[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IS the name Gangrel an acceptable name for a boy? I just love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7
File: gang.jpg (7 KB, 198x141) Image search: [Google]
gang.jpg
7 KB, 198x141
IS the name Gangrel an acceptable name for a boy?

I just love the game Fire Emblem awakening and dream of naming my first born son Gangrel after a character in the game.

Does that sound decent to you /adv/? I'm 95% certain I'm naming my son that.
>>
File: gangrel.jpg (21 KB, 387x447) Image search: [Google]
gangrel.jpg
21 KB, 387x447
It is if he looks like this
>>
If I were your son and you named me Gangrel, I'd make sure you wound up in a nursing home
>>
The fucking autism of this post
>>
>>16690936
jesus if i named my kid gangrel I'd probably bully him myself
>>
>>16690936
Gangrel? I suppose it's an okay name, but he's gonna get made fun of, and be constantly asked what the origin of his name is, and what it means.

>"My dad named me after a shitty old video game. Lame, huh?"
>>
I personally like it, but I don't think the kid will. From my experience, strange names like that are only liked by the parent; the kid has no attachment to it so to them it's just weird and alienating.
>>
>>16690936
Name him Frederick instead, sounds way cooler and it's an actual name that happens to be in that game.
>>
Why would you give your kid a name that could easily be made fun of by bullies?
>>
nooo wtf is gangrel pick a nicer name PLEASE if my father named me gangrel i might assassinate him in his sleep
>>
>naming your kid after one of the shittiest characters

Jesus OP, you could've at least picked someone cool.
>>
Naming your son after a fictional character is only acceptable when there is plausible deniability.

In your case, I'd be more worried about people thinking you'd named your son after the clan of vampires in the World of Darkness games. The wrestler's name comes from there, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Fire Emblem character's name did too.
>>
>>16690936
>implying you'll ever have kids
>>
Honestly OP, and I'm just being straight with you, name him "Chris."

Your welcome.
>>
the answer to your question is "no".

We cannot stop you, but you are setting a child up for failure if you name them that.

A compromise: give him a normal first name, and use Gangrel as the middle name. I actually think it sounds fine as a middle name, and it's not something that people will think twice about because lots of people have weird middle names
>>
>>16691011
This. OP do better. Make it a middle name.

Unless you've already selected "Lord Voldemort" or some other weird shit for that.
>>
>>16690997
This, ive always like Isaac clark, and so plan on naming my son Isaac, its a nice name too, better than some weeb animu character name
>>
>>16691080

Isaac sounds Jewish, so if you are Jewish good for you, but if you are not either you or your son might be annoyed by people constantly assuming he is Jewish.
>>
I visited a relative in a very hippy area. The local lily white American hippies nearby had given their children such names as:

>Zevulon
>Flower
>Chao Chao
>Rainbow
>Atilla
>Commune
>Earth
>>
>>16691086
Hispanic. He might get teased or made a leader if my future wife agrees to the name "Isaac Picard"

>>16691098
In hawaii, people give their names something stupid like ocean or something in hawaiian. Nothings funnier than seeing a white lady call out for her son KealeƔa
>>
>>16691098
I hope Atilla took up his namesake's bloodlust and went Hun on his parents.
>>
>>16691080
I named my dog Isaac Clarke. Got him from a shelter. Suits him much better than Bronco... all I pictured was OJ.
>>
It doesn't have a pleasant ring to it. It doesn't sound manly. It sounds like gollum. Is that whay you want?
>>
>>16691152
Bronco sounds weird for a dog

>>16691157
It sounds like "ganggirl" when i read it outloud. If op names the kid that, well know his future position at drinking parties
>>
>>16691167
Names with g are hard to pull off in general. Just imagine having to scream "oh fuck yes, gangrell i'm cumming!".
No. Just no.
>>
>>16691176
Only good vidya name with a g is either Gordon or Geralt. But damn anon that made me kek out loud
>>
>>16691180
I'm really sorry, but i assocciate those names with shy, insecure, very pale, extremely malnourished, nerdy man-children. I can't help it.
>>
>>16690936
You're actually picking the worst title of the series.
Why not play some better Fire Emblem titles and name him Hector or Roy, those names (and characters) are way better.
>>
Nigga hector is the only resonable choice bro

That guys dope as fuck
>>
Cut your balls off OP, you're considering naming your kid after a minor villain in a video game. Take this shit to /v/ where it belongs. The only advice I have for you is don't breed and don't trust any woman dumb enough to let you stick it in her.
>>
>>16691516
And what are you planning on naming your kids?
>>
>>16691411
/v/ loves being edgy when it comes to fire emblem and hating anything that becomes mainstream or popular.
>>
>>16691411
I guarantee you when fates comes out you'll be claiming that is the worst, there is a faction of fire emblem fans who always hate on the newer ones and think the old ones will always be the best without giving the others a chance.
>>
>>16690964
Top kek
>>
>>16690936
I like the name ganrel.
>>
>>16692566
do you want to get punched?
>>
I can hear the insults now. I would not be surprised if he gets the nickname "Gangrene">

It's a good name for a pet but not for a kid. You want to give a kid a good name that means something important or has a special significance, but you also want to keep the bullying factor in mind. If you give a kid a name that could lead to bullying you better have a damn good reason for them to have that name, and a reason they could appreciate.
>>
>>16692439
>>16692447
Thats for every fandom on earth though
>>
File: conqueror.jpg (630 KB, 2169x1545) Image search: [Google]
conqueror.jpg
630 KB, 2169x1545
>>16690995
seriously, name your son the conqueror
>>
>>16691080
>>16691086
From the Hebrew name י֓צְחÖøק (Yitzchaq) which meant "he laughs". Isaac in the Old Testament is the son of Abraham and the father of Esau and Jacob. As recounted in Genesis, God tested Abraham's faith by ordering him to sacrifice his son, though an angel prevented the act at the last moment.
As an English Christian name, Isaac was occasionally used during the Middle Ages, though it was more common among Jews. It became more widespread after the Protestant Reformation. Famous bearers include the physicist and mathematician Sir Isaac Newton (1643-1727) and the science-fiction writer Isaac Asimov (1920-1992).
>>
File: attila.jpg (418 KB, 1663x1504) Image search: [Google]
attila.jpg
418 KB, 1663x1504
>>16691098
>atilla
>not a 10/10 name
>>
>>16691110
mahallo
>>
>>16691098
It's Zebulon you fool and it's a Biblical name.
>>
>>16690936
gangrel
gang-gruh l, -ruh l]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun, British Dialect.
a lanky, loose-jointed person.
a wandering beggar; vagabond; vagrant.

Why the fuck would you want to name your kid a word that literally means beggar or vagrant. trouble making homeless person

I really hope you never have a son, because the fact you want to name some one this suggest you're retarded and incapable of raising a child successfully and having them turn out well.

Kind of like how blacks name their kids a bunch of crazy ass shit, one time i heard a negress talking about wanting to name her baby some examples were, voluptuous, desire some other shit i can't remember.
>>
>>16691180

Geralt is a book character, not a video game character
>>
>>16691516

I mean to be fair I'd name my daughter Tifa. I really like that name.
>>
>>16690936
I think the name Gangar after the ghost pokemon would be more appropriate.
>>
>>16690936
You should name your child Gregory Gangrel Garnet last name

Gregory after Greg Brady
Gangrel after Gangrel of FE
Garnet after Princess Garnet of Final Fantasy
and last name after your last name.
>>
>>16690936
Sounds like you hate your son and want him to be bullied.

Why half ass it? Just name him cockmongler and be done with it.
>>
>>16690936

Why not Ventrue or Tremere already then?

Fucking Tzimisce if you REALLY wanna fuck up both his life and never be able to pronounce his name.

Or actually... Just name him Malkav.
>>
File: Validar.jpg (10 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
Validar.jpg
10 KB, 188x269
>>16693221

Because cockmongler doesn't sound cool like Gangrel. I want to name my son something cool and unique so that when I call his name in a crowded room no one else turns around.
Also if Gangrel doesn't work for some of you what about the names

Validar or Walhardt?
>>
>>16693276
Can't tell if this is a joke, or if two high functioning autistic actually managed to figure out reproduction.

Your son will literally hate you, go by a different name, and refuse to even look at you when you call him by any other name. Every time someone mocks him in school it will drive the notion that you are the single reason he is unhappy deeper and deeper into his skull until he turns 18 and runs away.
>>
Different anon here but would it be okay for me to name my future daughter Vidalia after the onion? Since I was a wee lad I have always loved Vidalia onions and would like to name my daughter Vidalia.
>>
>>16690964
Lmao
>>
>>16693346
Read answer above your question. He says it best.

Oh, yeah, plus you're an idiot. How do you like that name?
>>
>last name is Crusher (really)
>always known I was going to name my firstborn son Titan after the planet
>hey cutie, what's your name?
>well, it's ... Titan Crusher ;)
>and he will be the best man ever
>>
>>16690936
do not do this
your child will hate you
>>
What about naming your kid a name from a country they have no relation to
There's some Russian names I think are cool but the most Russian I am is am is some ancestry in a certain ex Soviet country
Though people do say I look eastern european
>>
>>16693390
That's not even a funny joke... Oh you're being serious. I feel sorry for you and your kid. Can you pass autism onto your children?
>>
>>16693440
Stay mad
I think it's awesome
>>
>>16693390
Titan? I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Give him a name with some history, like maybe Wesley or something.
>>
>>16693384
What's wrong the with name Vidalia?
>>
>>16693390
Isn't there a person on Star Trek named Crusher?

>>16690936
I wish my last name was Shrugged so I could name my son Atlas, that would be the most epic name ever.
>>
>>16693580
Not. One. Thing.
IF YOU'RE AN ONION.
>>
Does /ad/v think the name Almeda sound pretty for a girl?

>>16693511
>give him a name with some history
>Wesley

Are you referring to the Dread Prince in the Princess Bride?
>>
>>16690936
It sounds like the name of a monster.

Also
>shitty character
>>
Would it sound gay if I named my son Stonewall?
>>
>>16693580
>>16693586
Vidalia is actually the name of the town/city that that particular strain of onion became popular. You'don't be naming you child after the place, not the onion.
>>
>>16693777
>you'd
Not
>you'don't
>>
I don't care what anybody says I'm going to name my son Garland and my daughter Talula.
>>
>>16693904
I'm going to name my son Assblaster
>>
>>16693582
Apparently. I'm not naming my kid Wesley though.
>>
>>16693912
Garland is actually a legit boy name. Google it. A boy a grade beneath m,e in highschool was named that and I always admired that name.
>>
>>16693920
I've never seen a man named Garland

What kind of gay shit is that?
>>
>>16693904
Isnt Talula a nigger name?
>>
I've always wanted a son named Cassander.
>>
File: Tallulah.jpg (11 KB, 220x277) Image search: [Google]
Tallulah.jpg
11 KB, 220x277
>>16693934
Are you crazy darling?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallulah_Bankhead
>>
>>16693953
This was meant for >>16693929

>>16693929
Do you know any black people with the last name bankhead?
>>
File: justgreat.gif (2 MB, 319x293) Image search: [Google]
justgreat.gif
2 MB, 319x293
Gangbang
Gangrape
Gangrene
Gayguy
Gaygirl
Gagdick
GargleCum
GotRaped

OP, I will personally bully your child and drive him to self-harm/suicide in order to prove how bad your decision making skills are.
>>
If my name was Gangrel I kill everyone.
>>
>>16693987
It sounds pretty. Imagine twin boys named Gangrel and Grendel. And then twin sisters, Gretchen and Guinevere.
>>
>>16693999
Isn't Grendel an established girl's name?
>>
>>16693999

>Guinevere

What
>>
>>16690936
hate it- throw it in as a middle name
>>
>>16694013
The beast grendel was a boy.
>>
>>16694016
It's a briotish name.
>>
>yo wassup gangrene
>>
>>16693929
>come on Eileen
>>
>>16693346
Is this a Steven Universe reference?
>>
>>16690948
And he spits blood.
>>
>>16693582

Shut up, Wesley
>>
>>16693980
OMg

Gadick

You gave an an idea for an awesome name but add an r after the d and before the i

Gadrick

How does that sound?
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.