[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 540x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 540x391
Any advice on dumping a guy?
>>
>>16679817
have sex with his best friend
>>
>>16679817
A bit of context, OP.
>>
>>16679817
do it in person if possible, only jerks break up over text

think of what you want to say beforehand because shit's probably gonna get emotional

do him a courtesy and tell him why you're breaking up with him. if he's acting like a jackass or is immature or whatever, he can't fix that stuff about himself if he doesn't know what's wrong

give him back any of his stuff that is still at your place and set a day to come and collect anything of yours that is at his place

after that, it's probably best to cut contact unless you're both 200% sure you want to stay friends

take a deep breath and move on

if he begs you to take him back, even if you want to, don't do it unless he's spent at least a year fixing whatever it was made you dump him. even then it'll never be the same and may not work out

that's about all there is to it, good luck OP
>>
Public place
Be nice
Don't touch him like if you had pity or something
Don't try to be friends with him
Explain why you are breaking up with him ( i seriously hope you tried to talk about the problems before )
Tell him everything is going to be ok
>>
>>16679976
see I have always been on the fence about the public place thing

if you think he might get violent or flip out on you then definitely

but honestly if I was going to be dumped I wouldn't want it done in public, because I'd be crying and shit, and I just have to think it would feel so fucking humiliating
>>
>>16679988
>>16679976
I think you should do it in a park desu
>>
>>16679993
how come?
>>
>>16679995
Like sit on a bench and

"look..."
>>
>>16680005
no I mean how come as in why? why a park?
>>
>>16680012
while on the bench you have privacy and room for running away if the person gets violent or for the other part to vent their shit or don't feel that bad while doing it.
You neither have to worry for the akward check/payment after the meal or coffe
>>
>>16680020
how do you have privacy though?
>>
>>16679817
the direct approach is often the best approach
hard mode: tell him the truth about why youre dumping him
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.