[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this shit is I think growing out of my garlic, is it still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: garlicwtf.jpg (632 KB, 2064x1161) Image search: [Google]
garlicwtf.jpg
632 KB, 2064x1161
So this shit is I think growing out of my garlic, is it still ok to eat if I cut it off? What is it even? I tried googling but cant find anything
>>
Much like a potato that is the garlic trying to become a plant. Should be fine to eat unless it is also changing its hue.
>>
Are you that poor, or just too lazy to get new garlic from the store? The time it took u to take this photo, write it up and post it, is the time itd take to get a new one from the store
>>
>>16680178
It's either a shoot or a root.
>>
>>16680187
so its ok if I cut it off?

>>16680189
well obviously im not at the fucking store now and i have garlic laying around, so yeah..

>>16680194
which means?
>>
>>16680189
Do you actually live inside the store or something nigga? it would take me a good 30mins to drive to the store and return to home, and i live in the city
>>
>>16680195
Do you even biology?

Either cut it off or plan your garlic and let it live.
>>
>>16680202
no i do not thats why i ask her

what do you mean with plan my garlic?

it doesnt look tasty desu so i guess im just gonna cut a very big part off
>>
Grow your own garlic spouts, never pay for them again.

http://simpledailyrecipes.com/8594/how-to-grow-your-own-garlic-chives/
>>
>>16680195
Its a bloody garlic. Ofc its ok. This must be bait.
>>
What do they teach kids in school these days.
>>
>>16680206
i dont have a garden unfortunately i live in the city

>>16680210
well i just havent seen this shit before

>>16680215
im sorry i dont remember the biology lesson where weird brenches start to grow out of your garlic 20 years ago
>>
it's a parasite and as you've handled it you are already infected. before you know it you'll be growing garlic cloves out your ass.
>>
>>16680217
You really have never seen a potato with roots?
>>
>im sorry i dont remember the biology lesson where weird brenches start to grow out of your garlic 20 years ago

If I was your parents I would demand my taxes back as they clear weren't spent on your education.
>>
>>16680224
Or more importantly does op realise garlic is a plant?
>>
>>16680224
maybe, im just not used to shit growing out of my food while its in my fridge, so i thought i'd ask

>>16680227
pretty sure im not the first person to not remember tiny details from schol lessons 2 decades go

>>16680230
i thought it was a spice
>>
Ignore all other posts imma tell it to you straight.

Unlike some plants, when planting garlic and other plants in the onion-family, you don't put a seed in the ground, you put the actual onion. Tulips are like that. (Potatos as well, just not same family. Have you ever heard of a potato-seed?)
The sprout just mean your garlic is healthy and possibly got some moisture on it, starting the growing process.

It's 100% safe to eat. This is what vegetables do. They grow. You don't need to cut a huge chunk of it off, you can most likely eat the sprout as well.
>>
>>16680233
Spice? The fu... You know what? I don't blame you. City folk (or at least those who've never had a garden) don't know a lot about nature so it isn't your fault. Just become more scientific literate so that you never feel like a dummy again. I recommend starting with biology, then chemistry and after that you'll know what to learn next.
>>
>>16680238
thanks man, yeah now i've learned it then

im just gonna cut it off to be safe anyway but yeah

I havent touched my garlic in a while, and i open the fridge and see this shit, so I was kinda confused, thougth i'd ask. Better safe than sorry

>>16680240
if I had my own garden i would plant the shit out of it, tomatoes paprika onions garlic cucumber lots of mushrooms but yeah i dont have a garden
>>
>>16680233
>i thought it was a spice
Spice is something you make from certain plants.
Black pepper is a spice. It is also the berries of the pepper tree. The berries is what you plant in the ground to make a plant, which will grow into a tree.
Other spices comes from other parts of plants, like cinnamon comes from the inner bark of the cinnamon trees.

You must be American.
>>
Garlic is bulb.
Its the plants food store that allows the plant to remain dormant through winter.

In you case the bulb has decided to try and grow, the garlic is still garlic just cut the new bit off.
>>
>>16680238
Potatoes and onions both produce seeds.

The bulb and the spun is the plants food store for winter.
>>
>>16680255
>spun
Spud
>>
you don't even need to cut the growth off, it's still garlic and will taste like garlic.
>>
>>16680262
i dont trust it because it looks different than normally
>>
>>16680189
Why are Burgers so stupid and wasteful? There's nothing wrong with the garlic.
>>
>>16680255
Yes of course. But you don't sow potato seeds, you just put one potato in the ground, and it will produce clones.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.