[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1/2 I got scammed. I sold a camera lens through marktplaats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: margot-robbie-focus-image.jpg (2 MB, 3840x5760) Image search: [Google]
margot-robbie-focus-image.jpg
2 MB, 3840x5760
1/2

I got scammed. I sold a camera lens through marktplaats (Dutch craigslist) and the money never arrived. We met in person and I saw him complete the transfer with his iPhone app but four days later the money hasn't gone through: €1500 It was my girlfriend's camera lens and probably her only valuable possession. We are low on money hence me trying to sell it.

I've reported it to the guy's bank, I have his name and a photo of his driver's license and made a police report last night.

I found his Facebook and made a fake profile, first friending his friends and then him. He finally wrote back an hour ago: (translated from dutch):

Hello, good afternoon, this is ******, who you have been looking for this whole time and you have completely run my name through the mud on Facebook accusing my of fraud while you don't know my side of the story. If I was going to defraud you why would I let you take a photo of my driver's licence. I am now being approached from all sides that someone is looking for me. That of course scares me and I have made contact with you. You are right that no money has been deducted from my account. I discovered that later (yesterday). I definitely did not scam you. I think you should first here someone else's story before shouting all kinds of accusations. Something happend with the transaction causing the money never to arrive. Therefore I propose an appointment and we will solve this together. Would you please remove everything from facebook that has anything to do with me. Together we can solve this because it's very annoying that so many people are approaching me while the story isn't true at all!
>>
2/2

I still think it's bullshit but I wrote back that I've tried to call him many times and heard nothing but I'm relieved to hear he wasn't trying to scam me and to call me directly to make an appointment, and if he makes this right that I'll absolve his name. If he provides the cash tonight I can call off the police.

I think the best case scenario is that he'll just give back the lens, I am not hoping out on the cash but that would be perfect.

Anything else I should consider to protect myself? Bring a strong friend along?
>>
>>16684592
if youre trying to protect the guys name you should delete the other thread
>>
>>16684593
Bring a smart friend along that knows how to call out bullshit. I don't see this turning violent over 1500euros
>>
>>16684601
I thought I did. Thanks
>>
>>16684612
and it's too late, oh well, hope this one rises to the top more.

>>16684605
I know strong friends and I know smart friends, it's kinda rare to find both.
>>
>meet in person
>no cash payment

You dun goof'd, OP. You either:

- sell something remotely, and receive the money first
- sell something in person, and are paid immediately

Since I can't see you having a machine to let someone swipe their credit card through, the second option will probably include cash money.
>>
>>16684592
I think Zohair Sambo is trying to scam you again. Be careful OP
>>
>Therefore I propose an appointment and we will solve this together. Would you please remove everything from facebook that has anything to do with me

No, fuck that. That's the way these scammers work. You tell him that you'd love to apologize and remove all the negative posts just as soon as the money owed is deposited in your account. Assholes like this WILL attempt to weasel out of this shit by any means necessary, they appear to be reasonable at first, but never deliver. Tomorrow, he'll say. Or I'll pay 100$ now and the rest next week. Or he'll claim the product is faulty.

Don't give an inch. For extra protection, get the following admissions from him in writing, facebook is fine for that:

1: he owes you that sum of money
2: you delivered the item and there was nothing wrong with it

that way when you (inevitably) have to take him to small claims court, you have a rock-solid case, and you have a much better threat to do so when you have this information (which may make it more likely he actually coughs up the dough)
>>
>>16684771
>You tell him that you'd love to apologize and remove all the negative posts just as soon as the money owed is deposited in your account.

Right, I am proposing he brings me cash in hand. He hasn't responded yet to my reply. I don't want to deal with transfers anymore. I want him to meet me in person with the camera lens and the cash, and then predict he'll just not have the cash. It's good I got his message though.

I've been just messaging his friends about him, but I hope he'll finally just make contact and I scarred him out of this shit.
>>
>>16684798

>You tell him that you'd love to apologize and remove all the negative posts just as soon as the money owed is deposited in your account.

This. Do not give in before you have your money or the lens.
>>
Dude hasn't yet responded or called. It's 7:21PM in the Netherlands.

Should I step up the facebook escalation or should I give it till the morning?
>>
>>16685118
Got him to agree to meet me tomorrow at 14:00, bringing a strong friend along as well. He basically was begging me to stop spreading info about him. Hope he shows.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.