[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ Potluck: Everybody's welcome!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1451456470054.jpg (25 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
1451456470054.jpg
25 KB, 500x466
Here, you ask a question about anything that's troubling you. Answer two other questions and help someone out in return!

Here, I'll start: What brought you to /adv/?
>>
I was hoping there would be some kind of general for mental health issues. I want to go to the doctor to find out if I'm crazy, but I'm scared for a couple of reasons.
>>
>>16688701
I had been browsing 4chan for a while and
/adv/ seemed actually beneficial to my daily life.

Here my question:
How do you keep motivated to study and work hard even though you are a chronic procrastinator?
>>
>>16688716
Have you ever tried a hotline? They obviously don't solve your problems completely but they can give you good advice and set you on the right track.
>>
>>16688716
Basically, everyone is to some degree kind of depressed (feeling down for no reason some days), anxious (afraid of meeting new people or going out or other harmless things), bipolar (feeling overly good about themselves some days and way down other days), but what matters is how much it affects your daily life. If it hinders you from doing what you want, if it hurts your social life, career or education, you might need professional help. Imho everyone could use to talk to a shrink now and again, so you don't have anything to lose from seeking help.

>>16688719
What helped me a lot is not giving a fuck about motivation. You won't feel motivated to do everything you're supposed to all the time. Get diciplined. Make a plan and keep to it. Learn to do things just because your plan says you should. For me, it's also been very helpful to pair my chores with something I like. I love listening to podcasts, but I only allow myself to do it while I work out or clean around the house, and it really helps to push me in the right direction.
>>
>>16688728
No. I'm not really comfortable with opening up with people firstly. Secondly, I'm worried that I'm not really mentally ill but rather deluding myself into thinking I am to avoid responsibility, and submitting to treatment means failing completely.
>>
>>16688701
I came to /adv/ because I have a huge stupid crush on a boy and it sent me into a sexual identity crisis (I had always considered myself a lesbian until now) and oh god I don't know if I wanna fuck him or kiss him
>>16688719
I installed self restraint which helped a lot
>>
>>16688843
My thoughts on this: don't get too hung up on it. I consider myself a purely straight woman, but twice I've fallen hard for other women. Something about them just makes my heart melt. I don't think too much of it, sexuality is complicated and you like what you like. If you think you might wanna kiss him, try it. It's your life and your sexuality.
>>
>>16688757
Thanks anon. I love podcasts as well so I'll try that.
>>
>>16688719
I think about the life I want to have in ten years. If I want to achieve my goals, then I need to be better than my peers. Look around you, and find a competitor; a rival. Whether it's a good friend or your worst enemy, that competitive dynamic will help you not only stay on track, but also help you improve.
>>
>>16688866
What's a good podcast to listen to while running?
>>
>>16688985
It honestly depends what you like. When I work out, I like to listen to music but any podcast that you can really focus on and listen to so you can forget about the burn helps.
>>
>Date girl almost a year
>Stressful shit in both our lives
>Break up because we weren't doing well for each other
>Pretty sure she found a new guy she likes in her dorm
>Avoid contact for a while
>Now forced to see each other because of college.

She's in one of my classes. I didn't really acknowledge her at all during class, but she waited at the door for me to walk out, got a coffee with me, and we caught up for like five hours afterward. We ended up getting into a few pretty deep conversations, about our fears, plans for the future, etc. Even when we were together we never got into topics like that every often.
A few of the things she said were just like, sad. They were all personal things kind of tied to why her and I broke up.
She said she feels like she keeps making decisions without looking at how they may affect her life. She asked if I ever feel like when I try to change something in my life I end up in the same place. She told me her biggest fear is never being content in life, and always feeling like there's better out there. All heavily tied to her and I.
And then at one point she just kind of laughed and said I seem like I've grown since the last time we talked. She said she "sees a new light in me", and that she hopes I follow it to happiness.

I really don't know how to take any of that. That was a few days ago. Since then she's been going out of her way to see me throughout her day, something she rarely did toward the end of our relationship. She avoids her other exes like the plague, but she keeps coming around me.

Not sure what question I have here, just wondering what you guys think of this/how you would handle it. Thanks homies.
>>
>>16688985
Tчe пeниc ин ыoyp acc пoдцacт бы Mp. дицкбyтт.
>>16688719
Уce Aддepaлл, op coмe oтчep cтимyлaнт дpyг ликe цoцaинe. Ыoy цoyлд тpы гeттинг чигч oн мapийyaнa op мyцчpooмc, op ЛCД.
>>16688716
Cтapт тaкинг пcыцчaдeлиц дpyгc тo цaлм ыoy дoшн.

Tимe фop мы яyecтиoн. Дoec a вoтep aппpoвeд мeacype, фop вoтep aппpoвaл eвep peяyиpe a вoтe?
>>
>>16688843
What's he like with you? Does he talk to you? Flirt with you? Have you gone out to do something with him? More details would help. Don't let this crisis thing get in the way of what might make you happy.

>>16688716
Is it better to know for sure than to worry about the, "what if"? Finding out for sure could be really helpful to yourself, moving forward.

>>16688719
Know that your future is determined by the work you put in the past. I can't help in this one much because it's something I also struggle with.
>>
>>16688701
what brought me to /adv/:
I realy just wanted to know what 4chan was exacly, I went through all the boards, and this one I liked the most, I stayed and I realy like giving advice, because I consider myself someone that has experience with alot.

I 'used' to be an autistic loser/nerd and I was once at the the edge of my life.. but I used the ladder to go down again. so I can say "i've been there".

now, I'm exualy reeaaly starting to get reaalyy succesfull with girls in general. I'm suddenly on dates with realy hot girls because I've figured out what makes guys attractive to girls, I've figured out women. I realy want to share what I know because nobody was ever able to help me.
>>
I browse /adv/ because I like to give advice sometimes and I also come here to ask for unbiased answers.

>>16688719

The idea of a better life. I'm resuming my studies, after a year of hitch-hiking and travelling across Europe, because after my studies I'll apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Australia.

As for my questions:

How do I make a move on a woman? I know it's an absurd question for a 22 year old guy. In 10 days time I will have a second date with this girl I really like. Last time we met she complained we "talked too much". Also, should I bring her a rose or is too clichè?
>>
>>16688701
>What brought you to /adv/?
/r9k/ was deleted and /adv/ opened in its place. Been here ever since. Mostly stick around for the qt3.14s.

>>16689078
You're putting too much weight on being used as an emotional tampon by your ex.
>>
>>16689149
How do you avoid the friend zone without being a one night stand?
>>
>>16689396
Keep them hostage
>>
>>16689283
bring the rose. Nobody brings roses to dates anymore, It will show you care, make you stand out, and be a detail for her to remember in the future. It will most likely make her smile
>>
>>16689444
Don't forget your katana and fedora
>>
>>16689446
kek

all because of a single rose? Would you rather OP bring a bouquet of flowers?

If he OP has 2nd date with her, she obviously is somewhat interested.
>>
>>16689452
flowers are for someone you're in an established relationship with
>>
>>16689454
Or could possibly want to be in one with. I'm thinking of it as a small gesture to make her smile, she can throw it away, or bring it inside to keep, doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1452636663657.webm (2 MB, 986x647) Image search: [Google]
1452636663657.webm
2 MB, 986x647
>>16689460
Maybe we have cultural differences here
>>
>>16689464
most likely
>>
>>16689464
>>16689460

Where do you guys come from? I'm the guy who posted the rose question. I'm from Northern Italy and am curious to see if there are really cultural differences between you two.
>>
>>16689467
From Greece now live in US
I would think in Italy a rose would be appreciated
>>
>>16689481
Murican
>>
>>16689464
top kek
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.