[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do in my spare time instead of playing videogames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 4mcFP45sHe8.jpg (62 KB, 604x443) Image search: [Google]
4mcFP45sHe8.jpg
62 KB, 604x443
Im so done with playing videogames the whole day sitting in my room the whole day and hearing people whine on skype about dying in videogames and bugs, i want do something with my life and get somewhere in my life, but i dont know how. it makes me really depressive that i dont know what to do, playing video games is not fun for me anymore. what should i do on a daily base to get happy again. because right now i am not happy
>>
>>16688954
Ыoy цoyлд aлшaыc тpы мacтypбaтинг тo мидгeт пopн. Maыбe ыoy цoyлд гo poб a лияyиop cтope.
>>
Work out
>>
>>16688954
Coдoмизe ыoypceлф шитч a pycты фиcчинг книфe oн нaтиoнaл тeлeвиcиoн ЛOЛ
>>
get a job
who pays for your living
>>
>>16688954

so many people come here and say

>i am tired of my hobby
>i want to do something meaningful
>BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT

you know how incredibly contradictory that is? you're asking us to tell you how to be you at this point. i think your biggest issue is the happiness. its not that you need to find something to fill the void, but you have to learn what that void is.

you cant just keep trying to fill that hole with random crap. you've gotta learn what can make you happy internally, and that will give you the clarity of mind to go out and do the things that will be more enjoyable because of that.

all that nonsense being said, what do you want to do? if you have no idea im not sure what to tell you other than to make a list of everything you consider 'worth it' and trying them all out to see what you like best.

VC Andrews once saisd that she raid so many books that she couldn't ever read one again, and instead evolved to start writing them. i feel like i did much the same. read so many fucking books in highschool for fun, but like you with video games i stopped enjoying them. instead i started writing my own series.

so perhaps you should consider designing your own video game.
>>
>>16689073
I see what you mean. i really want to do something with music, and yes im learning how to play guitar. I also want to meet new people but i really shy at first so i dont go to alot of places on my own it upsets me really. and i know that just should go and do it. Sitting in my room the whole wont make me happy, i am sure that playing in a band or making music will make me happy.
>>
>>16689115

the best way to be fulfilled imo is to write out goals. for now you are learning how to play guitar, and thats great, but to stop yourself from burning out, look up songs you like and find out which ones might be good for a beginner to learn. make it your goal to learn that song. then another song, then another. and eventually you begin to understand music and can work on your owns.

thats better than just arbitrarily practicing randomly. its the difference between 'doodling' in your spare time, and working to finish your first issue of a comic.

>i want to meet new people

what kind of people do you want to meet? a lot of people think they need to go out to bars and clubs and shit to meet people, but thats weird. its okay to do that for hook ups, but not for friends. those are the places friends go to have a fun night. not to make friends.

instead, think about your interests, write em down, even if they seem to be a loner or inside activity.

then go to the craigslist local discussion and select al lthe topics that pertain to that, then scroll through all the ads and see what kind of events there are. a LOT of people and places use them as a way to advertise their local meet ups. your local book store might have a book club. your local game shop might have a magic the gathering drafting tournament.

while the interest may be a bit peripheral to what you actually do go anyways if there is some link. you might only like a certain part of geekdom, but a general geek meet up will still have people you can relate to. plus these people go to these events to interact with other people.

also, do the same at meetup.com
if ur towns at least a decent size you can easily find meetups, and if not, you can make your own! its areally popular site and the closer to the cities you are the more options you have. trust me, regardless of what your interests are, there are ways to at least meet people and talk about them
>>
>>16689154
Thank you this really helps me,
I want to meet new people who also enjoy music the way i do, i love to talk about music.
But i moved places recently and i want to meet people here who also enjoy talking about music.
>>
>>16689189

those site should help. its REALLY easie to meet other indie music people, or at least people who appreciate it. look around and you'll find guys like you at these events, and you might be able to find people to practice with and see where that goes.
>>
>>16689115
>>16689189
i'd say you should try to focus on music for a while, since it seems to be your main interest.

i too love music, and i can tell you starting a band or getting to be in one is easier tan you may think initially if you're dedicated and committed enough.

i'd recommend you go search for local meetups where artsy musicians hang out (should there be such a place where you reside) so you can socialize and meet people with common interests, since that's probably your best bet. maybe it's a little far-fetched if you're only now starting to act up on your "issue" though.

perhaps the easiest thing to do for now would be to keep practicing on your own while trying to get an idea of what style of band you'd want to be in/which genre you'd want to pertain to, if that's what you're looking for. try to get inspiration from others too.

also, look online. there are tons of sites where you can post band requests or to just go to concerts with like-minded people who might turn you on to new friendships, etc, etc.

the choices are endless, yet the choice is only yours. good luck. cheers!
>>
>>16689256

>i recommend you doing all the things you already responded to about doing
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.