[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are videogames acceptable as first date activities?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1452087479740.jpg (18 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
1452087479740.jpg
18 KB, 720x478
Are videogames acceptable as first date activities?
>>
Not unless you're getting a date from a very niche video game based dating site, and even so, why the fuck would you want to? What happened to dinner or a movie or a show or some shit?

I'm aware where I'm at right now but....Fuckin weebs man
>>
>>16682230
if you know that the person you are inviting would appriciate it. If you are not sure, go to the movie or t oa bar, dot try to be a tryhard.Dont worry you will make it alright. Just be a Man you are destined to be fellow anon.
>>
>Are videogames acceptable as first date activities?

literally depends on the girl

some girls will love it, some will fucking despise it and hate you forever
>>
>>16682230
Depends, are you invited your date over for some game console and chill session at your place? That could work
>competitive two player game so you both are engaged like mario kart or super smash brothers
>wine/drinks, finger food, music

As long as it creates a comfortable environment for the two of you to engage and talk without the game being distracting (like a movie can be, movie first dates suck) then it should be fine. If anything the short term matches can help you avoid awkward silences and also build rapport with your date

If you don't have a console you can download an emulator on your computer and then just buy some controllers that have usb plugs.
>>
>>16682230
>Are videogames acceptable as first date activities?
If both parties know beforehand that they're both interested in video games, sure. It can be risky, though, if you don't already know that your date is interested in this stuff.
>>
>>16682230
Yeah, video games are fun as hell. However, inviting a girl over to play video games is pretty much the equivalent of inviting her to netflix and chill. It might make her think that you just plan on fucking her, with no games involved.
>>
I would say yes because it's all some girls ever want to do they just don't know it yet. It also allows for cuddles if it's like a horror game or something she'll be able to really get into. If she starts getting frustrated ask her what she wants to do instead and just do that. I'd say if you can cook you should sneak away and try to make a surprise for her, depends on what she likes, but it always leaves a good impression when you show you can provide as well as entertain.
>>
>>16682243
Lol at this. I hear you man.

However, if you are incredibly attractive, girls will do anything anything with you
>>
>>16682230
no
>>
>>16682230
God no.
>>
>>16682230
Take her to an arcade or a restaraunt like Dave & Busters. They have a wide veriaty of games for all types of people, even if she doesn't usually play video games. Make sure to tell her before hand just in case she wants go somewhere with an a lot more quiet atmosphere. In that case, scrap the vidya idea altogether.
>>
>>16682230
Sitting in your room playing video games is not an ideal first date. Going to an arcade might be acceptable depending on the girl.
>>
My precious date enjoyed watching me play, I offered her to play but she didn't want to. And she kept begging me to play more, too bad it ended, it was perfect. She was average looking, but very sweet.
>>
>>16682317
Yeah and if this were the case why would you try to sabotage a chance at a good date with good girls. People don't make things difficult for themselves by nature, and assuming there's not a bet or incentive to use a highly improbable date idea there's only one explanation.

This clearly came from the "I can't function outside my comfort zone and that's gaming" perspective.
>>
>>16682230

Absolutely not
>>
>>16682230
Can you be any less interesting?
>>
>>16682243
How to be a tasteless brick : The post
>>
>>16682243
>a movie or a show
Shit first date ideas. You want to be able to actually talk to each other on the first date so you can, you know, get to know them.
>>
>>16682894
>implying the show is all you do with them
>no discussion before or afterward
>stare straight forward whole time from start to finish

Yeah that's the way life works. People just do the minimum level of interaction possible, foreplay whats that? Glad you were able to extract that from a simple constructive criticism of a bad date idea.
The dissertation wasn't quite finished so that's all there was to give.
>>
The only way you could make a vidya based first date work is at an arcade.
>>
>>16682230
No, not unless you don't want a 2nd date.
>>
>>16682894
All you autists saying that movie is a bad date are really triggering my jimmies.

You don't ONLY go to the movies. Starts with hanging out at mall, park whatevs then you get some cheap food. Nice food, but not restaurant. Go someplace fun she'll remember.

THEN you go to the movies when it's late. See some stupid movie you both think will be fun and makeout or just hold each other. Then you go to her place or your place and have sex.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.