[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do in this situation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 1242x1011) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 1242x1011
What should I do in this situation?
>>
Does she not respect me?
>>
'Lol' - then don't reply til she brings up a new topic

She'll hopefully get the hint you don't give af about hearing about her ex, even in dream form
>>
>>16684766

We're in a ldr and I hate hearing this shit. If she respects me, she wouldn't say shit like this.
>>
>>16684836
She was telling you about a dream you fucking buttbaby. Stop being hysterical.
>>
>>16684754
are you her current boyfriend?
if yes, run.
>>
I'm not sure you know what "nightmare" means, OP, even though you seem to use the word yourself sometimes. Maybe you've got your own issues with being literate enough to not be read to by an ex-partner?
>>
I girl once told me about how had a wet dream about her coworker fucking her..

How that ended I wouldn't recommend you sticking around.

By any chance is she < 20?
>>
>>16684863

shes 24
>>
>>16684836
>>16684841
next she will tell you how is ok for hair to go out with her ex casually and that "nothing" is happening.
This is how a cuck talks OP, do not listen.
>>
Absolutely nothing. That's a complete exchange itself. I assume you don't want more of a conversation because she brought up her ex and that's off-putting. Well she's either unaware of why that would put you off or it's intentional. Neither of those bode well for your future.
>>
That's a big faux pas on her part, agreed. If I said something like that I'd have enough empathy to follow with something reassuring like "which is weird because he was dumb as shit" or, "the nightmare part was that it wasn't you" and so on.

She shat a turd of a sentence and then left it hanging there for open interpretation.
>>
>>16684863

>I had a nightmare about my ex

is now equivalent to

>I had a sex dream about my coworker

... never change, /adv/
>>
she's being dumb. my wild guess would be that she likes to tease and make you jealouse with talking about her ex. just text a one word answer and let her do the rest. aha would suffice
>>
>>16684754
S H I T T E S T
>>
>>16684926

>she must have a secret motive about telling the truth

Is it just me, or is /adv/ getting dumber by the day?
>>
I'd reply with something like "holy shit, that does seem like a bad nightmare, having to picture that dude and all" and just defuse the situation while shitting on him.
>>
>>16684932
well, well. if she really had that dream she could have considered op's feelings and kept it to herself. nobody likes to be reminded that the person they love once thought somebody else is the one. period.
>>
She didn't even concern herself of what your nightmare may be about, just straight away talked about herself and her ex bf, and your nightmare wasnt worth a mention.

I dunno about advice for a ldr, but this is hows i sees it. Act accordingly to suit your interests.

Personally, id just be offended by her mindlessness and would ignore her for a day or two.
>>
>>16684948

It's just a matter of personal feelings. If you're some sort of anxious mess that feels threatened by everything, of course your significant other should do their best to handle you like a teenager.

>>16684952

>I would just be passive-aggressive about it!

I'm sure you're brilliant relationship material.
>>
>>16684966
yeah. you probably are one of those "oh, i'm just honest" people that don't even know when it would be the better thing to shut your mouth for once. and then you are surprised when people don't like you.
>>
>>16684966
>I'm sure you're brilliant relationship material.

He clearly isn't, but that girl sucks at it too. In one sentence she

>mentions ex bf
>shows no interest to find out what her bf obviously wanted to share
>gave no good way to follow the conversation
>didn't add anything to defuse it like laughing at it or adding some smiley

It's just eh through and through. I wouldn't ignore for a day or two but certainly wouldn't follow it up immediately because that's no way to have a conversation.
>>
>>16684977

No. I've actually got social skills, I'm sorry. We're probably not from the same culture, anyway.

You can lead your own relationship how you want, but if you're failing to be able to face realities so basic as that your partner, if they were not a certified virgin, might have had partners before you, that's simply excessive. It's like denying that people have to take a shit or that you're going to die some day. Facts are nothing to take personally.

>>16684980

It's not useful to use a conversation as a means to punish another if they don't act in the way you expect of them. People speak differently. Not everyone may engage the other like they'd wish they'd be engaged. If I wanted to tell someone about my nightmare, I'd do so no matter if they gave me a "HOW FUCKING INTERESTING, DO GO ON". It's silly to try to give people conversation hooks and then wait until they bite.
>>
>>16685012
Yeah, I'm not saying OP isn't a dumbfuck either. Saying you had a nightmare first thing in the morning and then nothing afterward is also a shit sandwich of a conversation.
>>
>>16685012
i haven't said that you should denie it. my partner knows the basic things about my previous realtionships. but there is absolutely no need to remind him about an ex in everyday life. that's just dumb.

what culture would that be exactly?

are you telling me that you believe it's ok to frequently bring up your exes in everyday situations? that should be a healthy realtionship? oh my...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.