[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
18 yo random guy here. All my friends are male. Like, all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
18 yo random guy here. All my friends are male. Like, all of them. How the fuck do I start a friendship with a girl?
>>
Talk to them and invite them to come along when you (and your other friends) are out doing stuff.
>>
>>16680920

If friendship is really all you want, why so specific about gender?
>>
>>16680920

Girls don't make great friends. They aren't as funny, committed, or inventive as guy friends. You're doing the right thing for now. You might not believe me, but it's true. Just look at what you do for fun and compare it to what girls do.

Just fuck girls on the side, maybe date a few.
>>
>>16680920
Be really nice i guess
>>
Same as with dudes but be careful never to be flirty and try not to suggest activities that would look like a date before you're both shure you're just friends.
>>
don't it's awful
>>
Just like you do with guys.
I have some male friends. We met through school, common interests, common friends or online. We talk about common interests, joke, talk about our lives. We watch tv shows/movies together, do stuff related to our hobbies, go out for drinks or dinner and sometimes travel.
Really, super normal shit.
They never flirt with me, I never flirt with them. We're super relaxed around each other.
>>
>>16680932
>Girls don't make great friends. They aren't as funny, committed, or inventive as guy friends.
Until you meet one that is, friend her, then fall in love because she's that great.
>>
>>16680920
For what purpose?
>>
File: ishiggy.jpg (9 KB, 68x51) Image search: [Google]
ishiggy.jpg
9 KB, 68x51
>>16680920
>unironically wanting a gf

Surely you jest.

Gf is a mythical being that shits stress and causes hair loss. Stay away from da voodoo.
>>
>>16681046

Yawn. I've been with my girl for 5 years. We'll probably get married soon. She's gorgeous, polite, great in the sack, patient, and sweet. We rarely fight, and I know she loves me more than anything.

She's also BORING compared to a guy. Do you know what she does with her friends? They go clothes shopping. They get their nails done. They watch movies about people in relationships. THEY SUCK.

Sometimes she wants to go to the beach. Want to know what she does there? SHE FALLS ASLEEP ON A TOWEL. She loves the life women crave- buying shit, looking pretty, sleeping, and dating a fun guy.

Guys are fun friends. Again, just find a girl to fuck, date, and show off.
>>
>>16680932
This
>>
>>16681078
Well a girl is a girl. Of course she's gonna like girl things. But there are girls out there who also like "guy" things. Who are like your best mate but also your gf.

Dunno, obviously you haven't found one.
>>
>>16680920
Why? You mean fwb?
>>
>>16681078
Wow, girls around you sure seem boring as fuck. That or you're just biased.
>>
>>16681078
You know extremely boring women.
>>
>>16681078
So your girlfriend is kind of boring and you extrapolated that to all women. Please don't do that in the future.

I've been with my fiancée for four years. She's gorgeous, kind, communicates well, and her interests include most of the stupid geeky shit I'm into, which we can talk about for hours, as well as a few all her own (she's really into improv and takes classes, which is whatever to me, but I'm glad she has it as a creative outlet.) With a few modifications that describes most of the women I'm lucky enough to have in my life. Not a one of them is vapid or lacking in interests beyond shopping.

I'm sure your girlfriend (fiancée?) is a wonderful person, and I'm not criticizing her, but if you've never known any interesting women, the common factor here is you.
>>
Go to places with girls that have similar interests to you.
>>
>>16681173
>>16681179
>>16681179
>>16681189

Butthurt roastie counter strike squad detected
>>
>>16681117
>>16681173
>>16681179
>>16681189

Yaaaawn.

I am surrounded by women. I've dated many, fucked many, work with them, etc. around the world. French women. American women. Australian women.

They are so so so boring as a whole. Their humor sucks. For every 1 that can hit a decent jump shot, make me laugh until I can't breathe, help me survive in the wilderness, Or help me move furniture... There's 10000 that bore me to death.

To the engaged anon, your fiancé sounds boring to me. You guys talk about geeky stuff and that's supposed to impress me? Talking? Get back to me when she learns how to infiltrate the mafia, or if she decides to race motorcycles for a living.

Women get jealous of my girl- she's beautiful, well off, and she's been to all the major world landmarks. Other girls are intimidated by her. Despite all that, her favorite thing to do is fall asleep, eat, or take selfies.

Most girls that do 'guy shit' are homely. It's reality, people.
>>
>>16681230
>roastie
Haha. This fucking meme.

You made a stupid post and got called on it, it happens to the best of us now and then. Just cop to it next time, dude.
>>
>>16681289
Yes, I'm sure one of your criteria for your male friends is that they have to have infiltrated the mafia, or be a professional motorcycle racer. Are you actually a troll?

You're not a rock star or a secret agent, sorry. You don't pick your friends that way. You pick them because they're fun to hang out with, smart, witty, funny people who have interests they're willing to share. Some people pick their partners that way too.
>>
>>16680920
try being friends with lesbians I heard they are the coolest friends to have as females. every other girl is for fucking.
>>
>>16681078
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>16681352

Big yawn. If this is a guy I'm speaking to, your estrogen levels are through the roof. No I'm by a spy, but one of my hobbies is to build and race motorcycles. That's a whole lot more interesting than sitting on a couch and talking to a girl about 'geeky stuff'.

And no I don't pick guy friends based on just that. But how many girls have been an asset to your basketball team? How many have helped you lift a washing machine onto a truck? How many, in comparison to other guys, have made you tear up from laughing?

ALL my friends do two of those things, I have never met a woman that does all 3.

OP if you want to talk about feelings and geeky stuff, get a female. If you like doing other shit, find guys.

Btw, that other post was some anon agreeing with me. I usually respond by typing long winded shit.
>>
>>16681377

Why? My girl is the catch of a lifetime and I have great guy friends.

Feel sorry for yourself.
>>
>>16681392
I haven't said anything about me, but you've gone on a huge rant about your boring girl. Why should I feel sorry for myself?
>>
>>16681405

Oh stop. You don't have the upper hand on me. Your fake pity is wasted. Feel sorry for yourself.
>>
>>16681415
>you suck
>no you
>no YOU
>>
>>16681289
>For every 1 that can hit a decent jump shot, make me laugh until I can't breathe, help me survive in the wilderness, Or help me move furniture... There's 10000 that bore me to death.
Well that sounds kind of sad. So you've actually met girls who you found more interesting but settled for one who bores you to death instead? Settling isn't the worst thing, but that kind of sounds sad.
>>
>>16680932

This is a bit true through my years of experience. I'm gay, but all of my good friends are guys. I find girls to be EXTREMELY flaky. The quality of friendship is usually very poor compared to guys and never as fulfilling and can feel one-sided.

None of this is to say that you can't be friends with a girl. Just don't expect it to be like your bros you can hit up or hang out whenever.
>>
>>16680920
almost all of my female friends are the girlfriends of my guyfriends. they come and go, my guyfriends stay. but men do I have a great fucking time with those girlfriends! I can like.. talk to them about anything, and having all these pretty ladies around me attracts more to me aswell.
I think it's the best "other sex-friendships" there is
>>
>>16682006

This. I don't have any female friends but my friends gfs are cool to chat and hang out with. If you're a decent guy you could probably get them to hook you up or introduce you to one of their friends too.
>>
>>16681046

Met a girl. She's the best friend ever. Not anything like you're describing, dull and such.
She is... amazing.
So amazing that I've fallen for her.
This probably won't help my marriage out much, but oh well.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.