[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cat is clingy to a bizarre degree, how do I get it to leave me alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: angryfrog.jpg (17 KB, 190x175) Image search: [Google]
angryfrog.jpg
17 KB, 190x175
I got her when she was max 2 months old. She became clingy within the first week then became slightly more distant. After she went into heat we had her spayed and she gradually became more and more clingy again.

At this point she'll follow me from room to room, scratch and howl insanely if I lock her out of my room, she sleeps literally right next to my head EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. When I come home from work she demands to sit on my lap and cuddle. She'll stand up on my lap and rub her cheek against my head.. If I take a shower, a lot of the time she'll sit outside of the bathroom waiting for me. If I take a bath for too long she'll start howling and scratching at the bathroom door.

When I come home from work she'll immediately go to wherever I am and sit on my lap and sleep or cuddle.

I'm sitting in bed right now as I type this, and she's on my lap sleeping and cradled against my left arm.

The thing is when I first got her, I was the first person to hold her, and interact with her, and I would give her hugs and rub my cheek against her cheek etc..It was nice having a living teddy bear, but I have literally no privacy now and I am never alone, and I can't be alone without having to endure scratching and howling from the cat. I think I socialized her way too much. Fapping is annoying as fuck because I just hear crying and scratching outside my door.

She only does this with me, and no one else. I tried making her sleep outside my bedroom, but she just starts howling/crying and scratching at my door or she paces the house meowing. Getting another cat to keep her company only worked in the short term and now it doesn't make any difference at all.
>>
This has been going on for years and she's five or six years old now. I think it may be too late to train her to behave differently as I've just given up and allowed her to follow me around everywhere and sleep in my bed at night.

Should I just get sound proof headphones and give locking her out of my room at night another go?
>>
>Getting another cat to keep her company only worked in the short term
lol you're an idiot.
Pay her attention. If anything, you need firm behavior changing. This cat will be a life saver for you, so treat it well.
>>
>>16680114
Fuck, I will buy your adorable cat.
>>
What kind of cat is she?
>>
>>16680114
>we had her spayed
Fuck you are a shitty person.
>>
Post pics :3
>>
>>16680542
Seconded, she sounds like the cutest cat ever.
>>
Just play with her till she tires out. You're not doing enough for her and you lock her out n shit.

My cat is almost the same, needs so much attention. So I play with her for an hour, she gets tired, I lay her down in her kitty bed, she's asleep for 3 fucking hours. In that time I work, jack off, and do what I want.
>>
>I have literally no privacy now
It's a motherfucking cat, it's not going to report you to the FBI you fucking retard.
>>
I dont get how people can have clingy pets. Especially cats since theyre so independent. I'm 30 and I grew up with cats. At one point, my 5 cats all got pregnant at the same time because my family gave them the entire backyard to have control over.
Anyway, I have a lot of experience with cats. I didn't let them sit on my lap, I didn't let them climb on tables or counters. They weren't allowed on my bed unless invited. Much like training a dog, you have to be the firm with them, you're the boss, you make the rules. Have rules, be consistent.
If they get on the bed, say no, and guide them off the bed. If they scratch, say no, and spank their butt.

Your cat obviously loves you, but you have to enfore rules with pets otherwise they're the ones that own you.
>>
Get another cat to be her bro
>>
>>16680584
You don't get it because you are a shitty owner who let's cats outdoors and get pregnant
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.