[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help with getting in college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (402 KB, 1280x1451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402 KB, 1280x1451
Hi guys, so my significant other wants to break up with me because they feel as if they are wasting my time and ruining my life because I'm not in college since I live with them out of state.

So basically my mom kicked me out in May. I moved to Florida with my S/O to start my life there. I've been applying for jobs and had no luck. I also had to take 3 months off from looking for jobs because my family member was dying and I had to fly back home. I'm flying back to Florida tomorrow.

My S/O wants me to stay home, but I have no family support whatsoever and wouldn't be able to attend school here regardless. They said they won't leave if I can prove to them that I can get finical aid and can attend classes this semester or the summer.

I want to apply for the FAFSA, but I'm concerned with applying due to my situation. I'm out of state and I don't have a residence. I basically live in my S/O's dorm and I am undocumented.

I plan on getting a P.O. Box when I get back home so I can get a job. And preferably work somewhere that helps with tuition.

Another thing is that my mother doesn't claim me as her dependent, the only benefits I have from my parents is health insurance until I'm 23.

Please guys, what should I do? Do you think I can get help with the fafsa?
>>
Please anyone?
>>
You can't get a Po box without some proof of residency.
>>
>>16678577
I thought you could, as long as you have a government ID card.
>>
>>16678533
>>16678596
yo man, what are you applying to study?

i have no idea what to go to school for
>>
>>16678599
I'm not too sure, I went to college for one year. I was a computer science major but my SO says that it requires a lot of classes and money to complete.

I might switch over to finance or accounting considering my family is full of accountants and can help me learn it.
>>
>>16677540
I remember being 19 too, anon.

Get the fasfa, that shit is free money.

Get a degree, and a job that pays more than $20 an hour, then find a girl who is better than the one you are with.

Trust me OP If you cant find a job, its probably not wise for you to start doting on this women.

Stay home, and in 4-6 years you can date, and or at least buy as much pussy as you want
>>
>>16678641
I can't stay home though, I'm pretty much banned from my family.
My SO doesn't believe I can get a fafsa but I still need to do it and I have no idea how to convince them otherwise. They believe they are taking care of me because they buy me food and drive me around.

Do you think I'll qualify for the fafsa? My mom said she stopped claiming me as a dependent in May.
>>
>>16678662
>qualify for the FAFSA
You clearly have no idea what that even is. Even the richest person can at least fill the form out. You should go on the website and learn about it.
>>
>>16678596
>I thought you could, as long as you have a government ID card.
where does your id card say you live?
>>
>>16678692
I don't know much about it, I just been told it's for people with no option but thank you for that information. I know it just gives you an estimate on how much you need. Then again not all to sure, my mind is all jumbled right now..

>>16678724
I have a military ID card. I am a military child and can keep this card until I'm 23.
>>
>>16678804
>I have a military ID card.
that's not enough. you have to show you live a place to get a PO box there
>>
>>16678827
If that is the case, what should I do when it comes to finding a job? In terms of using an address.
>>
>>16678840
you just need to prove you're a citizen to get a job. military ID plus social security card or birth certificate I think
>>
>>16678867
Okay, thank you. I have all of those at least.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.