[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would it be possible to kill myself by holding a metal pole during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cougars.jpg (122 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cougars.jpg
122 KB, 800x600
would it be possible to kill myself by holding a metal pole during a thunderstorm?
>>
>>16687723
no. go outside
>>
Depends on where the pole is. Depends on the type of metal. Depends on where you are holding it.

The chances of lightning striking that pole are small unless the pole were very very tall.

Go outside anon
>>
>>16687730
>>16687735
obviously id have to be outside.
how can maximize the possibility that a lightning strike kills me?
>>
Ask /out/
>>
>>16687723
You know since Im sure this is a bait thread I was going to tell you how to guarantee that youll be struck by lightning. But I just cant bring myself to assist someone one suicide.
>>
Why? Just throw a hair dryer in the bath.
>>
>>16688223
This, or put your dick in the toaster.
>>
>>16687723
Figuring out how to get struck by lightning isn't that hard but there are significantly easier ways to electrocute yourself.
Protip: electrocution fucking hurts.
>>
>>16687735
>Depends on the type of metal.
Confirmed for not knowing what you're talking about. Lightning has a voltage potential of up to 10^8v - there's nothing known to mankind that can insulate that kind of voltage. It wouldn't matter if the pole was made from rubber or even stone, as long as you're far enough away from anything that would be a better conductor you're going to get fried.
>>
You shouldn't kill yourself, OP, but I've got to say, I'm curious. Why have you chosen this particular method of suicide?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.