[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On the couch with a cold. Got plenty of time to give well-meant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 236x354
On the couch with a cold. Got plenty of time to give well-meant advice for anyone who needs it!
>>
that is exactly what I am also doing.
>>
>>16688224
Isn't that what this board is about? Now this is my advice to you:
Give advice to people on their topics
>>
>>16688225

Get well soon then!
>>
Any advice for someone with psychosis NOS (similar to schizophrenia) going through a relapse? Already saw my therapist and psychiatrist, who upped my meds.

>inb4 stop taking your meds
>>
>>16688226

Some people don't want to make their own thread. Others might remember me from previous threads like this with the same image. Sometimes people appreciate these kind of "ggg" threads, sometimes they don't. Just wanted to point out I got plenty of time and attention for those who'd like it!
>>
>>16688235

This isn't my field of expertise, but I'd say definitely stay on the meds, and definitely stick to your psychiatrist. If you've been out of either of these for a while, it might require some patience before you'll actually notice a change.

Furtheron I'd say, keep in mind that relapsing in any way is natural, unfortunately. Old habits die hard. So don't worry too hard about it, and trust on the professional help you're getting.

Last advice, to anyone who visits a psychiatrist is, to be honest about everything you think and feel, so you can get the best help!
>>
Bamp for interest
>>
>>16688247
Thanks, this is pretty solid advice, although in my case a relapse doesn't have much to do with habit, or anything of choice really.
>>
>>16688358

Yeah sorry about that, while I was typing it I felt the word habit wasn't appropriate, though I hoped the saying would bring across what I meant !
>>
Cute waitress at the bar I frequent. How do I approach this situation?
>>
>>16688470

First make sure you talk to her, get in conversations about light-hearted stuff. Flirt a little. This way she knows you're interested. If she acts kindly back after a couple of visits, say you think she's great and that you'd like to take her out. She'll either say yes or no, based in whether she likes you or not.

Although I'm all for a direct approach usually, I think it might come across more natural if you show her deliberately you like her before you ask to get coffee (or dinner, or a movie, whatever). That way she can consider you as a dating option before you'd baffle her, spilling your heart how "you loved her from afar" (or something less dramatic)!
>>
>>16688375
Don't sweat it man, your intentions were good and that's all that matters. You wouldn't believe how many asshole are out there when it comes to talking about mental illness.
>>
>>16688551

Yeah, unfortunately! Well I appreciate you for appreciating ;)
>>
>>16688224
Should I aim for SF and then Delta, or get out and have my heart broken by some bitch while I go to college?
>>
>>16688224

WHAT COLOR IS THE BOATHOUSE AT HEREFORD
>>
>>16688628

Sorry, eurofag here, but never get your heart broken bij bitches, they ain't worth it
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 600x450
>>16688637

BLUE
>>
File: ButtersStotch.png (130 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
ButtersStotch.png
130 KB, 300x456
Living on my own for the first time. Have had a couple panic attacks regarding school, concentration, lack of friendships, etc. Have had an anxiety disorder for years, but it's getting worse on my own.

Advice?
>>
>>16688224
How do I being more wiser? I was so naive that I thought everyone was nice and all are good person. I think i lived this way for a long time now i think people used me because of that.
>>
>>16688669

I have no other answer than to seek professional help. An anxiety disorder isn't just tackled like that, and I can imagine it gets triggered now you need to rely on yourself more. There are plenty of tips, like get out more, build confidence by doing something you're good at, etc. But in the end I think looking into the cause of your anxieties and working them out is the only permanent solution.

Also good luck anon, and my love; it's probably difficult for you now. But keep in mind; in the end you're in a regular situation.
>>
>>16688677

You get wisdom by learning, by trial and error. You can be smart, but wisdom comes with time (and age).
>>
>>16688698
I know right but i think that it's only me not so wise while other (even younger than me) know what they should do and should not do. I don't know what to tell and not to tell people. I believe they are all nice if they are my friends. God damn I exposed some information that I should've not told anyone.
>>
I'm constantly belittled by people smarter than me. It's crushing my self-esteem. What do I do?
>>
>>16688707

Well, be wise and learn from this. Add to your wisdom by pinpointing what you could have done to prevent this. Maybe you shared information to people you shouldn't have trusted. Decide what made them untrustworthy. Looking back, could you have expected them to? If not, maybe you should learn from this that the information you shared weirds people out, or that you shared it too early in your friendship. Just look back and learn from your mistakes.
>>
>>16688731

Be honest to yourself. Are they really belittling you, or do you feel insecure next to them? If they really belittle you, it's time to look to hang out with other people. Also, if they belittle you, take it from me that in truth, they're not very smart.
>>
This thread is stupid
The point of this board is for people to post their issue and receive advice from various different people so that they can find the best way to resolve it
Not for you to think youre the fucking advice messiah
>>
>>16689507

Sorry (but not sorry) you feel that way, since these sort of threads have been here since the beginning of time. I'm happy i've been able to help some people who didn't feel like making their own thread. Did something useful with my day.

By now it's time for bed, So i'm off!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.