[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixing sleep cycle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 590x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 590x445
My sleep cycle is completely upside down.

I'm a 21 year old guy currently living on my own.

This month I dont have any uni courses, so I'm just lifting and trying to prepare for courses that start this coming month. However my sleep cycle has become completely upside down.

I went to bed at 6am and wokeup at 2pm. I'm considering staying awake until 8pm tommorow and then sleeping as I'll be really tired and then waking up at 6am the following morning.

Any advice?
>>
>>16684400

This shit takes days to correct. Pick a day, any day, and go to bed at 10pm. Wake up at 6-7. Do this for at least 2 weeks. You will feel like superman.
>>
>>16684400
Don't stare at any bright screen before going to sleep.
Any kind of exercise a few hours before that helps.
It takes about 21 days to get a routine, start by going to bed at 9pm, and sleep at like 10
>>
>>16684401
>Pick a day, any day, and go to bed at 10pm

I would like to fix this shit immidietly and go to bed at 10pm tonight, but that's in 6 and a half hours. Can I really fall a sleep so soon after waking up (approx 8 hours)?
>>
>>16684406
You can do it. Just lay down at 9pm. Grab a dense book, light a candle, turn off all the lights, and start reading. You'll be dead asleep in 10 mins.
>>
>>16684406
You really have to force yourself to wake up early. It might feel like shit at first, but eventually youll get used to it as your circadian cycle and homeostatic responses slowly sync back together.
>>
>>16684406
It's difficult but possible, spend lots of time outdoors in sunlight preferably during the day, that will help your natural body clock back to normal too
>>
I'm currently doing shift work. I just stay awake all night then go to bed the next night to get switched, and make the assumption that I'm going to sleep 12 hours. That seems to be enough sleep that I feel okay, and it's not an issue if I wake up a little early.
>>
>>16684413
Aight man I'll try.

Will it help if I go for a run now? (3pm) and eat a shit lot of food at around 8 pm?
>>
>>16684422

Run for an hour. Sprint as well. Drink lots of water an eat hearty after. Allow yourself to digest for a few hours. The running will give you a burst of energy that you'll need to digest your food.

Do some household chores, get stuff set up for when you wake up tomorrow (since you might be groggy).
>>
If you want to wake up early make sure to go to bed early. It's really simple and obvious but it's also the most difficult thing to do. Go offline, make sure everything is done so you will not have to get up again. It'll make it easier to get up.
>>
Might get some bad replies from this but smart pills.

I'm in uni and same as you my sleeping cycle was completely messed up. Then I've been hearing about these smart pills.

Ordered some and gave them a try. They treat adhd and sleeping disorders... They keep you awake and focus. There prescription only but can buy from websites. Won't post the address but cat will give you a clue.

And before people jump on saying you don't know what you get of the Internet which is true. But if you find that website i hinted at its legit.

I take one early in the morning and go back to sleep. An hour later I wake up like cold water has been thrown on me... After that it's impossible to go back to sleep for like 12 hours but after they wear of you'll be good for bed.

Some countries you can buy them over the counter to treat jet lag.

I've finished 5 assignments and studied for 3 tests in just a week. Gives you a sudden urge to do something.
>>
>>16684400
What you do is you wake up at 8am ever morning regardless of the time you went to bed.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 900x598
>>16684400

Taking melatonin will reset your natural sleep cycle, it's what I do
>>
File: Iftheyonlyknew.jpg (71 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
Iftheyonlyknew.jpg
71 KB, 500x715
>>16684403

Download the program flux. it will automatically adjust your screens brightness with the sunset
>>
>>16684400
BENADRYL

OP U THERE LISTEN TO ME BENADRYL

That shit will knock you out and its an allergy medicine so its safe to take every night.

I use to fail school so bad cuz i couldnt fall asleep at night Benadryl literally changed my life.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.