
Or else just become a lying scumbag steve after meaningless pussy.
>>
No. Aesthetic and work ethic over everything. I could care less if a guy is shy, I'm very introverted myself
>>
>>16712843

"Shy" is a euphemism for "boring."
>>
>>16712843
Absolutely not. I prefer shy guys because it means they're more likely to let me boss them around in bed
>>
It depends. I think a shy guy can be cute if he's not too awkward. There has to be other things supporting my interest though, like if he seems friendly or intelligent or shares my interests.
>>
>>16712843
Shy guy or a quiet guy?
Shy but not insecure is okay. I'm in my late 20's and I like shy guy.
>>
Shyness in a guy is an absolute turn on omg

But I'm 23 and never had a boyfriend so my opinion is obsolete
>>
>>16713991
Oh my god.... please don't confuse being introverted with being shy. I am highly introverted and my charisma and social skills are quite high as well. If he is shy its not the same as feeling drained when you're around people.

Dating introverts is awesome. Dating shy people takes extra effort and patience. Please don't mix us up to justify your social deficiencies.
>>
>>16714627
>so my opinion is obsolete
Wow you're so different from the average shallow girl. Just kidding why did you even post?
>>
>>16712843
>Just to be clear, women find shy guys to be a turn off, even if they're not ugly or fat, right?
It depends. I think shy guys are very cute, but I don't like it when I have to put forth all the effort. There's also a huge difference between shy and needy/clingy/insecure/emotionally unavailable.

My guy is shy and nerdy, but we've always been equals. He completely opens up to me in a way that he doesn't with others, and I love it. It makes me feel special.
>>
>>16713067
>>>/r9k/
Please stop polluting other boards.
>>
>>16712843
No. Shy guys are sometimes very interesting. when he then opens up a little bit its always suprising as if you were opening a presant very very slow. But I guess that not many girls see that and they just take the guy that is easy to talk to.. You need a good personality though otherwise its not worth it
>>
You could look like Brad Pitt, but if you're shy/weird, ordinary girls won't be interested. It's just the way it is. A lot of people will deny it hypothetically, but it's the truth.
>>
File: Incensed Negro.jpg (33 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Incensed Negro.jpg
33 KB, 250x250
>>16712843
I'm shy and have social anxiety from time to time, but hot girls show interest in me sometimes.
It's not the shyness that turns them off, it's the lack of initiative that stems from it.
>>
>>16714722

This.

If you're a little shy, but you still have enough confidence and initiative to engage with them and have fun with them, they'll love it. A cute guy who's just a bit shy (just a hint of boyish innocence) but is still confident in what he does and happy with his life will cause wet pussy in a 100-mile radius.

The problem is that most people confuse shyness with social awkwardness. Being shy means that you're a bit more guarded and reserved around strangers until you get to know them. When you're socially awkward and have a lot of social anxiety you clam up, second guess yourself constantly, and shrink away.
>>
>>16712843
"Shy" is like "Curvy". When other people describe you that way, it's a pretty big turn-on, but when you describe yourself that way, it's a dealbreaker.
>>
>>16715178

Maybe in the past that was true, but now curvy just means fat.
>>
it doesnt matter

only thing that matters is physical attractiveness. an ugly guy who is confident is boorish while a hot guy who is confident is charismatic, an ugly guy who is shy is creepy while a hot guy who is shy is mysterious

if youre hot dw about it
>>
>>16713232
i...i liked you and what you wrote

have a nice life, don't try to change us, love us for what we are
>>
>>16713067
Truth.
>>
It really depends on the culture. ..biologically women rely on confident men but we've transcend past that. Humans look for personality unlike most animals so the preference for liking shy guys is most likely a social construct due to the fact women are biologically dependent on a loud confident guy ..yes I do realize I am saying bullshit but it's just a thought and yes I can post bullshit if I want to
>>
Its not a *turn off* per se, but it does harm you IN COMPARISON.

Outgoing hot guy > shy hot guy

no girl will go AWWW I WISH SHY JACOB WAS HITTING ON ME RIGHT NOW INSTEEADDD when equally attractive but outgoing Kaleb is making her giggle and swoon with his charisma.
>>
>>16712843
shyness may look cute and endearing for some women but it can get old fast, because there's not much to build on if you keep to yourself most of the time.
>>
>>16712851
Not necessarily. Shyness can be expressed in a number of ways. Not all of which are feminine.
>>
Not OP.

I have the personality of a cardboard box so I'm definitely fucked, right?
>>
Shyness is just something people say to you when youre introverted abd ugly, if youre introverted and handsome nobody would bat an eye
>>
>>16715186
>Maybe in the past that was true, but now curvy just means fat.
That's more or less what I mean. People still use these terms in their original sense when talking about other people. But when you call yourself curvy, it means you're fat, and everyone knows this. Along similar lines, when you call yourself shy, it means you've got a serious social phobia, if you aren't an outright shut-in, and again, everyone knows this.
>>
>>16713232
Rekt
>>
>>16713067

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think she realized it consciously though.
>>
I'm into shy guys but I'm not rally the kind of girl you want to attract
>>
>>16716146
How so?
>>
I lusted after a shy guy in high school, but nothing came of it because I was shy, too. Then I lusted after a different shy guy, but nothing came of it because, again, I wouldn't make the first move either.

The shitty thing is that I found out years later that both of them were into me.
>>
>>16712843
Any women in this thread who say that they like shy guys means they like shy guys short term.
>>
Lol unreal thread so far. The difference depends on who's asking. You see a lot of girls say, "I like to date someone who has a sense of humor" This doesn't necessarily mean you need to be a comedian, but you just need to be able to make her feel comfortable around you. Same concept with shyness.

Typical guy thinks that cause he read online a girl wanted shy guys that, there are women out there who want a loner shut in, when in actuality is that they want a guy who will be a push over and not put his foot down.
>>
>>16713232
>Waiting for someone that actually likes you is cool

It most definitely isn't. Nothing in this world is for free, everything you have or want to have has to be earned and you have to work for it. Not everyone is born a "people person" that's a skill you have to be constantly developing in your entire life. There's nothing wrong with being introverted, but there's a big difference between that and being cowardly. A lot of tumblr age people are also self diagnosing themselves with things like "social anxiety" when in actuality they just never strive to be out of their comfort zones most of the times.
>>
>>16713232
>>16713067
Am I allowed to agree with both of hese posts?
>>
>>16713067
I agree with the sentiments expressed in this post.
>>
>>16713232
>Waiting

Waiting is a women's game, a guy that wait dies alone.

Fucking dumb cunts that have never had any problems in their life giving advice.
>>
>>16716217
I do. It varies from person to person. But from what I've observed, a fair number of ladies who dated Chads and eventually try to start dating guys who aren't total assholes did so because Chad made a move and they themselves lacked the self-confidence to tell Chad no. It's one of those situations where, really, EVERYONE except Chad loses.

>>16716167
I was a shy guy in high school, college, and clear through law school. Years down the road, a startling and wretchedly depressing number of girls I was into at the time have told me that they were into me. Long after that knowledge was of any practical use to me, of course. Naturally, I still lack the self-confidence to attempt to pursue anyone I find attractive.
>>
>>16712843
this is a misconception op. women don't know what to do with shy guys. women have the passive dating role, and men have the active. all these niggas saying u gota entertain the fuck outa her till she gives it up are beta orbiters trying to have the best compliment on her facebook selfies.
>>
>>16716787
take solace in your autonomy anon. It hurts something awful when you're just young and don't understand why u couldn't make the move.
>>
>otherwise attractive but beta shy guy
>can confirm.

The only time I get attention is:

a) before a girl gets realises I suffer from shyness
b) if I'm pissed and super confident
>>
>>16714632
same. my charisma is good, but I have classic introvert tendencies. I'm socially quarantined bc it takes time to figure this crap out.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.