[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2284_69bd.jpg (154 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
2284_69bd.jpg
154 KB, 500x550
In short
>18
>2 yrs+ depression
>tried medication
>have no motivation whatsoever
>parents want to send me to a mental institution for evaluation
>dont want to

I just need to get my life together and get out of this house. I hase passions and in my previous expertise with many psychologists it's been said I'm intelligent above avarage. But it doesn't mean shit if I'm not smart and motivated enough to work for my future.
Maybe you know some good online programs/apps/webs that can help me not to be a looser.
Thanks in advance, hope ya'll having a good night.
>>
>>16689165
The mental institution will help you get your shit together.

Partially because it sucks so much that it will make you realize that each day is precious and your were wasting your life away.

But you need a serious wake up call like that, so don't fight it.
If you are able to just flip a switch and kick your ass in to motivation mode because of fear then you didn't really have depression in the first place
>>
> above average intelligence
Then don't do medication, we need people like you, and some medication has the potential to fuck you up!
>>
>>16689165
make sure you take some 'innocents' with you
>>
>>16689165

do you realize how contradictory you are?

>I want to get my shit together so i can start my life
>BUT I REFUSE TO GET TREATMENT FOR THIS THING THAT IS STOPPING ME FROM LIVING MY LIFE
>ANYONE GOT SOME MAGIC BUTTONS I CAN PRESS TO MAGICALLY FIX THIS.
>>
>>16689171
Thanks for replying. I guess I could still study there, maybe pass the next semester, get away but I'm afraid such drastic change can mess with me, it's no school trip after all but a big look at how fucked up I am and I'm no good at talking about my mushy feeling, would rather just do something to get on track and I dunno if that's the thing.

>>16689209
But they say it's endobiological, last psychologist said "theraphy won't do shit you gotta get under observation" and I don't know where to get my boost from if not the pills.
>>
>>16689237
Yeah I get it but I've been in treatment for about 2+ years and nothing really changed for better. I'm not asking for a fix I'm asking for resources/your opinion/advice. Thanks.
>>
>>16689251

my opinion is that these kind of treatments suck and that they are just a crutch. most treatments and therapies tend to just let you wallow in your problems by insisting you have them and that they are essentially out of your control.

what would make you happy? make a list. but be prepared to work for it. great happiness isn't something you are entitled to. you gotta work hard to get a good job, for instance. you gotta get through a dozen horrible relationships to find a really a good one. you have to experience pain before you can become numb to it.

the best way to live life is to live it, and my experience is that pushing yourself to enjoy it, especially the insignificant little moments you take for granted, makes all of life enjoyable.

but most people refuse to acknowledge help, whether it comes from 'treatment' or even from within.
>>
>>16689165
>backwards gen x parents trying to throw money at a problem
>I'm smart but lazy *tips*
>what can i read to prepare me to take action in my life
>courses
>guides
>apps
>support groups
>prepare prepare prepare
>never actually do anything

Jesus Christ those parents of yours need to give you one month to start paying rent or you're out of the house, and then follow through with it if you fuck up. We'll see how much 'muh depression' hinders you then you little crybaby.

Jesus Christ you're a cliché.
>>
>>16689264
that's a nice opinion. thanks.
>>
>>16689296
A professional says psychotheraphy isn't for me, I do other stuff, trying to live my life I'd say that's something.
I am paying them by doing most chores, they just want to see me happy and social. Also I literally said I am not smart just that I have potential, read up.
>>
>>16689165
Try Jesus.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.