[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divorce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 3242341234.jpg (40 KB, 496x568) Image search: [Google]
3242341234.jpg
40 KB, 496x568
My wife wants a divorce, after a short 2 years of marriage. She's cheated on me, and basically just been immature, and though it hurts, I don't mind moving on to better things. Neither of us want to end up solving this in a court, but I'm hung up on one thing - She wants to keep a new car I purchased after we were married. It's entirely in my name. I know she'd never be approved to continue paying for it, and I don't want to pay for her means of visiting her new boyfriends, I'd rather just sell the damn thing and pay down the remaining loan.

Is she allowed to ask for the car? I can't find what Canadian law says about specific stuff like this.
>>
File: 4713997-laugh.gif (3 MB, 355x201) Image search: [Google]
4713997-laugh.gif
3 MB, 355x201
>>16689429
>he fell for the marriage trap
>>
>>16689429
Sell it before you start the divorce.
>>
>>16689429
Bruh, she aint entitled to anything she cheated, tell her to go ask that other nigga to support her since she wanna go violate something as holy as marriage.
>>
>>16689434
this.

sorry about your luck, op.get a good lawyer, and remember what you have learned in this experience.
>>
>>16689429
if she takes the car she will never pay a note and if you don't pay it will be your credit that is damaged. If she wants the car so bad tell her to give you a lump sum.
>>
File: twYcxwd.png (227 KB, 826x1097) Image search: [Google]
twYcxwd.png
227 KB, 826x1097
>>16689429
>he fell for the marriage meme

marriage is nothing but a business contract and something that the lawyers use to milk you off your money. your lucky you didn't have kids like this guy and had to pay child support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCl9ita4Sd0
>>
>>16689731
That just screams of /pol/ and /r9k/ idiocy.
>>
>>16689753
So dispute it

Oh right you can't
>>
>>16689753
welcome to the real world not just /r9k/ or /pol/ idiocy but just "man up" right? take that gun of your mouth and just "man up" .Deal with the fact that your wife took your kids, house, is collecting alimony and child support while denying you any access to your children.
>>
>>16689664

I have to prove she's cheated. I know 100% she has, but short of hiring a PI, I might be outta luck.
>>
>>16689753
>This video of things that have happened is stupid and proves nothing.
Are you a woman?
>>
>>16689794
>this video of one instance of a guy getting fucked by the system is definitive proof that marriage is a scam.
Are you an idiot?

And I'm a guy.

>>16689771
This is not the norm.
>>
>>16689429
She's allowed to ask for anything she wants but that doesn't mean she is entitled to get it.

The car is a big problem. The title and finance can't remain in your name. Unless she buys the car from you, paying out your finance, then you need to sell it and split any money left over after the finance is paid out.

If you want to be generous let her keep the proceeds of the sale after the finance has been repaid. Under no circumstances leave it under finance with your name attached, so don't act as guarantor or co-sign.
>>
>>16689809
>one instance
>If I only see it once, it only happened once!
I bet you're for refugees too.
>>
>>16689825
OP here, I think there will almost certainly be a (small) amount of the loan left after the sale. But I'd rather have a few thousand dollars to pay instead of 20K
>>
>>16689826
Are you actually retarded?

I'm not saying it's only happened once in the history of time. You're throwing it out as proof that marriage is a sham, which is idiotic.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.