[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop my boyfriend's friends from being huge dicks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 0WbUEHO.png (378 KB, 1058x636) Image search: [Google]
0WbUEHO.png
378 KB, 1058x636
How do I stop my boyfriend's friends from being huge dicks to me?

Every time I hang out with them and my boyfriend his friends are always so rude to me. I tried talking to my boyfriend about it and he said he would talk to them about it but they're still huge dicks to me. I don't really want to say anything and make a scene to them as they're not my friends so there isn't much I can do about it except smile and pretend like it doesn't affect me.

Should I look upset about it instead so they know to stop? I don't really know what to do in this situation. I don't want to come off as a huge bitch but man they say some pretty upsetting things. Sometimes it makes me want to break up with my boyfriend because he hangs out with them so often, and if I didn't go with him I'd be sitting at home alone most nights (we live together).

Also I don't think I've done or said anything to make them be huge dicks to me, I always try to be super nice and just talk to them normally.
>>
What is it they are doing that is dickish?
>>
they don't want you around
>>
>>16685810
They know I was in an abusive relationship in the past and sometimes will make fun of me about it. Normally I don't really care but that is a pretty sensitive issue for me.

>>16685813
That would be fine but like I said, my boyfriend spends most of his time with them and if I don't go along I barely get to spend any time with him at all. I tried asking him maybe to hold back a bit on spending time with them but he thought I was being controlling or something.

I don't really know what to do.
>>
>>16685805
you don't because if he changes you will get bored and leave him. this is why being a bad boy works and why you are fucking him.
>>
>>16685827
He's not a bad boy, I literally met him on 4chan. We're both big spergs who like computers.

I don't need my boyfriend to change really, just his friends. Unless he'd like to spend more time with me and less with them, but I don't want to be demanding.
>>
>>16685820
what you need to do is make you bf hang out with you alone sometimes. as is youre just ruining everyone elses good time. nothing worse than when your bud always brings his chick around.

although this is all your bfs fault, not yours. he's supposed to know this shit.
>>
>>16685829
I've tried many, many times. He completely refuses. I don't think he realizes his friends don't want me around. I honestly don't know how he doesn't when me hanging out with them usually just consists of me sitting off by myself and not talking to anyone, not even my boyfriend.

I guess I will try telling him maybe his friends don't want me around, but I bet he will just tell me to stay at home then and hang out with me less. He really does not like compromising on it and there is no convincing him otherwise, it sucks.
>>
>>16685838
sounds like a great guy.

one more piece of advice? [spoiler]don't date guys from 4chan you idiot[/spoiler]
>>
>>16685850
Yeah I dunno, it's a tough situation and I know I should probably just give him an ultimatum and leave but I'm retarded and I still love him and hope maybe he will change his ways.
>>
Your boyfriend doesn't defend you from his dickhead friends. Maybe he doesn't value you. I don't let my friends go overboard on my other FRIENDS. He doesn't respect you.
>>
>>16685828
had to read your OP again my bad. I think his friends are being hostile because you are invading their male space and their time to be with their bros . I think it is best you don't hang out with them because women generally ruin friendship like that because women always want to be the center of attention and cause drama. etc.
>>
>>16685864
I don't know, I would feel uncomfortable and guilty if he just told them off right there in front of me. He values them as much as he values me and I understand I guess. I don't want them to think I'm a bitch who is ruining their friendship or anything and start any stupid petty drama about it. I just want them to stop being dicks to me.

One thing though I just remembered his friends did invite us BOTH to hang out at their place soon, and they did specify both of us. Are you sure they don't want me around then?
>>
>>16685878
See above, I'm not like that at all. When I hang out with them I pretty much just sit quietly by myself and they ignore me to do their own thing. Most of the time after having to deal with them berating me I just get really plastered and pass out. I've never made any drama or tried to be the center of attention, I'm not a very obnoxious person in general.
>>
>>16685879
>his friends did invite us BOTH to hang out at their place soon

honestly if you're always there they probably just accept that he's going to bring you and included you in the invite to make it less awkward.

expect them to rip on you twice as hard for that.
>>
>>16685879
>He values them as much as he values me
No he doesn't.
>I don't want them to think I'm a bitch who is ruining their friendship
Funny, they're A-OK with ruining his relationship from the sounds of it.
>Are you sure they don't want me around then?
Are you ALWAYS with them when they hang out?
>>
>>16685887
We hung out with them recently and they said that they had a good time with us, though. Are you sure?
>>
>>16685805
Your bf sounds like a dick.
>>
>>16685890
Not always but whenever I am they tend to be dicks to me. Honestly there is one guy who his other friends think is trying to date me and he is definitely the worst of them and is the biggest dick to me, his other friends aren't usually that bad. I told my boyfriend that I don't want to hang out with him anymore because there's been many times where I'd come home after hanging out with him and get in an argument with my boyfriend about why he is still friends with such an awful person and doesn't say anything in my defense.
>>
>>16685893
no just guessing. maybe your bf told them to include you on the invite. go and see what happens.
>>
>>16685896
I'm serious your boyfriend sounds like a penis. You can do better than some penis from 4chan.

Also it sounds like they're bullying you.
>>
>>16685896
You see a future with an asshole magnet? They'll be at your wedding calling you a dumb abuse taking bitch, you know. They'll be right at that point desu.
>>
men rip on each other when they LIKE each other

I'd be more worried if they were quiet and polite to you (to your face)

conclusion: you're oversensitive
>>
>>16685905
see
>>16685820

>>16685899
Will do. It is his friends who are usually not that rude, but sometimes they can be.

>>16685901
I'm not really sure about that one. He's not really an asshole, he is just completely oblivious to most social things, which is understandable as I am as well (I am autistic, but he's not). I think maybe his friends are too, except the one who apparently likes me. I legit think he is just trying to break my boyfriend and I up but of course I think my boyfriend is too oblivious to see it, despite his other friends straight up telling him that's what they think he is trying to do.
>>
>>16685905
See here's a stupid stereotype that we can put to rest. Men rip on their friends who they've known for a while because they know it comes from a good place. An ass clown rips on a friend's gf who is clearly not happy with it. Let's end this "all men are just assholes lolz" meme, they sound like twats.
>>
File: 13421857915477.jpg (129 KB, 670x466) Image search: [Google]
13421857915477.jpg
129 KB, 670x466
>>16685918
>I am autistic
I take it all back, be happy with what you have.
>>
I have this same problem op, it sucks. My bf always says they're just joking, but it hurts. They'll make fun of my friend who commit suicide, make fun of my social anxiety, I'm literally their punching bag and I take it because I don't want to cause a scene. It's gotten so bad I'll go in another room and just break down crying.
>>
>>16685933
So if you aren't autistic like OP, get a job, become self sufficient, find a guy who isn't trash. If you are autistic, well that's unfortunate.
>>
>>16685933
I do the same thing, I usually just pretend to use the bathroom and go cry.

My main problem is I have a tough time making friends because of the autism. If I had my own friends I probably would just go hang out with them and not even care.
>>
>>16685886
you seem like an okay person i guess. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but you need a life of your own as well have you try having your own girls day out while he goes out with his friends or maybe a family member you can spend time with?
>>
File: Intense Homu.jpg (54 KB, 1064x600) Image search: [Google]
Intense Homu.jpg
54 KB, 1064x600
>>16685948
>If I had my own friends I probably would just go hang out with them and not even care
Stop it.
>>
>>16685948
Yeah, it sucks. I have my own friends but my bf wants me to hang out with him and his friends too because I'm into a lot of the same stuff as them, not to mention I cook for everyone.
>>
>>16685952
Nope, I really wish I did, but I unfortunately do not :(

My only friend is my boyfriend and my family lives too far away
>>
Find a better boyfriend with better friends.

Honestly, you just sound like a punching bag for them.
>>
>>16685961
>but my bf wants me to hang out with him and his friends too because I'm into a lot of the same stuff as them, not to mention I cook for everyone.
>not to mention I cook for everyone.
>I cook for everyone.

And they treat you like shit?
>>
>>16685979
to be fair she might be a bad cook
>>
>>16685979
Yeah. Cooking is a passion of mine so it's fun for me anyways.. They just see me as an easy target due to my social anxiety
>>
>>16685994
What the fuck kind of faggots is your boyfriend hanging out with? I thought you said you meant your bf on 4chan?
>>
>>16686001
That was me, OP, this is some other girl.

see >>16685933
>>
>>16685990
Naw nigga, naw, autism or not, that's a pretty sad situation.
>>
>>16685964
Same anon who cooks for bf's shitty friends, I'd be your friend. Do you have an email? We can help support eachother
>>
>>16685828
Well the problem is that he doesn't think you're important enough to him to compromise on hanging out a little less with his friends and more with you. If it were me I'd break up honestly, you'll only end up more and more frustrated as time passes and some day it's going to blow up
>>
Breakup with him unless he is a wife/gf-beater in that case slowly save money and duck the fuck outta there.
>>
ITT: OP is an overly sensitive woman who takes offense at everything. Nothing to see here folks, move along now.
>>
>>16686223
I guess you're one of his friends?
>>
>>16686223
their is a difference between playful teasing and being a straight up bully with no boundaries.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.