[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weak character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: CYvQWfpUEAIu2SO.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CYvQWfpUEAIu2SO.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
That's practically my daily life issue - that's the reason I still believe I don't deserve to have friends, girlfriend, friendly attitude towards me on the work and in general.
The point I reached with it - when I'm being yelled at, I genuinely think I deserve getting that.
What do you think, is this curable since I've been this way now for over 5 years?
Or is it the way nature to tell me I'm a freak of nature?
>>
>>16687320
I'm the same way. I have moderate social anxiety on top of all of those things too. The only way I've been able help mine is by being outside and being around people. The more I sat in my bedroom by myself, the worse my self hatred and feelings of isolation grew. But if you can see a therapist/counselor, that might help too.
>>
>>16687388
>social anxiety
isn't that a bit diffrent kind of thing?
>>
>>16687320
I need you to elaborate a little more than just "weak character".

And do you have any examples of what you did/didn't do to provoke people to yell at/mistreat you? I can't say off the top that you didn't deserve it unless I know the situation. Just elaborate anon.
>>
>>16687423
I just mean any kind of conflict that is not necesserily provoked by me, the ones started by coworkers that feel superior to, some random teenagers may pick on me on the streets. I always try to avoid doing or saying something that would lead to some argument or worse.
>>
>>16687433
Wow, you suck m8
>>
>>16687433
>random teenagers may pick on me on the streets
where do you live?
>>
>>16687667
I'm not from US, I live in Odense, Denmark. But ethnically I'm not danish.
>>
>>16687320
What you are talking about are feelings of unworthiness, that you don't feel as though you are worthy of having certain things

I, too, feel this to some degree. Though strangely enough my feelings of worthiness have plateaued. That is to say I am worth a certain level of things, but nothing past that. It's really making it hard to get ahead in life and accomplish things

Can anyone suggest how to improve one's sense of worthiness? To convince ourselves that we deserve love and success?
>>
>>16687423
You won't understand even when it's being explained. It's the sort of thing only people with these problems understand.
I also had that problem OP, exactly. Every time someone treated me badly, I thought I deserve it and never questioned anything.

I started lifting though and now I'm a huge motherfucker. When someone yells at me I usually go right on top of them and basically act like "say that one more time"
Lifting increased my cockyness by such a large degree, I'm sometimes afraid of myself.
>>
>>16687867
Therapists do that, for real.
>>
>>16687969
I'm sure most of anon understand since half of /adv threads are about inferiority complex issues.
>>
>>16687969
RUN FOR YOUR LIFES, /FIT MANLETS ATTACK!!!!
>>
>>16687683
So basically you are arab
>>
>>16687969
You realize that getting /fit/ doesn't automatically make you more intimidating? I mean, outwardly maybe but some fuckers can see easily chinks in your armour.
>>
>>16688073
THIS
>>
>>16688073
>>16688518

Yep this.

Esp note that really big guys, tend not to be very good fighters.

I've fought some before, and most of the time, they give you this look like 'oh fuck this hasn't happened before people don't actually.. fight me they just back down'

They're always slow, timid, afraid, let you strike first.

it's the wiry skinny guys you gotta watch out for
>>
>>16688523
Did you get fired or expelled from your school/college for fighting?
>>
>>16688529

No. I used to fight all the time when I was a kid, did it for cash in college, but you know, people grow up and they learn.

The people you have to watch out for is the polish guy living under a box- the guy with nothing to lose, been fighting since he was 6 years old,

These people don't even try to defend themselves or cover their face, they just try to hurt you as much as they can as fast as they can- have to be really quick if you want to get them because the way they fight means one person in going to get hurt bad, and fast.
>>
>>16688523
>Esp note that really big guys, tend not to be very good fighters.

Let's not go overboard.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.