[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My lab professor is incredibly unsupportive and pushy. Basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mhyngj2Itn1rlg07wo1_500.jpg (99 KB, 402x575) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhyngj2Itn1rlg07wo1_500.jpg
99 KB, 402x575
My lab professor is incredibly unsupportive and pushy. Basically I'm saying that she's a total bitch from my point of view.

Basically I'm in college, studying physics and chemistry, part of our chemistry is the lab work of course. When the excercise starts, it's like a fucking Nazgul entered the room, every legitimate excuse for anything is shut the fuck down. I mean, you know the movie Whiplash? That, but except that her background motivation is to literally make us quit chemistry because we're obviously a failure that doesn't belong there, by the things she's done and how she treats people (students), I'd say she really treats us like lesser beings not worthy of her time in the glorious field of chemistry. It's even worse when you finished HS 3 years before enrolling in college and you're really trying to make something out of yourself.

I forgot the formula for buoyancy (that we mentioned in HS, didn't work excessively with) and the shitstorm ensues.
>"You should have known that from HS, I don't know how you're expecting to pass this class"

What is the point of giving me so much shit at class. I could understand that if that was oral exam so they make fun of my answers and fuck around with me before failing me. But come on. Every excercise we do; guess who is breathing down our necks, leaving 0 room to breathe. I know you're trying to make the best generation of chemists, but no need for so much fucking drama and a fucking power point presentation on how much I suck and how I'm a failure unfit for that class. I know I'm not up to her standards, but she can't even acknowledge I'mm trying. She can't acknowledge shit, her version of praise is silence when she looks at you.

The only reason I'm still there is to prove her wrong despite having to take a xanax after 4 hours of exercises to calm my shit after that much fucking pressure. It'd be easier if she screamed, but rules of conduct prevent that.

I feel better just by writing this... opinons /adv/?
>>
I have never read something so painfully millennial
>>
>>16681983

I have never read something so vague
>>
>What is the point of giving me so much shit at class.
To teach you something that you might not know: professors rarely want to be professors. What they want is to work at well-funded universities doing research, getting published and making money. They're outright forced to teach. She doesn't want to and there's no question of that.

>she can't even acknowledge I'mm trying
Nor is it her job to. Really her only reason for being in the lab is for insurance purposes. I'm serious. You're more than capable of following a procedure on your own. Pretend like it's your personal lab space and that you have work to do. Then do it.
>>
>>16682044

I don't give a fucking shit what she wants or doesn't want to be in her fucking life. Her fucking job is to teach, not abuse. She can convey the fucking information without raising up all the fucking drama, just TELL me, don't lecure me.

I don't give a fuckign shit if her fucking husband died. I don't care if she's having the worst period of her life because maybe I am having a fucking personal trauma but that doesn't affect my fucking performance. It's not her job to abuse and not my fucking idea of learning to be abused for knowledge, my physics teacher is embodiment of an ideal professor, just lays his shit down and goes on with his life. No raising voices, no stress, no bullshit, you passed, you failed, that's right and that's wrong, we're learning, that's progress. Simple, easy.
>>
>>16681983
I have never read something so unrelated, op is in college, dumbass, there's no way he could be a milennial, do us a favor and off yourself.
>>
>>16682134

+ I'm 3 years behind on academic bullshit, so yeah, your point is valid
>>
Op, I don't know what to say man, just do your best to do the work while putting up with her bullshit.
>>
>>16682111
Okay either drop the class or just put up with it. There's literally nothing else you can do, unless you feel like you have enough of a case to complain to the dean, which I'm telling you right now, you don't, since it's not illegal to be an asshole. Get used to it, man. There will always be someone with power over you who's just an ass. If you're not getting the education you need from her, get a tutor, pass exams, move on.
>>
>>16682205
>>16682165

I'm going to give her the biggest, most polite and the most offensive "fuck you" in the world. I'm going to pass the fucking class with a legitimate grade as well, it's like beating a fucking Canadian at hockey or a african-american at basketball... I can be the bigger legitimate asshole by proving her wrong, she just fuels my fire
>>
>>16682250
Nice, good luck op!
>>
>>16682250
Good! That's the spirit! As long as you're motivated, you can do it! I wish you luck, OP.
>>
Quit being such a baby. Drop the class if you're unhappy.
>>
>>16682432

Like you'd know shit about dealing with people you aren't allowed to stand up to and expectations you have from yourself
>>
>>16682452
>waah, dealing with people you aren't allowed to stand up to
>muh expectations
I'm here to tell you that there is quite a high proportion of jerk bosses in the sciences, so if you can't put up with a teacher being a little short with you for being unprepared, you are going to be in a whole new world of pain when you are doing your post doc or at your first job. It only takes a few publications for a PI to grow a nice ego, so until you're running your own lab get used to people talking down to you. Grow a thicker skin or get out of science.
>>
Chemistry classes are designed by nature to weed the weak out of stem majors, its infamous for it, as are calc 1 and calc 2. Running a lab is a pain in the ass if someone gets hurt it is likely her ass on the line.
>>
>>16682594

I've been to 2 different science colleges and I have not ever met a single piece of shit like this.
>>
>>16682594
But do you see the loop?

They probably went through the same thing, finally got a degree, published some articles and now they're doing the same thing to new generations...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.