[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soft suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1401207902360.jpg (53 KB, 525x309) Image search: [Google]
1401207902360.jpg
53 KB, 525x309
I've been thinking about killing myself for a very long time and I want to make it easy as possible on my family.
Is there anything I could do to make it easier for them?
Anyone who has any experience with losing someone, what could I do or say to soften the blow?

So far I have come up with leaving a note saying I don't blame them, that I had been suffering for a long time and maybe they can find some peace in the fact I'm not any more.
I also plan on leaving a photo of my mother and I so she has something to remember me by.
>>
>>16676371
My brother killed himself. It destroyed me and my family. I can't get over the guilt, the anger, the sadness. I have been in therapy for a year and it is so hard for me.

Please, don't do it. Seek help.
>>
>>16676371
There is no way to make it easier. Everyone you know will suffer quite badly for varying lengths of time, totally independent of your actions beforehand.

It's why people call suicide selfish, because everyone will blame themselves, wonder what they could've done more to help you, and feel guilt in addition to their sorrow, no matter how nice your little suicide note is.

If you have a selfless bone in your body, you wouldn't do it. It's a lot of anguish
>>
Smoke cigarettes. Makes yourselve feel better, is a cool thing to do and only cuts of a couple years if you don't stop it when you're old.
>>
>>16676382
Tried getting help, didn't work.

>>16676391
Is life really worth living if you are only living for someone else?
>>
>>16676408
Yes, because if you don't kill yourself, you're not causing your loved ones unimaginable pain.
>>
>>16676408
You should keep trying. Don't give up.

Really, there's no way to make it less painful for your family.
>>
>>16676371

If you are going to do it, use a suicide bag, and do it somewhere that you'll be found in a reasonable amount of time, ideally by professionals like a nurse.
>>
I thought about this before too. What my plan is that I'm going to leave a note that I ran away. But instead, I'll go to a very remote area then kill myself. Preferably an area where my body is almost impossible to find.
>>
>>16676490

The thing is, and i think we can likely all agree on it ... if you're concerned about your relatives, you're not really looking to kill yourself. You're likely having suicidal adoration, or suicidal thoughts, but not actually thoughts of killing yourself. I routinely go through spurts of thinking about killing myself, sometimes to the point of knowing the tide schedule, but I also (because I've seen a therapist) know that I'm not actually planning to die, I'm just looking for an out from my life.

If that's what you're doing, then the answer is to simply leave your life. Go join the armed forces, move across the country, backpack through south america. Do something, anything, other than what you're doing today. And .. (and this is the key) .. leave your phone behind. Get a new number and get off social media for six months until you find a new you, in a new place.

So, either kill yourself (option a) or (option b) move to Sarasota tomorrow. It's a small city, fairly warm, plenty of entry level work, and you can rent rooms there for $300 a month. BTW, Sarasota is just a place. If you don't want to move there, move anywhere but ... leave your life.
>>
>>16676371
Your family is going to feel shame that you killed yourself, anger that you did it, guilt that they couldn't help you, and sadness that you're no longer here.
It isn't the actual act that causes this, people die all the time, it's the fact that you did it at all. If you love your family, don't do this.
>>
hey OP. I'm suicidal too. nobody can help me, I understand where you're coming from.. I wouldn't dare hurt myself, however because it would kill my family. it would kill my friends. I have to keep on pushing for whatever it is I'm looking for in life.
how old are you?
>>
>>16676413
>>16676418
>>16676570
>>16676588

I don't love my family but I don't want to end it all and leaving behind horrible mess. What is more pointless pain going to accomplish.

>>16676588
I'm 23, toying with the idea since mid-teens. Almost went through with it 2 years ago but didn't and I really wish I had.
>>
>>16677612
'Sigh' typos.
I don't love my family but I don't want to end it all, leaving behind a horrible mess if possible. What is more pointless pain going to accomplish?*
>>
get a casual opiate habit, don't tell anyone, drink normally, one day you'll overdose and no one will see it coming.

but don't do it.
>>
File: 1334471657074.jpg (183 KB, 650x497) Image search: [Google]
1334471657074.jpg
183 KB, 650x497
>>16677651
super cool plan anon , where to get H ?
>>
>>16677648
Yeah, life isn't easy for no one. Everyone has their share of problems. It's overcoming these hardships, that make life worth living. The problem isn't the hardships you have, the problem is that you guys are to weak willed. Grab your problems by the throat and squeeze everything out of them. Untill then try to improve yourself slowly but surely.
>>
I am an unbelivable fuck up only with my face and decent body being reedemable features.

I dont seek relationships, I dont really have any ambitions, every day is a chore for the past few years.

I am not keen on living but I cannot die for my family.

No matter what they were there for me even in absolute shitfest situations and are probably the only people I have any kind of feelings for.

My parents and sister are the main reason I won't off myself.

Think of stigma,pain,confusion and guilt they will be bound for the rest of their life.

I got mentally shit cards, hard luck.
>>
File: junkie.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
junkie.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>>16677684
Start hanging around with people who smoke (they should be pretty easy to find, especially in art schools - or any high school for that matter), slowly use them to meet people who do party stuff such as speed, mdma, cocaine, and soon enough you will bump onto somebody who does heroin.

When you find that person, simply act casual and ask him something along the lines:
"Hey you don't happen to be doing H, don't you? I've been calling all my guys but the city is pretty dry tonight"
They will most probably hook you up with their main dealer, which is how you get the real stuff.

Though I sincerely hope that you will try weed/mdma/acid and that you will become happy with it. Heroin is a bitch.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.