[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1452489731769.png (332 KB, 525x357) Image search: [Google]
1452489731769.png
332 KB, 525x357
Feeling of inadequacy, bitterness, anger and feeling like failure when you realize that people your age or even younger have achieved so much become successful, and you so little?

For the record I am 19
>>
You have A LOT of time to carve your own success.
>>
not everybody has the same good starting conditions, so sop comparing yourself and do your own thing. just because others have gotten ahead doesn't mean you won't leave them far behind in the future. could be that they had an ideal start but never learned to deal with hardship and failure. the first time they come across a rough patch they will fall like a house of cards. and then it will be your time to shine. also, success is a vague term. what do you call success? what have those others accomplished that you haven't?
>>
>>16684058
>Damn kids

Come back when you're a wageslave at 26.
>>
>>16684070
I know that most people see success as fame, fortune whatever, I just want to do my favorite thing and get paid for it.

I feel all those feelings because I regret that I didn't start earlier
>>
>>16684074
can you be a bit more specific? what is your favorite thing? why do you feel like you are too late to the party? 19 is doubtfully too late to start anything.
do YOU think fame and fortune would make you happier? in what way?
>>
>>16684058
Hey anon. I'm in the same boat as you. 18 years old, first year of college. I had always felt good about my drawing skills until I got here and realized how much better almost everyone else was (I go to an art school). I feel inadequate all the time
>>
>>16684084
use that feeling to get motivated to do better instead of letting it bring you down.
>>
>>16684078
Creating music that's my favorite thing, thinking too late cause if we look at greatest musicians they started when they were very young, fortune might make things easier meaning that I can put food in my belly so to speak
>>
>>16684087
I'm trying. It's just I started drawing pretty late (7th grade) and don't have as much formal training as everyone else. I'm trying to repair years of damage
>>
>>16684089
meh. do you want the autism that comes with savant syndrome too? rather be a balanced and happy human.
and determination and dilligence go a long way! You know what you want. now get your ass up and put the effort in. others might not be that persuasive and motivated and fall off the bandwagon at some point.
>>
>>16684092
you still have a whole life to draw. why do you think you need to master an art that takes a lifetime to get under your belt at the tender age of 18? you expect a bit much from yourself.
>>
>>16684058
Well, Burgerpants, you always have time. At least you haven't impregnated someone.
>>
>>16684100
Because I go to an art school and not drawing well means me losing my scholarship
>>
File: UTQz76S.png (6 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
UTQz76S.png
6 KB, 216x216
>>16684104
Thanks m8
>>
>>16684108
then practice instead of shitposting. i guess you know what needs yor attention. where are your weak points?
>>
>>16684113
I have a fine motor control disorder which affects my ability to make thin, clean, lines
I practice every single day for at least an hour and have for the past 6 years
I'm aware that my disorder makes pursing a degree in art difficult
I'm planning on going into digital which is more forgiving but all my foundation classes are traditional art
>>
i think you meant 'became' OP. dunce.
>>
>>16684119
what kind of disorder is that? can you get help with it?
>>
>>16684119
then find a style that doesn't require thin clean lines
>>
>>16684138
that'l be difficult if he want's a degree. if he would be a a freelance artist, that would be a whole other thing.
>>
>>16684135
yeah, made a mistake there
>>
>>16684140
Yeah, no. Thats not how art degrees work.
>>
>>16684160
well then. there shouldn't be a problem, right?
>>
>>16684162
I doubt there is a problem.

Unless he is just shit and draws like a child but doesn't back up by claiming to be doing it ironically or for some other pretentious reasoning.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.