[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really need help /adv/. I think I may have just ruined my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
I really need help /adv/. I think I may have just ruined my life here. I'm a conservative who attends a very liberal school (Junior Year), and in my writing class the subject of the ghettos was somehow brought up. Trying to add to the discussion, I brought up the statistic that most gun crime in America takes place in the ghettos. My teacher didn't like that 'cause it wasn't very PC, and tried to shut me down with a warning tone in her voice, talking about how we need to bring love and tolerance to the ghettos so they can improve. This wasn't the first time she'd done this, but I was sick of everything I said being shut down and I just snapped. I told her that maybe if the ghettomen stopped mooching off of welfare, maybe things would be better for them. The extent to which this is true is debatable, but it doesn't really matter too much here. What's important is how they reacted to it.

It landed me in a whole heap of trouble. Teacher talked to the advisor, who talked to the principal. They e-mailed my mother, who was not pleased. We got in a huge fight. She said she didn't raise me to spout "hateful things" and that if I wasn't careful I could ruin my whole life by spouting "hate speech". We argued back and forth about this for an hour and a half before we both stormed off to our rooms.

What should I do /adv/? I'm scared. I'm scared I could get kicked out of school, I'm scared I could destroy my relationship with my family (which wasn't all that great to begin with), I'm scared that other students might tell their parents about this and that I'll end up in court through lawsuits brought by them. What should I do?
>>
This whole thing will blow over, but you really are dumb. Just keep the dumb to yourself in the future
>>
Here's some fucking sage advice for when you talk about the blackies: Think before you speak and if you have to speak, don't say it very loud.
>>
>>16692459
Women hate it when you're right anon
Unfortunately, it's an unpopular opinion, & you should keep it to yourself, or be in danger of being labelled a bigot.

However it is nice to see that I wasn't the only person born conservative, most people don't get that way until the government starts taking too much of their money.

Buy lots of guns as soon as you can anon and live a happy and productive life, that really makes the libs mad
>>
claim that you had a shizo episode. then claim "freedom of speech". then deal with having zero friends and being hated by every teacher. why are you so fucking dumb anon? is it because of your "conservative upbringing"?
>>
>Trying to add to the discussion...
When were you trying to add to the discussion? What was being discussed and how as your point relevant?If the discussion was about how to improve the quality of life in ghettos then you are were not adding anything to the discussion. You were hijacking the discussion for the purpose of saying negative things about people you don't like.

>My teacher talked about how we need to bring love and tolerance to the ghettos so they can improve
Your teacher was right. She may be an insufferable cunt but it doesn't mean she's wrong, she can also be right and you should agree with people who are right even if you don't like them. Every part of society is improved with love and tolerance. You should have immediately agreed on the spot that the ghetto situation would be improved with more love and tolerance. You should have said that it's what you were trying yo say. You should have said that you wanted to bring awareness to a problem that innocent people faces in the ghetto. You were given a chance to unfuck yourself. You should take it next time.
>>
>>16692534
>Every part of society is improved with love and tolerance
That probably isn't true. I would not want to show love and tolerance to rapists, nor murderers, nor anyone else who does harm that cannot be undone. While what OP said was certainly not fair or helpful in any way (making a general statement about a large group of people) saying that "Everything can be made better through love and tolerance!" is very simplistic and almost naive sounding. Can most things be made better through love and tolerance? Yes, but certainly not every part of society.
>>
>>16692459

ITT: Things that never happened.
>>
>>16692576
I would also like to add that it is bad to show love and tolerance to people who do irreparable harm because their actions shouldn't be tolerated and they shouldn't be loved. Their actions shouldn't be tolerated because of the immense pain they bring when performing their actions. Unless you wish to assume they are incapable of making their own choices, they know that killing people will bring harm to others.
>>
File: delicious grandma.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
delicious grandma.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>16692576
I'd like to believe that anyway
>>
>>16692534
Love and tolerance dosen't feed people, taxation does.
Stealing your money at the point of a gun is what your liberal neighbors do through politicians - that's why we pay taxes to so people aren't dying in the streets in ghettoes.
Funny how we never have enough money to take care of disabled veterans, or money enough to keep medicare & social security afloat, but we always have money, housing & food stamps for the poor.
>>
>>16692583
I don't blame you anon. I would want to believe that everything can be made better by that too. Kind of like I want to believe in Karma or that bad people ultimately get what they deserve, but I don't think that reflects reality.
>>
>>16692586
Well if those people started starving there might end up being riots/troubles (Not trying to defend rioting and civil disruption because of starvation, but it is a very natural response) which would probably cost more to suppress than it would to just give them bread.
>>
>>16692459
Man up and own your views that are actually based on facts
>>
>>16692600
They just riot in & burn down their own neighborhoods
It speeds up the process
>>
File: smac morgan.jpg (2 KB, 119x142) Image search: [Google]
smac morgan.jpg
2 KB, 119x142
>>16692586
>but we always have money, housing & food stamps for the poor.
why are you pretending that those programs haven't been drastically cut in the past 2 decades? Are you ignorant, or purposefully ignoring things that don't conform to your world view.

A better question would have been why did we have $1,700,000,000,000 (1.7 trillion) for the Iraq war. A conflict that destroyed a nation that was no threat to us, strengthened Iran, created ISIS, killed hundreds of thousands of civilians, thousands of american soldiers are dead or scarred for life, and severely destabilized the region and the globe, all just to make a few well connected elites here in America OBSCENELY wealthy. Yet we don't have money to rebuild our infrastructure because you know the national debt and all that.

stop being a sheep who blindly follows everything /pol/ tells him please
>>
>>16692609
That may be the case when they are just angry over a shooting (Which in the cases I've looked into the shootings were justified), but in cases where it is because they cannot feed themselves there is a reasonable possibility of them going to search for food in rural communities or wealthier neighborhoods. Rioting out of anger should provoke a different response than rioting out of desperation. Whether it would or wouldn't actually happen that way I can't be certain.
>>
>>16692459
You're in high school.

You're too young really for many political ideologies and your mind will change over time. I used to think I was communist in a state full of conservatives because it was "cool" and I was being a rebel.

Frankly you're not in too deep of shit. You're not going to end up in lawsuits over this if you said "gettomen". Its free speech.
>>
>>16692586
You benefit enormously from living in a stable society where people aren't dying en masse in the streets. Most people who are actual adults realize this, if they don't get sucked into /pol/ or Ayn Rand novels before they get there. If you don't want to give back a little to help maintain the society that has given you *everything*, then drop off the grid and go be a hermit in the mountains somewhere and stop benefiting off the hard work of the people who are mature enough to freely give a portion of what they earn instead of having to be fucking forced.
>>
>>16692622
I am confident that wealthier neighborhoods can adequately protect themselves, consider the Koreans during the Rodney King Riots.

>>16692618
I don't remember promoting any foreign wars, stop projecting your bullshit onto everyone, I'm a libertarian conservative not a faggot repulican.
Republicans are just as bad as liberals, they just move slower
>>
>>16692534
Ya m8 nice… I have this fucking crazy raccoon in that comes to my yard and fucks everything up at night. All I have to do is show it some love.
>>
>>16692660
Aren't you in high school? You're not 18, are you? It shows in the way you think and express yourself too. You shouldn't be on this website. It's for adults only and the rule is taken seriously.

You'll be fine, refrain from using the word 'faggot' or 'ghetto' as an adjective in the future and you won't get kicked out of school, and if they ask you, swallow your pride and say you're sorry if you offended anybody. This isn't a real problem, and you shouldn't be wasting anybody's time with it, or roping anybody into debating your teenage politics. Come back in a year or two. For the time being you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>16692660
Even if they do protect themselves, it would cost money in regards to productivity. I am not saying that the wealthier neighborhoods wouldn't be able to protect themselves. I am saying that the better way to protect themselves is to appease them with bare sustenance to avoid the conflict in the first place. It would, most likely, save money to not have rioters causing conflict in these wealthy neighborhoods which is what the state would be making decisions based off of, whether it is the "moral" decision or not.
>>
>>16692660
Dude you're not old enough to make opinions of what you are. You should wait till you are 21 to do drugs, politics and religion. Get the whole picture and don't listen to what 4chan, the talking heads, fox, cnn, or anyone else says. Experience shit for yourself.

If you want to talk about the poor start spending time in a food kitchen. Don't talk from a position of inexperience.
>>
>>16692586
>taxation is stealing
lol

death and taxes amigo, you'll get used to it
>>
>>16692653
Every now and then you have to clean out your gutters, its just life.

I do not use coercion to make money, people with cancer, willing come through my door and ask for help. I provide a service, it is not cheap, but generally considered better than the alternative. My company has plenty of competition, yet we remain in business, because what we do, we do well.

I pay more than my "fair" share of taxes, it gives me the right to bitch about it, weither you like it or not.
>>
>>16692681
You must be confusing me with the OP, I haven't been in a high school this century
>>
>>16692693
You're not 18 yet. You don't pay shit.
>>
>>16692699
>I haven't been in a high school this century
>I'm a libertarian conservative not a faggot repulican.
Oh. Oh dear.

Yeah, I think I'm done here.
>>
>>16692688
Funny enough, I came from a poor family, went to over a dozen schools due to my parents inability to keep a roof over their heads. However, I came out on top.
I know plenty about being poor, especially the working hard part.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>16692459

>I'm scared I could get kicked out of school
Who wants to be in a circlejerk school like that anyway?

>I'm scared I could destroy my relationship with my family
its harder than such a thing to ruin relationship with family

>I'm scared that other students might tell their parents about this and that I'll end up in court through lawsuits brought by them
If you are under aged, which I assume you are, you shouldn't be very scared of court...

You can only be conservative like that on the internet when you are anonymous, the world is cruel.
>>
>>16692700
I payed more in taxes last year than most.
I could have bought a nice new car or put my children in private school for what I payed.
>>
>>16692653
>>16692618
>>16692600

These motherfuckers get it.

The rest of you insufferable conservative cunts can choke on each others ignorant tiny dicks.

OP is in fucking high school. He thinks he understands what is going on in the world and that he can give a one sentence explanation that sums up centuries of history and multiple factors that play off of one another to make the situation with African Americans what it is today.

You are an ignorant little shit OP.

Read several books on the subject starting with history of slavery in the United States. Read up on the African civilizations like the Malis and the Zulus. Read up on the geography of Africa that contributed to them being mostly inacessible to the European and Asian continents by trade below the Sahara. Read up on similar civilizations like Ancient Indian, Mayan and North American civilizations for comparisons.

Go back to the freedom of slaves in the US and institutional racism. Learn about the history of drug laws and their roots in minority suppression. Read up on the civil rights movement and what led up to it. Read up on how poverty pollutes the society and the culture.

Become informed and an intellect and then feel free to go against the grain and have an unpopular opinion. Until then you are simply not qualified.

Hope you grow up some day.
>>
>>16692708
You
Aren't
you
haven't
worked
hard

What kind of jobs have you had? Mowing the lawn?
>>
>>16692708

There is a difference between being poor and being in poverty.

Poverty is a mindset. It pollutes and infects societies and families with poor morals, values and self worth.
>>
>>16692721
Nice bullshit there.

"Poor is an adjective related to a state of poverty, low quality or pity."
>>
>>16692459
>voicing your opinion in public high school
>expects anything else
>>
>>16692721
Choked on my coffee
>>
>>16692687
Providing enough in food stamps so that families sell what they don't use for 50¢ on the $1, so they can buy booze or drugs sounds like a great idea to keep the masses appeased.
Personally, I would reduce all welfare programs to the able bodied by about 5% a month, starvation is a good motivator...

I have no problem with helping the elderly (they generally have already paid into the system) the mentally incompetent and children also deserve help imo. The disabled should fall into two categories, one would have aid, if they were disabled through no fault of their own. Those that became disabled through their own stupidity shouldn't get anything.
>>
>>16692715
Anon I am a conservative (>>16692600) to be exact I just understand that these things are complex. Culture has a lot more to do with success than people realize and some cultures are better at promoting the values that lead to people's success. I really hope you aren't one of those "All cultures are equal" idiots.
>>
>>16692692
You think it's voluntary, wait until you don't pay.
>>
>>16692459
>Teacher talked to the advisor, who talked to the principal. They e-mailed my mother
You're in high school... hu?
>>
>>16692753
when did I imply that it wasn't
>>
>>16692748
That seems like a somewhat well thought out idea now you just need to crunch the numbers and make it an official looking plan to make it thoroughly thought out. I have no problem with people making arguments and proposing solutions as long as they can provide good reasoning behind it. We should consider all ideas.
>>
>>16692719
I have worked in rental centers
Delivered newspapers, waited tables, worked in hardwood floor manufacturing, worked on farms and joined the Army before I turned 20, by the time I was 24, I was fully vested in social security.
I have since worked in hospitals, and medical centers
>>
>>16692753
Sorry anon, it sounded sarcastic on this end
Didn't think you were in agreement
>>
>>16692719
And I mowed enough lawns as a kid on an Air force base, to wear out 2 lawn mowers (back when you could still buy regular gas (with lead))
>>
>>16692750
Somewhat liberal here.

I agree that not all cultures are the same. Their worth depends on the individual (Example: Koreans think of Japanese differently than they think of Chinese). South African culture is different than African American culture. Everything is different.

Would you agree that OP needs to grow up before he starts spouting shit? I mean look at it this way if you knew a 16 year old kid who started spouting a ideology like Nazism or Stalinist bullshit would you support him?

He frankly needs to deal with poor people and do some hard work. I'm a welder. I'm not poor by any means but I've worked at soup kitchens, and worked at a homeless shelter for years. I honestly think that should be a prerequisite before talking shit about the poor. You see a lot of sad stories and more often than not the people I see aren't "gaming the system" they're just trying to survive.
>>
>>16692767
Thanks, but I'm no politician (lying assholes), just an asshole that generally speaks my mind
>>
>>16692770
>Teacher talked to the advisor, who talked to the principal. They e-mailed my mother

>I'm 20

Pick one
>>
>>16692792
I'm not OP
>>
This kid, who's probably never had to work for anything in his life, and never had to deal with people who have nothing, has an ignorant viewpoint about something he knows literally nothing about. This is so surprising!

I hope life kicks you in the ass, kid. Actually I hope this is a troll thread, but I don't think it is.
>>
>>16692785
I don't think cultures worth are really that subjective. The way they are valued can be subjective, such as preferring being reserved so therefore liking Eastern Asian cultures. That doesn't mean they are worth the same. A culture's worth should be decided based off of reason. If a culture promotes violence, destruction of knowledge, and the mistreatment of individuals based off of arbitrary things (Such as the color of skin, which is different than mistreating someone because they bring harm to others), then that culture is inferior to others because it lowers the amount of happiness for the society.

I disagree with you on OP "stop spouting shit" as well. I think OP should spout shit. I think he should make his opinions clear so therefore he DOES learn things and form his own opinions. You don't learn things and gain perspective by keeping your ideas to yourself. It is the reason I love this site. People will say all sorts of things, right or wrong, and all those opinions, lies, and facts will give me reason to look into things and try to better my own knowledge.
>>
>>16692785
In fact by implying that Nazism and Stalinist beliefs are foolish, you are implying that the culture brought up by those beliefs are worse than ones that promote openness and equality
>>
>>16692817
>ignorant
This is [current year] level of discourse.
>>
>>16692839

See the problem I have with that is he might not LEARN anything. Often times I've learned the more you talk the less you listen.

Let me give you a example (Scientologists). They constantly talk, reinforce their own opinion and never acknowledge that they could be wrong. By having a circle of friends that believe the same thing spouting the same shit and constantly avoiding "what if I'm wrong" people avoid independent thought.

The other view is that OP will eventually get what is coming to him. If you touch too much fire you'll eventually get burned.

Unfortunately not everyone gets the hard knocks in life that they need to understand and perhaps OP won't learn.

>>16692845
Nazism and Stalinist views are generally political ones IMO. Regardless it was mostly used to provoke a reaction because most people dislike Nazis and Stalinist views. I could have easily said Feudalism or Neoreactionary views.
>>
>>16692904
I wish we had fucking a feudalist party (the "Dark Enlightenment" absolutely does not count.) I wish I'd been a feudalist in high school instead of being first a communist, then a libertarian. Would have saved me a lot of embarrassment down the line.
>>
>>16692923
I can imagine you riding down the halls with a man with coconuts clapping behind you.
>>
>>16692904
You are correct, he might not learn anything if he just talks to people similar than him, but he could just as easily continue to be close-minded by himself. He should focus on keeping an open mind to new ideas. That doesn't mean blindly accepting everything that comes your way, but he should be able to explain why a belief or opinion is wrong or right. If he wants to avoid critically thinking about his and others' views he can, but he also shouldn't be surprised if people explain to him why he's wrong. However if those people attack him rather than his views then they are in the wrong because they are no longer critically thinking and are instead taking his views as an insult when they may or may not be.

Nazism and Stalinist views are political in nature, but that doesn't mean they don't also reflect a culture. Doesn't Feudalism also reflect a culture as well? In fact feudalism lead to feudal societies and neo-reactionary views are still influence culture with things such as modern day monarchists and what not. When a set of political beliefs becomes dominant within a society it can create a culture or perhaps the culture creates the political beliefs/society?

Anyways that is a discussion more fit for /his/ or /pol/.
>>
>>16692942
Of course I'm just saying what my dad said in the past.

"Keep your mouth closed and your ears open".

It just seems to me a bit too early for him to be "set" on political views. He needs to experience life more.

As far as that goes, I would probably talk to you about it but not in /pol/. That place is a shit pile.
>>
>>16693006
/pol/ can be pretty shit.

No one should ever be "set" in their beliefs about politics. That is a poor decision because new information is constantly spreading and should be considered.
>>
>>16692459
http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-38-think-as-you-like-but-behave.html
>>
File: 1360027983380.jpg (21 KB, 274x323) Image search: [Google]
1360027983380.jpg
21 KB, 274x323
>>16692459

You can't be censured for having an opinion. If you are somehow (you won't be) then sue.

Don't be a little bitch. If you are going to spout retarded shit at least stand by it.
>>
You'll learn who to share your opinion with as you get older. This will blow over, most people don't care what your opinions are. They can't follow current news for more than a week, so they sure as hell will not eviscerate you for your opinion any day soon.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.