[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A short example of my life as a kid, is this normal? Was I being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 85936765.jpg (20 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
85936765.jpg
20 KB, 500x389
A short example of my life as a kid, is this normal? Was I being spoiled about not wanting to eat inside the restaurant? This happened several years ago when I was 16 but I still wonder about it a lot.

>on vacation
>mom wants to eat dinner 4 hours earlier than we’d planned
>i’m not hungry, being a teen with new smartphone, want to stay in car
>this makes her mad
>wants us to eat together
>accuses me of being anorexic
>i’m just not hungry
>offer to take food with me, not good enough
>mom yells at dad to take me outside and “shake” me
>dad says he doesn’t want to get arrested in america
>things get heated
>parents tell me i always ruin everything
>want me to move out
>i offer to go inside and eat with them
>it’s too late, mom refuses to eat, i ruined the mood
>drive her to the hotel, go to pick up food
>scared of them, crying
>get to hotel
>drank a lot, need to go to bathroom
>mom says i’m bulimic (not true) and have been vomiting entire trip
>says they have to watch me pee, otherwise i can't go
>wtf
>refuse
>things get more heated
>keeps yelling at dad to pull my pants down and force me onto the toilet, force me to pee
>dad says i’m too old for that
>she tries to compromise
>i can’t flush toilet and need to leave door open
>mirrors everywhere, this is gross, i say no
>call her perverted when she keeps insisting and pushing dad
>mom is furious
>says she’s done with us and is leaving
>hotel is next to highway, i’m scared for her, apologize and try to hug her
>calls me selfish cunt, pushes me away, throws stuff on floor
>leaves
>dad goes to look for her
>implies i ruined their vacation
>i’m crying because i think she killed herself
>dad doesn’t correct me
>is weirdly calm
>2 hrs of this
>he knew where she was hiding the entire time
>>
>>16677117
Not normal. Your mom has a screw loose. You may have been misbehaving a bit but they both overreacted to what shouldn't have escalated beyond a bit of bickering. Sorry you had to deal with this. Sounds awful.
>>
Your mom was emotionally abusive/controlling. It's not your fault, Anon.

It had nothing to do with you or the restaurant. Your mothers demons were her own, and she took them out on you. She may have been trying to express concern for your we'll being, just in all the wrong ways.

It's not your fault.
>>
Your mom is probably bipolar and needs medical evaluation.
Lack of sleep and you not completely going slong with her plans probably triggered her into a controlling rage fit. Your dad has rough roads ahead, so try to not reel guilty when you move out and stick him with her. You deserve sane parents.
>>
>>16677138
>>16677146
Thanks.

>>16677159
Thanks. I don't live with them anymore, I definitely have felt very depressed over my dad having to deal with this alone. Though they seem to be doing better.
>>
is this way abnormal or just slightly dysfunctional?
>>
So what happened OP? How old are you now? Are you still living with them?

That is really REALLY fucked up that she was insisting you pee in front of them, I'm glad your dad was at least sane. Sounds like this is more than an isolated incident.

>>16677739
For the mother, I'd say it was way abnormal.
>>
>>16677781
I'm in my early 20s now. What happened is my mom came back furious but I was too scared to say anything. The next day they acted like nothing had ever happened. I didn't want to rock the boat so I went along with it. If I hadn't done that it probably would've started again.
>>
This comes off as an abnormal response to a stressful stimulus.

Reality was OP you were being quite horrid. Mother probably went on this vacation specifically in the hopes that you would become closer. Instead she found you to be uncooperative and distant.

Stress probably got to her along with fear if her being inadequate for you to discuss her perceived bulimic problems you had.
>>
>>16677909
She didn't go on this vacation for us to be closer, we went on vacation to the same place 4 times a year.
>>
>>16677117
i can imagine my mom doing this. some mothers are just emotionally manipulative. sux, OP. get a job and move out. don't talk to them for a while.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.