[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been dealing with Dandruff for about 3 months now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: nizoral.jpg (5 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
nizoral.jpg
5 KB, 237x213
I've been dealing with Dandruff for about 3 months now and have tried selsun blue, ive tried ion shampoo and ive recently tried Nizoral. I thought the nizoral worked after the second time using it but now it no longer is working. And another thing about it, the nizoral is peeling my face away its incredibly weird. It isnt bad but you can definitely tell my face is a lot more dry and flaky. I am so nervous because i start school soon and dandruff looks fucking terrible. I have brown hair so the white shows up even more. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this fucking shit?

Actually, when I put my hand on my stomach or chest and brush down you can see skin just come off of it. Is that normal? Like for skin to just come off to the touch? The same is for my face I could press on my face and you can look at my finger and just see skin. I dont think this was ever like this before. What is going on?
>>
>>16685737
more vitamin d
>>
Get a script from the doctor for the head shit.

Drink more water and moisturize your skin. Get a scrubber/gentle exfoliating wash for your face/body to get rid of the excess skin.
>>
>>16685737
Tea Tree Oil in your shampoo.
>>
>>16686679
Is this better than medicated stuff?
>>
I suspect you have seborric eczema. Go to a doctor to have it checked. Ketoconazol shampoo in that case, get it from your doctor.
>>
You use conditioner too right?
Shampoo and then leave the Conditioner on for a good while.
Try a hair conditioning mask for 10 minutes from sally beauty if you want to see what you've been missing.
ALLWAYS CONDITION AFTER SHAMPOOING. otherwise you'll destroy your hair.
>>
im in/was in? still m in? the same boat OP

your solution selenium sulfide 2.5%

same dandruff, same dry skin on NOSE area, will peel

nothing regarding my chest or stomach though

youll need a doctors prescription

however you can buy selinium sulfide 2.5% on ebay, costs 20 something ish bucks, ships from thailand

i was skeptical, but the flakes and peeling are annoying. i ran out and am buying some

downside: after using selenium sulfide, if you stop, the stuff comes back within 3 weeks

good luck anon
>>
>>16687903
buying some more**

the selenium sulfide w/ prescription is upwards of $100 per refill, ebay came in clutch for me to be honest

i believe the 2.5% is the strongest dose they have as well

as i said before, good luck
>>
>>16687803
I heard conditioner can hurt you if you have dandruff, like it can make it worse
>>
Conditioner doesn't hurt if you have dandruff, it helps, a lot

What you have doesn't sound like dandruff. I'd go to a derm and get it checked out if I were you. I've had dandruff most of my life, recently it just stopped. I just use regular shampoo now and I love it.
>>
>>16688455
I put conditioner on last night and nothing else and this morning I had the worst flakes in my hair it was fucking crazy. Why?
>>
>>16688881
Do you know what happens when you instantly put aloe on severely burnt dry skin?
It flakes off to heal.
YOU HAVE TO CONDITION EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU USE SHAMPOO OR YOU'LL DAMAGE YOUR HAIR FOLICLES AND GO BALD.
Your scalp is probably shedding a damaged layer until you grow new skin on your head that is kept in an appropriate conditioned enviornment.
>>
>>16688881
You shampoo, rinse twice, condition, wash body while waiting, then rinse your whole body.
Also don't take long hot showers, opt for mildly warm and wash your face with cold water and a cleanser at the very end. Dry and apply a facial moisteurizer lightly.
>>
>>16688900
Oh i did not know this, should I shampoo every time? Or how can i avoid this continuing to happen? I am gonna shower here soon I was gonna just put more conditioner on it but please tell me what to do
>>
>>16685737
Just stop washing your hair, works wonders for me!
>>
File: rdy.png (294 KB, 414x284) Image search: [Google]
rdy.png
294 KB, 414x284
This is my hairbtw
>>
>>16688930
How long do I leave shampoo on there? Also is that why this morning more skin came off because its damaged? What can I do? Please respond you are my only hope
>>
>>16688930
>>16688943
This should be your new routine to achieve the best results. Mind you, you have to heal from the damage you've done by fucking up for years. You might not be able to repair anything you currently have on your head, but you can groom for a better future head of hair.
>>
>>16688969
Shampoo is hair soap, you lather and rinse, in and out.
>>
>>16688976
I just want the flakes to stop, you think this will work? Should i shampoo every time i shower? should i never condition without shampooing? Should i never shampoo without conditioning?
>>
>>16688983
How frequent do you shower?
You shouldn't have to do it but once every like two days, you look dark but not black enough to probably get greasy every day. Even if you do sweat up a storm every day, you shouldn't have to shampoo and condition your head that much unless you swim for sport or sit in a sauna.
>>
>>16688983
It should definitely work if your only problem is that you've been mistreating your head the whole time.
>>
>>16689001
I workout every day except wednesday and the weekends. so I usually shower everyday. And yeah I have dark brown hair not quite black
>>
File: ion.jpg (6 KB, 73x266) Image search: [Google]
ion.jpg
6 KB, 73x266
>>16689011
>>16689001
So I have this Ion shampoo and conditioner here I got from Sally's that is suppose to be good.
Or I have suave morrocon oil shampoo and conditioner
>>
File: ion2.png (213 KB, 172x618) Image search: [Google]
ion2.png
213 KB, 172x618
>>16689021
Conditioner here
>>
File: suave.jpg (129 KB, 539x1500) Image search: [Google]
suave.jpg
129 KB, 539x1500
>>16689021
>>16689025
Or the suave here
>>
>>16689014
So there is potential for you to need it every day.
But start with a mild routine since your scalp needs time to adjust to having it's natural oils back. And it's ok to go for like 5 days and not wash your hair after a round shower routine. Rinse with water if you must go every day with a shower. Don't neglect your body either. All skin needs moisture. Find those man scented body washes like Irish Spring with shae butter or Dove for men, something conditioning.
>>
File: SBS-264026.jpg (9 KB, 345x345) Image search: [Google]
SBS-264026.jpg
9 KB, 345x345
>>16689021
>>16689025
>>16689029
If you do go to Sally's check their bulk upscale brand knock offs. $20 for a three or four months supply is the best deal they have. Yes, those liter bottles are the best. I like the minty one in the summer and the deep conditioning one for the winter.
>>
>>16689047
Yeah I got some dial moisturizer stuff im gonna use. Okay cool I am being optimistic about it, thank you so so fricken much for your help, you are a blessing
>>
File: 61SXHBx0p3L._SY355_.jpg (12 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
61SXHBx0p3L._SY355_.jpg
12 KB, 355x355
>>16689069
Here's the other one in an actual liter bottle
>>
>>16689069
Do you think the ion or the suave for now then? What will likely be the best choice at fixing it?
>>
Don't shampoo every day!!!!! I can't stress it enough! And never ever use suave, that shit is the absolute worst!!

Shampoo once every three days. At first, until your scalp heals and goes to normal, shampoo twice a day. But if you're using dandruff shampoo, you only want to use that like twice a week.

Ion is a really good brand, I used to use that. When looking for conditioners, which you absolutely should use everyday, it is what helps moisturize your scalp, make sure it doesn't have mineral oil or sulfates in it because that'll fuck you up.

Which could actually be your problem. If you're still seeing flakes after a few weeks, try a clarifying shampoo instead.
>>
Side note, if your hair feels greasy and gross, go on and wash it.
>>
>>16689090
I thought i wasnt suppose to condition everytime i shower because itll cause more flakes? Or is that only right now since my scalp is damaged
>>
>>16689099
No, you condition every time but skip washing a few times. Do not let your scalp go unconditioned/unoiled because then it'll start flaking.
>>
>>16689111
And I mean skip the whole shampoo and conditioner, do not just condition or just shampoo. And certainly don't fall for those two in one products because they are a lie.
>>
I used to have dandruff and get greasy hair. Then I had 3 weeks off from work and decided not to wash my hair with shampoo for two weeks. At first my scalp was itching like crazy and my hair was greasy as fuck, but after that it all went away and now my hair looks much better than it did when I used shampoo and my scalp no longer itches. Just try it out, now I wash my hair with shampoo like once every two weeks.
>>
Maybe it's psoriasis? I had it on my scalp, used a psoriasis 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner a few times and now all my flaking is gone.
>>
>>16685737
You're washing your hair too much and drying out your scalp. Wash about 3 times a week, xondition every day. Also, lotion your skin after you shower you ashy nigger you.
>>
>>16689111
When you say washing you mean shampooing right? Then what were you talking about in this post
>>16688900
>>
>>16689193
I mean it's ok to stay greasy for a few days, not shampooing or conditioning. Just don't go like half a month without it.
>>
>>16689229
Okay so to summarize, dont shampoo every time, try not to condition every time if i shower every day, but maybe every other day condition and shampoo? I am trying to understand this part. Especially in this phase where im trying to get it to heal
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.