[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to save a shitty reputation? You ask a girl out, she says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1427140514390.jpg (75 KB, 1280x883) Image search: [Google]
1427140514390.jpg
75 KB, 1280x883
How to save a shitty reputation?

You ask a girl out, she says no. You ask another girl out, she has a bf. You ask another, she wants to be le single and have fun. Eventually you ask everyone in your class.
Girls usually talk among themselves about guys and shit and if you asked a LOT of them out and you were rejected every time because of various reasons, you will only be considered pathetic.
In this case, is there any way to save such a reputation?
I mean isn't it better to be on your own with no one to give a damn about you?
>>
>>16688238
Protip:
Don't date in the bowl you eat from.

Srs, dating with classmates is a bad idea. Ons are the best you can get, and even then it can be awkward.

You obviously have self confidence, why not go find them elsewhere like everyone else?
>>
What the FUCK is up with that picture
>>
>>16688243
>don't date with class mates
>don't date at work
>don't date from the gym
>don't hit up on girls on the street
Seriously, where the fuck am I supposed to date? I have like zero female contacts as it is... Man I'm like this close to just give up
>>
>>16688249
Go meet randoms. One of the primary reasons for the success of things like tinder is that if things go south, you never have to see them again.
>>
>>16688249
You can date from gym. Can get girls from other activities like (chess,art) clubs, or sport activities. There's a lot of gals at parties, chances are there's a few that are up for meeting new people.
Also you can date at work, just as long as you don't work together / see each other (like an intern for a month).
>>
>>16688246

I would like to know as well. It's hard to wrap my mind around it.
>>
>>16688254
I'm thinking of just trying with luck with the cute waitress from the bar I frequent. If shit don't work then at least we're not seeing eachother daily or live with eachother and shit.

IDK what I'm doing to be honest. It feels like I have to put 300% more effort into shit that most everyone else are doing naturally. Is it a sign that I'm ugly and that something not entirely right with me?
>>
>>16688280
LOL, you mean the waitress that gets hit on by 100 guys a day. best of luck anonfag
>>
>>16688291
well honestly the alternative is sitting at home. It's not like I have other things going on in my life than gym.
>>
Four questions for you, OP:
1) Have you ever continued to pursue a girl after she said she wasn't interested? This goes not only for girls in your class, but any incidents that they might have reason to know about.
2) Do you typically go out of your way to seem threatening or especially nonthreatening? This goes for outside-class things too, if the people in your class have reason to know about it.
3) What are your interests, and how do you go about expressing them in your day-to-day school life?
4) How are you at taking care of yourself? You're in school, so you have a certain amount of leeway here that people who aren't in school don't get. I'm not just talking about your body or your finances, though those do matter; how's your mental health, and how's your IRL social circle?

For now, stop asking girls out, IN THOSE CIRCLES, FOR THE TIME BEING. It's important to keep asking girls out, but do it outside those circles for now. You're in damage-control mode, and you don't want to risk damaging things further within the circles where yiu have a problem.
>>
>>16688305

Keep doing you bro. Eventually u'll get a hang of it.
>>
>>16688280
You should never hit on someone paid to be nice to you. Not because it's mean, byt because they're being paid to present an overly friendly demeanor that throws signals way off.
>>
File: Why-Are-You-Sad001.jpg (36 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
Why-Are-You-Sad001.jpg
36 KB, 500x322
>>16688314
>1) Have you ever continued to pursue a girl after she said she wasn't interested?

No. I mean every time I got rejected it was for fairly obvious reasons. Most of the time she already had a bf, sometimes she simply told me she wasn't attracted to be. I took it at face value. Maybe they just lie to get rid of me, but I have terrible luck finding single girls. Girls here are prone to get a long term bf and marry by 22 yo.

>2) Do you typically go out of your way to seem threatening or especially nonthreatening?

I am threatening by simply existing. As I said, I have almost nothing going on in my life so I go to the gym. I am also very tall. I considered this to be the no1 issue. Girls here seem to like short skinny guys

>3) What are your interests?

Not much. People I know are into computers and games which I find boring. I read and work on a book which I plan on publishing, but it's not like I go talk about it to randoms. Also, it's not like going to the library is going to help me much because people going there want to be left the fuck alone. I want a girlfriend to end this loneliness, and even I would be annoyed if someone would disturb me with trivial things during my lecture time.

>4) How are you at taking care of yourself?

I have enough money to get out once upon a time.... if I actually did. My social circle is theoretically there but one of my friends is the laziest person I know. He's fat and refuses to ever leave his home so we mostly skype (when he sin't playing games). Another friend I'm going to the gym with every day, but he's at work 12 hours a day and basically does nothing else but gym, work, home to sleep. The other 2 friends are too attached to their girlfriends. You basically have to beg them a week to go out once, and even then they are likely to cancel because gf stuff. Other people I know are merely acquaintances and not buddies. So yeah, basically no social circle.
>>
>>16688246
>>16688273
Trick photo. Notice that the picture is tilted: if you rotate it a bit, you will see that the back of the "tree" (or whatever the sculpture is supposed to represent) is hanging by a metal beam from something outsife the frame, probably the ceiling. The front of the tree is also supported by a pipe sticking out of the ground. The man is standing between them in a way that makes it look like he has been impaled.
>>
>>16688382

Thanks for the explanation. I knew it's not a real guy getting killed by a tree, I was just wondering if the photo itself is meant to be artistic or is it just some documentation of a tree and old people that just so happens to look surreal.
>>
>>16688382
I still see the front support going through his chest.
>>
>>16688381
>>16688238
In every circle of friends you can only ask out 1 (One) girl ever, because that information spreads and nearly every other girl you ask afterwards will automatically say no or lie, because for her she is only second best to the girl you asked first. Unacceptable for them.

Therefore you must find out, if a girl is single before you ask her anything that might be interpretet as interest.

If you get a good reputation among your social circle, girls will automatically try to be closer to you.

How you do it? I am not quite sure, but try to do good things for the popular people, be their tail if necessary. have something that people might like about you. Stoner and Party bros are always good company
>>
>>16688404
He's opened up his shirt to enhance the illusion, but the hole is too neat. notice the bog fork on the front of the branch: if that had actually gone through him, his shirt (and maybe his pants as well) should have been shredded.
>>
>>16688381
>1) Have you ever continued to pursue a girl after she said she wasn't interested?
>No.
Good. That's one of the fastest ways to get a bad reputation, but it sounds like you didn't do it, so we're cool on that score.

>2) Do you typically go out of your way to seem threatening or especially nonthreatening?
>I am threatening by simply existing.
That might be, but it's not what I asked: I wanted to know if you went out of your way. It sounds like you don't, so we're good here too. It may seem strange that going out of your way to seem nonthreatening might be creepy, but it runs the risk of looking fake.>>16688381

>3) What are your interests?
>Not much. People I know are into computers and games which I find boring. I read and work on a book which I plan on publishing, but it's not like I go talk about it to randoms.
OK. Then it sounds like we're good here. It would be a problem of you somehow expressed one (and only one) interest wherever you went, but it sounds like you're going the neutral route by expressing none, and that's fine. Expressing several at once can also work, as long as they can't all be mistaken for the same thing. But one is the loneliest number.

>Also, it's not like going to the library is going to help me much because people going there want to be left the fuck alone.
You're exactly right about the library. But bookstores can be surprisingly effective. You do have to avoid people who are just running errands, so the home-repair and cookbook sections are usually a bad idea, but you may want to try other areas.

>So yeah, basically no social circle.
Bingo. You need buddies, bro.

It can be an odd sort of balancing act. A girlfriend wants to be the most important person in your life (barring the occasional short-term crisis), but the sane ones don't want to be the ONLY person in your life. You said you're interested in reading and writing. Does your school have some kind of book club or literary club? That may help.
>>
>>16689176
Oh my god do not listen to this anon.

1) he's right about not pursuing girls who have rejected you
2) you SHOULD go out of your way to avoid being creepy. It's like a double consciousness. You need to anticipate how girls may interpret the situation if they find you creepy ex: walking to your car in the parking lot at night, if you walk too close to a woman, she may feel threatened. The same applies for normal interaction
3)you're not "good" here- you sound utterly boring. Always have 3-4 unique interests to talk about, otherwise it is difficult to develope a recognizable/desire able identity.
What kind of music do you like? What's your favorite book about? What's the best movie you've ever seen? Have good answers to typical "getting to know you" questions already planned out. Try to find consistency to develop your style. I have lots of guys who come after me and only want to hear about me and apparently have no fun or unique interests, which is super lame.
4) do not pick up chicks in the library. You're 99% guaranteed to "bother" someone if you strike up a conversation while they're trying to read or work or run errands. The best time to approach a girl is when she is doing something leisurely or waiting in line somewhere. Reading is something that demands people's full attention, which is why libraries are a bad idea
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.