[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saving Private Bort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1452542105530.jpg (38 KB, 480x706) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452542105530.jpg
38 KB, 480x706
So I got a message from my ex the other day. Here's the general idea lads:

>She's preggers
>Not mine so it's cool
>She's planning to kill it anyway
>I begin to refer to it as Bort for abortion

Next day

>It begins to dawn on me that Bort will fulfill his purpose and get aborted this week
>Fug.png
>Become strangely attached to this doomed embryo (probably because like him, I too was let go at the last minute)
>Consult friend
>We begin the 'Save Bort' movement.

So, /adv/, how should I rescue Bort before he dissolves from existence?
>>
You know how they always say don't name it
>>
>Pro Lifers

Top kek m80, she's destroying that mistake and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

>>/tumblr/
>>
>>16676384
Don't. You're only invested in this because you picked out a dumb name for it. You'll get bored of it and she'll be left with an unwanted child and all the responsibilities and financial drains that a child entails.
>>
You're joking right?
>>
>>Pro Lifers

I couldn't care less whether an embryo's heading for the bin or not, it'll be dead no matter what. :^)

But Bort's different.
Bort has a name.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452470211615.jpg (17 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452470211615.jpg
17 KB, 480x269
>>16676398
>>
>>16676384

if you want to pay for it, and raise it, and love it, and parent it forever ... yes. Otherwise, mind your own business and move on.
>>
One day it could be a living breathing unique mind, a mind that is unrepeatable. You can have some influence here. I feel for Bort too. It makes me think of bizarro Bart Simpson. Talk to her. Sway her with emotions. Women love emotions. Tell her how she is killing a potential human being like herself. How you wouldn't ever have existed if not for a last minute decision. Save Bort! Cold blooded abortion always seemed to be pushed by utter narcissists who lack empathy to me. Sure sometimes if you are completely unable to raise it or were raped, etc., it might be justifiable. But not just on a whim. Be responsible.
>>
>ex preggers
>not yours

Like what is even the issue here? You want her to make a huge life change because of a joke you made up?
>>
Is carrying this child to term going put her at a severe health risk(family history and body type have a lot to do here)?
Is she in a good position to raise a child?
Are you planning to try to get back with her and help raise him or her(do you know yet? A lot of women will change their mind the first time they see an ultrasound)?
Would you be willing and able to raise the child yourself if it came to that?
Do you know or can you find someone willing to adopt?

These are some questions you need to be able to answer before you seriously discuss this with her. Good luck sir.
>>
>>16676384
If he does come to existence, hope his mother wont be dumb enough to get together again with her moron of an ex boyfriend.
>>
>>16676572
It's okay, I plan to kill myself if Bort is born.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.