[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of living if nobody likes you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1450228609153.png (3 MB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
1450228609153.png
3 MB, 1912x1072
What's the point of living if nobody likes you?
>>
File: 1453255637008.jpg (90 KB, 600x567) Image search: [Google]
1453255637008.jpg
90 KB, 600x567
>>16710968
Destroying the happiness of others
>>
File: jujubes.jpg (194 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
jujubes.jpg
194 KB, 1200x800
>>16710968
Who said there was a point?
>>
File: 1417901681786.gif (261 KB, 328x272) Image search: [Google]
1417901681786.gif
261 KB, 328x272
But anon, I like you
c:
>>
>>16710968
There isn't really, sadly, because goddamn evolution wired us to be "social creatures".
>>
Start liking other people and people will like you back because you're doing them a solid by fulfilling a basic need.

Well that may or may not be BS but it sounds good at least. Might be worth a shot. Depends on if you really want things to change.
>>
>>16710986
>Start liking other people and people will like you back because you're doing them a solid by fulfilling a basic need.
This.

There's a saying I heard a few weeks ago on here that went something like:
If one person you've met is an asshole, then that person is an asshole. If everyone you meet is an asshole, then you're an asshole
>>
>>16710968
Not much really, there's only so many things you can do by yourself and there's only so long you can do it for.
>>
>>16710968
Because eventually you will find someone who does and it is the best (also scariest) feeling in the world, dont give up i was alon for 20 yrs and found someone and I am an older guy and unattractive.
>>
>>16710968
>caring about the opinions of others
>>
File: Inspector.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Inspector.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Indulge whatever it is about life you enjoy.

>Evolution wired us to be "social creatures".

>>16710980 was right. You shouldn't care if one likes you as long as you aren't breaking any code of conduct and are holding a job. That's the minimal requirement of what you need to give back to society. Anything beyond that shouldn't be of concern.
>>
>>16711156
But what if it's holding me back from actually enjoying life?
>>
To extrapolate on that a bit more, it's unfortunate we've been essentially programmed to require approval of our peers, and it'll can to rework that instinctual mindset.
>>
>>16711168

Is it really everyone that doesn't like you? And why do you think that? There are just way too many people to not find someone that doesn't hate you.
>>
>>16711172
My family doesn't like me, or at least they dont show signs of it. I have work friends, but I never see them outside of work. I couldn't get a date to save my life (I'm not ugly, and yes, I've tried fat chicks) and even complete strangers are rude to me for no reason. Basically, I can say that I've never felt loved. Even the one relationship I've been in, where the girl furiously insisted that she loved me, never really showed affection.
>>
>>16711213

It's a shame to hear that. I'm sure you could find out why they hate you and address it if it was something you could control and you valued being liked enough. I wouldn't opt for that and, as simple as it sounds, would suggest to acknowledge that it's out of your power ( to the extent of not doing anything to hinder your lifestyle) to make people like you. It's important to fully come to terms with that if you were to before you found some alternative to enjoy life, because you don't want that to be something you avoid.
>>
>>16711258
Right. I guess I should mention that nobody really "hates" me as far as I know. I'm sure public opinion of me is actually quite good, it's just that I'm not really close with hardly anybody. It's a vicious cycle, to because ultimately I just want a girlfriend or some sort of romantic life, but no girl wants a guy that doesn't have a social life.
>>
like yourself. why do other people have to justify your existence? you are a person, shouldn't your self-opinion matter more than a stranger's?
>>
>>16711295

that's not entirely true. There will be some out there who loves you even without social life. Why don't you try to build one?
>>
To make others suffer you stupid miserable unlikable fuccboi
>>
>>16711213
>and even complete strangers are rude to me for no reason

That's how you are interpreting it. They don't know you from a hole in the wall.
>>
>>16711168
But it's not

>I think I'll go on a hike today
>oh wait I forgot no one likes me

The only thing stopping you is you
>>
take out soros before you leave
>>
Live a life of spite and revenge, taking immense pleasure against those who have wronged you.
>>
people dont make friends with people who give off a vibe of NEEDING said friendship. (unless if you are in fact me & have a massive messiah complex but anyway)

learn to love being a loner. hang out at coffee shops & bars- NICE ones, not dives, craft beer & shit- if you want to see people.

youll be mysterious. if you successfully learn how to embrace solitude, you won't take opportunities for friendship too seriously, which drives some girls absolutely crazy, and makes for a cool guy to hang out with.

tl;dr, seriously dont worry about it, dont try too hard
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.