[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is it okay and NOT creepy to talk to girls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: JUSTDO.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
I always feel like such a lecherous piece of shit when talking to women. I work as a research and statistics consultant for a university. Long story short, a senior student came in and asked me some questions about my job. She asked me not job related stuff to. I actually liked talking with her.

The WHOLE time while talking to her, I felt like a creepy piece of shit. Even though we were just talking basic stuff. I enjoyed talking with her, would it be creepy to message her on face book? Do you see anything ethically wrong with me talking to students in a more than friends kind of way or even dating the student body?

I worry about ethics because I consider myself a very ethical person. Help? Like, I don't know how to feel because I like talking to her but I don't want to be ethically incorrect.. I am only 2 years old than her.

FUCK! Why can't I meet women like this WHO DON'T go to fucking school where I work?
>>
When you're attractive.

lift bro
>>
>>16710776

Well the girl I was talking to seemed into me.. Or maybe I am looking at something that isn't there?
>>
>>16710536
>I always feel like such a lecherous piece of shit when talking to women.
That's what makes it creepy. When you're overly self-conscious and it's leaking out. You hesitate more, your body language gets confused and you end up smack damn in the middle of the uncanny valley.
>>
>>16710800
This guy hit the nail on the head. Showing confidence in conversation is huge, and really effects how people perceive you. Say every word like you mean it, as if you were ready to double down on it, shows you're not afraid. Women love that.
>>
>>16710807

Ultimately.. would it be creepy for me to message her on facebook? I feel like it would be.. as well as unprofessional?
>>
>>16710820
You're not a teacher, people meet at work and school all the time. Unless you are bound by policy not to go for it.
>>
File: 1441490981937.jpg (24 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
1441490981937.jpg
24 KB, 231x300
>>16710536
It's all in your head. I am the least qualified on the subject because whenever I talk or even in close proximity to any women, I feel creepy and menacing even though I am minding my own business and not doing anything strange at all. Anxiety about women creates all kinds of detrimental thought cycles in your brain. Think of it this way: I'm a man, she's a woman. We are both people. I have just as much right to talk to her as I do to the guy over there. I also have the right to hit on said girl at any point in time and the worst that can be said is "no" (or leaning towards the negative side). If you sense romantic vibes from her, all the more reason to at least test the waters to confirm or deny your suspicions. And if you fuck it up? Who cares? You do and she will for a very short time. But you can erase the main issue of "caring" from the source: you. As shitty as it sounds, not giving a fuck socially is the best thing a social person can do. The ability to test random social shit out on people and gather results to better yourself is an amazing way to go about socializing. If you fuck up, laugh at yourself and change your demeanor and actions accordingly.

This probably was incoherent as fuck but hopefully my message shined through my autism.
>>
>>16710823

I feel like there isn't a explicit clause but I feel like it might be some hidden shit.

For exmaple, in my job description, there is some vague shit like "... and other duties as needed". Which is like some fucking catch all or whatever. Makes me believe some other policies on campus might be some catch all shit as well.

Also, you are right. I have no academic power over students here.
>>
"Creepy" will usually mean that someone misjudges the distance between themselves and their conversation partner, leading to them making a comment or a series of comments that are considered inappropriate by the other. Like, I could be creepy by making sexual comments towards a woman I barely know, but I wouldn't be creepy if I made the exact same comments to a woman that I had sex with several times. It's the same as knowing what kind of jokes I can do with my friends and what kind of jokes I can do with strangers.

If you're having a normal conversation, no human will consider you creepy. Most people are quite easy to talk to, actually. You just need to catch them in a moment when they're open to talk.
>>
>When is it okay and NOT creepy to talk to girls?
Purely social situations are best. But in general, places they WANT to be (as opposed to places they HAVE to be) are good.
>>
>>16710536
>would it be creepy to message her on face book?

Yes, never contact a girl directly on Facebook if she hasn't orally asked you to.
>>
>>16710536

Stop being such a coward, it's bad enough you didn't ask her for her digits in real life, it's even worse that you can't send a damn online message.
>>
>Girl talks to me
>I'm in love with her
>will never find another girl that will talk to me
>she prefect because she talked to me.

Just meet more women.
>>
OK OP here.

Here's a quick draft of what I'm intending to write.

Dear 'Girl'

It was awesome talking to ya recently at [casual name for the building I'm in]. You seem like a pretty awesome girl and if you're' a'willing I'd love to take ya out for a quick bite to eat. I'll even pay for ya if you're lucky! :)

Hope to hear back from ya,
'Me'

How does this sound? I'm trying to sound fun and enthusiastic.
>>
>>16712540
Do it.
Screen cap it for proof.
>>
>>16712540
Change I might even pay to I might even eat you out if you're lucky.
>>
Good question op, I'm in a similar situation and need some adv.

Chatting this girl I met up online. Basically it started off as a sexdate. She says its her first time on a sexdate like this. I tell her its ok, we can just meet for a drink and get to know each other.

Few weeks go by. We are both busy so the meet is on hold.
We text frequently, mostly it is me engaging and she reponds with lols and yeahs. Frustrating as fuck. Think I'm getting bamboozled... Now this week, the week of the meet.. She engages in texts, she sends pics, she is interested.

Last night she texts saying she is nervous. I say its only normal, I have it too.. The good kind of nervous. She just reponds with a smiley, I ask if there is anything I can do, she says no, she'll be fine.

This morning I ask if she slept ok because of nerves, get a response "no" because nightmares. She says she is grumpy as fuck. I cheer her up with a joke and then stop texting, give her some space.

I seriously hope she isn't flaking. Are there more ways to get her to chill?

I'm not really wanting to come off clingy, I just want a decent fwb situation going on. Anyone with experience?
>>
>>16712540
You're using awesome twice, looks dumb. Otherwise it's fine.
>>
>>16712540

>Dear Girl

>It was awesome talking to you recently at [Casual name of building]. You seem pretty cool and I was hoping I could take you out to [brunch, lunch, dinner] to get to know you better. I am free on[whatever day you are free] this week.

Its a facebook message not a letter. It shows confidence (as you assume she will say yes) and doesnt sound creepy at all. Fun and enthusiastic on Facebook generally has a good way of backfiring and sounding creepy or cringy to girls.
>>
>>16712540
nonono

>You want to go out for a bite tomorrow?

That's all you want to say.
>>
>>16710536

check your schools policy. you arent a position of power so its likely okay. if i were you, id get some cards printed. easy to hand out and be like 'if you wanna keep the conversation going, feel free to contact me'.

thats what i do. makes it seem casual and lets you get back to work wehn need be.
>>
It's ok and not creepy if you're attractive. It's not ok and creepy if you're unattractive.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.