[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1452691148008.jpg (80 KB, 645x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452691148008.jpg
80 KB, 645x1000
I don't see value in human life anymore, life is so pointless. What does it all add up to? Why do anything if it means nothing. I can't be bothered doing anything anymore. I'm going to probably kill myself soon.
>>
Whats wrong?
Life is about being happy. What do you like?
>>
>>16681242
This.

If nothing makes you happy and you're a lost cause, then you can try making others happy.
>>
>>16681242
Not OP, but I like doing anything tech related, I study at university and when I fail, like today, I am told by my mother that I should die, so she don't have to be ashamed of me. I'm pussy to do an hero and I started to hate her from the bottom of my hearth. I think I have what it takes to finish the uni, but I just sometimes have a streak of bad luck. Help me.
>>
>>16681312
Whats going on?
Whats the problem? Lazy? Cant focus? Always tired?
>>
>>16681242

>Life is about being happy

I think this attitude is one of the main reasons everyone is so unhappy these days

Provide for your family > Provide for yourself > Spend time with your family > Spend alone time with your wife/husband/partner/significant other > Spend time with your friends > Make a contribution to society > Do things that you think are fun > Experience arts/literature/food/music > Travel

this is what matters in life, in that order. Notice that there's a whole lot more focus on responsibility, solid foundations, and hard work than just the elusive idea of "happiness"
>>
>>16681312
Also don't have much RL friends to help me in any way, I'm quite socialable, even if being kissless virgin with no possible relationship in the near (and probably far) future. I just can't take it anymore. No RL people to speak to with that kind of thing. I just can't anymore, with no motivation or energy.
>>
>>16681323
Usually last two, I'm lazy when I don't have to do things, but I do what I must and usually work on other things when I have time. I'm just that guy that learns and understands 99 things of 100 needed and get questioned the one thing I don't know.
>>
File: Capture.png (1 MB, 794x690) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 MB, 794x690
>>16681326
Being happy is about having a well directed mind imo
>>
Why do I find a thread I can relate to every time I open adv? This one for instance. Seems like I have all the problems people have at once.

But answering the question, I hate to give this dumb response but this is called depression. I'm in the same boat, missed work today and just spent the day in bed wanting to hang myself.

It's a distortion in your perception, balanced people find everything just fine most of the time, while you are biased towards seeing the bad side of everything. This doesn't mean the flaws you find in life are necessarily wrong (for instance it being meaningless), but even if you convince a non depressed person of these things, this person will not experience depression.

Sometimes I try to talk to my sister about how we are all going to rot and how you have to be deluded to believe that the world is a good place where things make sense, but her reaction is always to laugh it off and be like "here he comes again with his bullshit".

As to how to be less depressed, good luck with that. Loneliness plays a role, antidepressants are only slightly better than placebo for most cases (except the severe ones) and have plenty of side effects, too much alcohol will fuck you up even more, vitamin deficiency may or may not play a role, and doing LSD while depressed is a terrible idea because you'll have a bad trip and end up twice as nihilistic as before. These are my personal tips.
>>
>>16681326
Providing for yourself is more important than providing for your family and neither is possible
>>
>>16680658
The point of you being alive is to leave the world a better place than you left it.
>>
>>16681370
nope, not at all

this is a modern abstraction, does a chimp care about making the jungle a better place?
>>
>>16681357

I don't know what that means, but in my experience, happiness is the result of accomplishment. Even if it's a small accomplishment, you have to DO something

>>16681366

Your family survives after you're gone. As soon as they exist, your children are more important than you are. What's good for the group is more important than what's good for you.

I can say one thing for sure, you can NEVER be truly happy until you accept that you're not the most important thing in the universe, you're a small part of something larger, and there are times when you have to put other people and things ahead of your own immediate happiness, comfort, or even safety.
>>
Life is about him our lord and savoir Jesus the only way yoy can be truly happy is through him. If you want to talk more juat ask.
>>
>>16681383
How's that working out for you?
>>
>>16681389

Pretty good.
>>
>>16681389

I mean, it's not like I'm having a ton of fun, I rarely have time just for myself, but at least I have a long list of reasons to get up in the morning
>>
>>16681394
Keep it up then. Right up.

Now a question of etiquette; as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
>>
>>16681399
Reason sucks. I want to get that a good feeling. I've had it occasionally so I know it's there.
>>
Life is about him our lord and savoir Jesus the only way yoy can be truly happy is through him. If you want to talk more just ask.
>>
there is no value. there is no god. no afterlife. only spongebob and things to entertain us while we're here.
>>
>>16681408

I hear heroin feels pretty damn good.
>>
>>16680658
I like to drive around like I'mn lazer hawk, and laugh like a villian.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.