[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad to hold a girl to the same standards for "ambition"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1446065095933.jpg (44 KB, 605x808) Image search: [Google]
1446065095933.jpg
44 KB, 605x808
Is it bad to hold a girl to the same standards for "ambition" (aka making bank) as they do for you?
>>
its not bad but man will it limit your choices
>>
>>16685815
Nope, not at all. In this day and age, women have more job opportunities than they used to, and a woman with ambition means that the two of you can have something to talk about, and that she'll understand when you're stressed out at work because she's going through the same thing.

Definitely don't boil it down to the exact dollars and cents, since there's still a slight wage disparity, but if she works as hard as you do, that's what matters.
>>
>>16685940
That 78 cent thing is a proven false myth
>>
>>16685815
I wish you luck in your relationship, OP. Two strong willed ambitious people often don't even have time for each other.
>>
ive given up
a lot girls think its ok to be losers
>>
>>16686237
This is true. But if they're both truly ambitious then it probably wouldn't make them sad. It's worse when one is ambitious and the other is clingy.
>>
I don't think it's bad to want to be with a woman with ambition, but like anon said, I wouldn't hold her to dollars and cents. I don't have a single girlfriend who has her own place that isn't with her significant other. But they do work.
>>
>>16686277
They're only clingy cuz they don't have anything else going on. I hated being a stay at home mom and I had nothing going on. Thank god that's over now. Not working turns women into bitches.
>>
>>16686369
>lets generalize all women because I myself "was" a bitch
oki
>>
>>16686429
Many people, if you give them an opportunity to avoid work, will do it.

Look at NEETs, many of which are male. If their caretakers allow them to stay where they are, they technically don't have incentive to work.
>>
>>16686362
yes that's right OP
forgot petty things like money
the kind of ambition you need to look for is the ambition in a woman to come into your life, move into your place, and contribute the minority of income to your household

now that's what I call ambition
>>
>>16685815
>its not bad but man will it limit your choices
This. Women who are poor gold dig. Women who earn more than you cheat. So no matter what, women are basically just out to get what THEY want at your expense and think they're entitled to it lol.

So yeah, in my opinion the girl needs to have ambition and drive and hold down a career, whatever that career is. It's not the money that's important to me, it's the attitude. If she's a social worker, it's stupid to expect her to make the same as me. But she still better have that ambition otherwise what the fuck is she but a leech?

Finding a woman who can actually hold down a job without getting into some juvenile power struggle with you is extremely difficult.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.