[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creativity is dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 00n8O.png (617 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
00n8O.png
617 KB, 640x1136
School killed all the creativity I used to have. How do I get it back?
>>
Please...
>>
I'd say find a hobby. Look for something you really like (such as programming or music or acting) then look for inspiration from others. If you like programming, take a video game and try develop some urge to create your own video game. Playing Ocarina of Time this past year made me want to create my own game. This could all be bullshit tho
>>
If you were actually a creative person, school would have been validating. If not, your personal life would have been full of creativity. You're probably just some emo fag who draws anime and isn't very imaginative.
>>
>>16687154
How would school validate someone's creativity? What do you mean?

>>16687095
You know how necessity is the mother of invention? Find problems in your life and fix them. Be a jack of all trades.
>>
>>16687095
If your creativity is dead is because you never had any.
>>
>>16687095
Same thing happened to me. I got into fitness and that really helped.
I think it's one of those "if you're looking for happiness you won't find it" things.
Find a hobby by trying a lot of hobbies. See what happens
>>
>>16687154
>>16687198
Yeah not quite

So, this totally happened to me. I consider myself a creative type and I hated school. School would only be validating if you were really studying and honing your crafts and you still had the freedom to explore and express yourself. This is usually not the case.

Before high school and post sec, I did lots of things as a kid and teenager. Studied piano, drew comic strips, acted in community theatre, made dumb ass videos with my friends

Fast forward 10 years. I still consider myself a creative person but I haven't created jack shit in a long time, and for a variety of reasons. For me, I became too much of a perfectionist and it destroyed my confidence in drawing and acting. But SCHOOL... well, after being in school and working and being exhausted during any rare free time I had, I resorted to consuming rather than creating. TV, internet, videogames.

Now that I'm out of school and have all this free time, I still have the desire to create but it's been so long I've forgotten what my hobbies were. Gotta start over but I'm not sure where
>>
>>16687095
Any idea what it was about school that killed your creativity?

My guess would be to spend more time with people who are creative and feed off their energy.

Also, spend less time consuming the work of others and spend more time creating things of your own
>>
>>16687906
So this is more picking up old hobbies.

You think you can paint a Mona Lisa if you haven't mastered basic motor control? Can you deliver a great speech if you haven't learned how to make words with your mouth? Maybe, but it's that much harder.

Copy, copy, copy! Learn the technical aspects and then worry about creativity.
>>
>>16687095
>le school kills creativity meme
Kill yourself.
>>
accept the greyness or find something new in life that inspires you.
As for me the bleached enigma sweeps over me and its pretty meh.
>>
Btw creativity never dies, it just becomes dormant. If you want to wake it up you need to make some lifestyle changes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.